Discuss the "New" Race!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are my two cents:
    I do not believe that the ship is a smaller asgard type of transport vessel.
    There a two things that the writers obviously wanted to point out:
    Firstly, as some of you have stated before, the ship truely looked like an ancient ship with a design quite similar to a puddle jumper.
    Secondly, why should that women in the control tower mention that "ancient ships can do it" if there's no deeper meaning behind that sentence?

We have a ship that looks like an oversized puddler jumper and that ship can pass ancients shields,just like ancient ships can do. This cannot be a coincidence-the writers wanted to give us a hint about where the technology, at least some parts these asgards are using is from.

And by the way: Did no one else wonder why these asgards are so persistent in whiping out the wraith at all costs?
    Ok, this is speculative but I for one cannot think of another reason but a connection between the ancients in this galaxy, these rogue asgards and the wraith- they must have some sort history in common.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis21 View Post
      I just watched the clip on the Lost Tribe. The asgard are back!
      Do you not understand the spoiler concept? Most people do not want to know anything about an episode so everything that happens is a total surprise.

Comment

i propose for this thread to be delteted. Anyone to second?

sigpic

Comment

No. Change the title or merge it with a similar thread. Deleting seems a bit extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
            Do you not understand the spoiler concept? Most people do not want to know anything about an episode so everything that happens is a total surprise.
            oh no sheppard and zelenka are in the tower and the gate blows up, it is obvious that they both died!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
              No. Change the title or merge it with a similar thread. Deleting seems a bit extreme.
              No i agree delete, Im P****D about this
              sigpic
              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard!!" campaign.

Comment

Hi, just registered to discuss the new race. I am happy and sad from what i hear ppl say it is I didn't really want to know. I realized that when I even touched the forum that I would risk most likely spoiling stuff I didn't want to know. But it was either basically that or just not enter any forum discussing a program I like for fear of spoilers, oh well. I could only humbly ask that the title be renamed to something a bit more obvious then just *spoiler* to "spoilers" or "contains spoilers".

That being said, who ever they are, I really can't get around the fact that with how powerful they are, their personal shield failed defending the other 2 guys from just bullets. And way more then that, BULLETS penetrated it's suit, and killed it. Yet Radics Buzz Saw couldn't do a bit of damage! Shouldn't he have been able to have at least SOME access to the suit via the HOLES punched in it by the bullets? Can someone explain that to me?

Comment

@OP: u idiot
                  Meh.

Comment

Thanks for ruining it for me. I thought I was going to read an opinion about this, not have it ruined for me. Haista vittu, you idiot!

mh777
                    "You heard me! I said KREE!"

www.heliosaga.com

Comment

Everyone, call down. Spoiler threads are fine. Just don't put the spoiler in the title. That's all.

As for the discussion at hand... I'll let ya'll know what I think when "The Lost Tribe" airs on October 10th.

Comment

It is unfortunate that topic-related posts are becoming a minority in this thread... so everone please calm down and get back to normal (whatever this means ).
                        Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Comment

Originally posted by asgard.prior View Post
                          It is unfortunate that topic-related posts are becoming a minority in this thread... so everone please calm down and get back to normal (whatever this means ).
                          Personally, i prefer to chastise those that pretty much ruin a massive part of the upcoming episode, it has lessoned the impact it will have and therefore changes the perception i have of that episode.

Although I have not agreed with the writing and producing of TPTB of late, I enjoyed 'First Contact' and was looking forward to discovering the identity of the new enemy (although I don't believe TPTB shouldhave rushed the identity releasing, but that's a whole other can of worms).

So i'm gonna go on given the morons who start these threads with the
                          Spoiler:
                          Asgards
                          name in the title, thankyou very much.
                          Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            The title The Lost Tribe to me suggests that maybe they left before the experiment that ultimately doomed the Asgard had taken place. Maybe their bodies aren't deteriorating the same way the Ida ones were?
                            I don't think this is the case, since their bodies are identical to the Ida Asgard. Remember, the way they look(ed) now IS the result of deterioration. Before they started deteriorating, they were taller and very similar in appearance to humans, as we saw in whatever episode we first met Heimdall. These Asgard don't look that way, what we are seeing is the product of deterioration.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I feel quite stupid for looking at the gateworld news article now because I haven't been more shocked by something on Stargate, or any other TV show for a LOOONG time!! My jaw almost hit the floor! An absolutely amazing reveal, just wish I had waited to see it properly... That aside, I'm not sure I like the idea of one of my favourite races being bad guys, no matter why they're doing it.
                              //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                              Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Major spoiler below

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...revealed.shtml

Comment

Working...
                                X