Discuss the "New" Race!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
    I think they are un-cloned asgard- we saw one in stasis in SG1 season 5. It would work with daniel having a history with the people. but simply MHO.
    Again, the Asgard can breathe in our atmosphere.

I got the Borg sense from them.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
      If thats true it just shows that it may very well be the Ori. After all, Daniel Jackson has a history with them.
      It's not going to be the Ori. They're dead. Leave that line alone.

It could be the foothold aliens, but I don't think so. Pretty big technological leap there.

Who's to say that Daniel didn't encounter one as his time as an ascended being?
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

it would have to be an extremely advanced race...just putting it out there, furlings.
        Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
        sigpic

Comment

They key is the suits. You could tell Daniel was onto something when he mentioned that the suits aren't just for battle, they need them to live. So who has Daniel had a history with that might need them? I can't think of anyone just yet...

Comment

well, a few flaws, if they were the ori, then they would have made a better personal shield that didint die after being assaulted for a few minutes, after all the ancients made a better one so the ori should have been able to.

being as smart as they are, they would have been able to figure the machine out on their own and wouldnt have taken rodney with them.

also, daniel hinted that they were proboly another type of atmoshere breathing race so thats what they proboly are.

ad lastly i would just like to say, stop thinking!!! everytime you do you come away with a stupid idea.
            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I have no idea what is really underneath those suits, if anything living at all. But I sure hope we find out in two weeks.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                They key is the suits. You could tell Daniel was onto something when he mentioned that the suits aren't just for battle, they need them to live. So who has Daniel had a history with that might need them? I can't think of anyone just yet...
                He doesn't need to have prior experience to realize that if they don't use them only for battle they must need them for something else. A breathable atmosphere is only logical.

Comment

THOSE GUYS IN SGA WHO WERE TERRAFORMING THAT ONE PLANET! could be them...wait...i forget, were they humanoid? thinking about it i don' think they were.....anyone know?
                  sigpic

Comment

gadmeer! that was their name...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                      He doesn't need to have prior experience to realize that if they don't use them only for battle they must need them for something else. A breathable atmosphere is only logical.
                      Spoiler:
                      Daniel has a history with the aliens, Shanks says so in an interview.

In fact there are loads of candidates, each as unlikely as the last...

Entity aliens
                      Mist aliens
                      Crystal skull aliens
                      Water lifeforms
                      Foothold aliens
                      Oannes (not sure how long they can stay out of water (and my personal favourite))
                      Message in a bottle aliens
                      Furlings dun dun dunnnnnn
                      Last edited by jenks; 26 September 2008, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                        that would be acceptable. but i still don't get the need for the suits....
                        they were a rather small looking people, maybe it is to make them seem more invnceable? or maybe they were a stasis-type suit...after all 10000 years after janus left, they were waiting for someone to activate the device?

Originally posted by JeffKnight View Post
                        Given that the

Spoiler:

one they shot and captured blew up as soon as they tried to get into the suit, I'd consider that the new 2.0 version suit of the Foothold aliens - since after their encounter with the SGC, they knew they could be captured/incapacitated and that there might not be someone left to activate a manual self-destruct.

Just my opinion...
                        good idea there too!

Comment

I think they are an offshoot of the ancients or they've taken inspiration from the ancients in some part. Their ship looked like a larger puddle jumper and even had the extendable wing thingies that jumpers have. They could also enter through an ancient force field without much resistance. Their prison walls were just like the shield walls in the Atlantis brig. They also had substantial info about what and where the attero device was....all this leads me to believe that these are evolved ancients of some kind...or atleast a species that the ancients helped create.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Daniel has a history with the aliens, Shanks says so in an interview.
                            Ok, that's cool. But even if he didn't his conclusion was only logical.

Comment

Did Daniel ever say they needed the suits because they couldn't survive our atmosphere, or just that they needed them to survive?
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I think there are some subtle hints about who they are. Daniels questioning of why they need to where the suits and the look on his face, tells us that he has an idea about who or what they really are.

Also, when the subspace beacon was activated, the aliens said "alert the others" kind of arbitrary, but if you look back at sg1 and sga alot of the context about the ascended ancients, were not called ascended ancients, but "the others" even the character played as morgan lefay, referred to "the others would stop her"

Pretty skimpy I know, but perhaps there was a faction of ascended ancients that were forced out like anubis was, but they had managed to keep enough knowledge to do some amazing things. First the arrival out of hyperspace in the atmosphere, the fact that they were able to breach atlantis's shields, but the ship was unlike any ancient ship seen. The incredible technology of their suits, and when the one alien was protecting the others escape, it clearly looked like the shields generated by ancient warships. The technology was not only ancient in origin, but more advanced than ancient tech that we've see so far.

It is possible that it's a random alien race who happens to be so much smarter than the ancients, that they were able to adapt their tech not only the suits, shields, I don't recall any other episode of stargate where a ship dared to reinter normal space in the atmosphere of a planet. But the apparent mastery of ancient tech would make that unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                                X