• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didnt see this thread well..

They are Replicators designed by the Asgard to hold their Conscience IMHO
    Meh..

Comment

I don't want to continue making a whole big thing about it, FallenAngel, but I just want to make a couple points in response to your latest reply and then I'm done.

-Allowing for a short self-destruct is something that a lot of races try to avoid since it means they have a problem undoing it if it is activated by an intruder, a malfunction, or a comptuer virus. My basis, for the possibility that the Wraith can get in and out in time is that they are not unlike most others in that regard. But I suggested other possibilities for why a self-destruct might not work just incase they did do that (chief among them was a computer virus, which I think has a lot of merit). I also still think that they have a shot at getting in before they activate the self destruct. With their ship damaged, their sensors may not be working and so hostiles boarding the ship may go unnoticed and they might not even think that the Wraith want to get onboard so they may continue fighting if their weapons are active or instead try to ram an enemy craft, hoping to do the most damage possible before they are destroyed. However, that could fail in its execution.

-You seem to be of the belief that I think the Wraith should go in and search through their computers with a pre-established knowledge of their language while the self destruct is active. I may not have been clear, but I have always thought that they could get in and out with what they need so it can be studied later. This can be done in two ways - One, they manually install a virus at the first computer terminal they can find (assuming they can't wirelessly transmit the virus in this particular situation) and have it quickly gather a copy of the information stored on their computer for later study. Two, they go to the bridge and grab whatever they can move that looks like a computer and run out. They might be able to pull large chunks of various terminals out and so long as Asgard version of a harddrive is in there and undamaged, they potentially have what they need.
      Last edited by Xaeden; 02 October 2008, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
        The Ancients did no have self-destructs on their ships as far as we know.
        I do believe the Aurora, the first one, had a self destruct in place as it was used to destroy the two Wraith cruisers that attempted to board it but I'm not sure if this was standard practice or if it was something rigged by the crew or something the Atlantis Expedition added into it.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I like that idea

also about beaming it not unlkely januses lab is sheilded it is secret
          and maybee even most of atlantis have we seen beming besides the gate room and infirmary

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Didn't they say that once a device has been activated by someone with the gene, anyone can work it? I hope they have a decent explanation for why they needed help. Evidently Rodney made it work very quickly and easily, so someone like Hermiod should have been able to do it with his eyes closed and with one hand.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I think the likely reason why the Asgard didn't use their beaming tech once inside the cities shield is so that their identity was kept secret from the Atlantis team.

Comment

Originally posted by Argosy View Post
                Idk…it seems to me that they have been cut off for some time since they did not utilize any of the three generations of Asgard transporter tech that we have seen in the last 12 years.

First Gen. transporter tech was short range & line of sight much like the Ancient obelisk & Wraith beaming tech.

Second Gen. transporter tech had a similar look to the first, but was no longer line of sight (“Shades of Grey”) & could beam through solid enclosures.

Third Gen. Asgard transporter tech is the “Trek-like” beaming tech that we currently have on board our 304’s, & could easily have placed those Asgard SPETSNAZ in the Janus lab after they breached the shield (it’s possible second gen. Asgard beaming tech could have done this as well, but I only saw it used in one episode), so the question is…if they just recently broke away from the main Asgard civilization why wouldn’t they have the means to board the city-ship or pluck their objective(s) from the lab directly?

I think it very likely that they broke away some time ago.
                I don't think Thor's Hammer would count since it is hundreds of years old and it has other functions.

The second and third generation teleporters are pretty much the same with the exception of the special effect. In "Fair Game," Thor teleportered O'Neill from SG command to his ship in orbit.

Comment

Ok i just(unfortunately) saw who the new Sga enemies are and you know what i said to myself"what the hell?!?!?!"...and honestly i doubt i'm the only one who yelled that out loud.At first i thought it might be the Furlings with well fur underneath the Armoured suit but an ASGARD in a high-tech suit with laser weapons who are hell bent on killing the Wraith and blowing up Stargates!(apparently) And a self destruct device added to their Battle Armour? If you ask me that ain't so err how do i put it Asgardish? I mean how could the writers do this? Make a group of(possibly) crazy Asgard with self-destructing suits! And also a big question in my mind is when did they arrive in Pegasus and how did they survive the massive suicide and mass degeneration? and yes i will say it again........ HOW can they make the Asgard the enemies!

Man i mean i know it's great to see the Asgard ain't all dead but....why did they have to come back all Evil and Sinister? Meh should make things interesting though you have to admit.
                  Tst

Comment

I hope, I pray that pre-view clip is just showing one Asgard or a hollogram of one because I'm hoping for a new race not just an off-shoot of ones we already know. I'm hoping that Asgard was put in the pre-view to throw people off because revealing who the new race is on a pre-view clip is plain stupid imo ... way to go killing the suspense of the next episode who ever made that decision. I love spoilers but thats stupid. I get the feeling they are all Asgard though, the way they all commited mass suicide wouldnt look as bad I guess if they exist somewhere else ... I'm guessing thats how the writers will view it.

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
                      Ok i just(unfortunately) saw who the new Sga enemies are and you know what i said to myself"what the hell?!?!?!"...and honestly i doubt i'm the only one who yelled that out loud.At first i thought it might be the Furlings with well fur underneath the Armoured suit but an ASGARD in a high-tech suit with laser weapons who are hell bent on killing the Wraith and blowing up Stargates!(apparently) And a self destruct device added to their Battle Armour? If you ask me that ain't so err how do i put it Asgardish? I mean how could the writers do this? Make a group of(possibly) crazy Asgard with self-destructing suits! And also a big question in my mind is when did they arrive in Pegasus and how did they survive the massive suicide and mass degeneration? and yes i will say it again........ HOW can they make the Asgard the enemies!

Man i mean i know it's great to see the Asgard ain't all dead but....why did they have to come back all Evil and Sinister? Meh should make things interesting though you have to admit.
                      I'm not privy to spoilers as to why the new Aliens are being called Asgard but in Norse mythology there is two sets of gods where one triumph over the other.

Aesir and the Vanir.

The Aesir won and integrated the Vanir to themselves.

So we could be seeing another Goa'uld-Tok'ra, Ancient-Ori set up.

Comment

I don't know if this has already been asked but here it goes:
                        If the asgard are the new enemy, and they were driving an ancient ship, how did they drive it? wouldn't u need the ata gene?

KEEP IT CLEAN
                        Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                        Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
                          I don't know if this has already been asked but here it goes:
                          If the asgard are the new enemy, and they were driving an ancient ship, how did they drive it? wouldn't u need the ata gene?
                          You must have missed my post on the last page
                          I said that I think the Asgard made that ship based on an Ancient design.
                          It could be a copy of an Ancient transport ship as we've not seen what they look like they were only mentioned in Before I Sleep.

If they had an interface like the Travellers used to control their Aurora class Ancient ship then they wouldn't have needed Rodney to activate the Aterro device.

Comment

Is it possible that they aren't really Asgard? It has been stated in the past that Asgard were very similar physiologically to humans. Perhaps it is another species that just happened to evolve into that form.
                            Personally I hope that isn't the case and it would be one of the stupidest things the writers could ever come up with but its just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Shade_of_Chulak View Post
                              Is it possible that they aren't really Asgard? It has been stated in the past that Asgard were very similar physiologically to humans. Perhaps it is another species that just happened to evolve into that form.
                              Personally I hope that isn't the case and it would be one of the stupidest things the writers could ever come up with but its just an idea.
                              I guess given the sheer number of races there could be out there in the Stargate universe it's not entirely unlikely to find two that evolved into the same form.
                              I just don't think it would have quite so much impact as the return of the actual Asgard, whether it's their entire race (which is pretty unlikely in my opinion) or just a handful of them.

Comment

You know I have to wonder how the crew of the Daedalus will internalize that Asgards still exist. Even if they are another tribe.

Other than SG1 they are the only ones who has made a rapport with that race.

Hermiod may have been a bit of a pain in the arse on a McKay level but he was one of their own.

For him to have died without telling them or saying goodbye. (He probably hates dying goodbyes as much as McKay.)

Comment

Working...
                                X