Best lines in First Contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earthgate Ricky View Post
    I think that Daniel loved torturing Rodney.
    That was revenge for when Rodney told Daniel to push through the wall & Daniel falls flat down on the floor

Comment

Originally posted by JohnRico View Post
      That was revenge for when Rodney told Daniel to push through the wall & Daniel falls flat down on the floor
      Yup, when Daniel says that Rodney could've just told him to walk through the wall when he said, and Rodney answered, "Yeah, yeah, I could've."
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
        Sorry, don't have the episode in front of me for direct quotes. My favourites:

10. Radek dumbing it down for Sheppard
        9. Rodney to the alien when he says he'll kill Daniel in one hour. "I understand, yes Sir!"
        8. Caldwell's "Robert who?"
        7. Sheppard's "Just resting my eyes"
        6. Daniel trying to his diplomatic speech to the alien
        5. Mr. Talky McSaysalot
        4. Rodney making fun of Sheppard and MENSA and the laugh he and Daniel share about that (and I LOVE Sheppard, but I still thought that was funny)
        3. Sheppard's "No promises" GREAT delivery of that line!
        2. The "Seriously?" Speech

and number one......

1. The radiation comment from Daniel, especially when you add the look and little move away from the device he does. WONDERFUL Meridian reference!!
        I forgot about Meridian with that whole sequence.

Comment

Can somebody explain that Mensa comment to me? I think i´m missing something here.What is Rodney referring to and why are he and Daniel amused about that comment?

Comment

It was said in The Brotherhood that Sheppard took the MENSA test
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Rodney; Great plan, Danny!
              Daniel; Why the suits?

Daniel being completely random... I love it!
              sigpic
              Yeah... I know

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                I forgot about Meridian with that whole sequence.
                I didn't think about it until I read the quote too. Nice line.

Comment

John: What's down there?

Teyla: Rodney!
                  Last edited by fumblesmcstupid; 27 September 2008, 09:30 PM.
                  Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

"What would we do? What would we be?"

Powerful line, perfect delivery.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Antihero-Asgard View Post
                      Can somebody explain that Mensa comment to me? I think i´m missing something here.What is Rodney referring to and why are he and Daniel amused about that comment?
                      MENSA is a society for people with high IQs. People tend to think of it as a club for mega-geeks (whether that's what it is or not). Anyway, in "McKay and Mrs. Miller," AU-Rod mentions that the AU-John in his universe was in MENSA--and pretty stuck up about it, too.

So, Rodney was basically having a jab at John: "Yeah, right. You coulda been in MENSA. Like you could understand this stuff. Ha ha."

And Daniel, whether he thought the joke was funny, or whether he just thought it was funny that Rodney was poking fun at John, got a kick out of it.

Comment

Caldwell: "Major Marks, you have the bridge"

I can't believe no one said that yet! I can't be the only Marks fan in the room.

Comment

(McKay) Wait a minute, you don't get paid more than I do, do you?

By far that is my favourite line! So is the reaction Daniel gives...
                          "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
                          ==============================================================
                          Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
                          Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

Originally posted by Tiletron View Post
                            (McKay) Wait a minute, you don't get paid more than I do, do you?

By far that is my favourite line! So is the reaction Daniel gives...
                            My favorite line also. and why wouldnt Daniel get paid more he has been doing this alot longer then Rodney.

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                              "What would we do? What would we be?"

Powerful line, perfect delivery.
                              Yes, for so many reasons. For the evolution of the Wraith. For what the expedition would like them to become so they don't have to kill them all. For what they would be if enough of them took the treatment. And for what it would mean to the rest of the Pegasus Galaxy.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                              It's not an amazing stand out line only by itself, but when Todd goes "Somehow, you've found the Attero Device!" Just the way he says it creates such gravity in that whole scene. It really gave the feeling that this was a very bad thing that happened, both for him and by a result of that, them.
                              Definitely. At first I saw it as him thinking it was bad for the Wraith(just because of who Todd is and how his species sees things), but now that I think about it a little more, Todd's definitely the kind of guy who sees the larger picture, so he could have meant exactly what you said with that statement. But besides all that, you're spot on. The delivery was absolutely flawless, made even more perfect by him slipping those stun rods from out his sleeves right before he said the line. It was a great way to build up expectations for what happened next, even though we didn't know what would happen.

Todd is kind of the Boy Scout Swiss Army Knife of the Wraith, isn't he?

Originally posted by Antihero-Asgard View Post
                              As others have said, it was referring to when we found out that John had taken the Mensa test, but decided not to join them. However, in contrast to most people on here, I thought Daniel's little smile was a reference to Jack. Especially as how not many people would consider him a candidate for Mensa. Shepperd was Rodney's commander technically, just as Jack was Daniel's technically. So...

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Woosley:Try not to blow her up while I'm gone
                              Sheppard:No promises
                              The way they said it at the time was great, Woolsey being a smartass to Shepperd and John being one right back.

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                              1. The radiation comment from Daniel, especially when you add the look and little move away from the device he does. WONDERFUL Meridian reference!!
                              Oh yes. It was a wonderful little Easter Egg for those of us who've watched SG-1, and just a great commentary on how aware of his past the character is.Dying leads to Ascension leads to coming back after a year leads to saving the life of a veteran Jaffa warrior and leader leads to killing the Replicators on the steps of Dakara leads to neutralizing a half-ascended being. But still, all that had to be accomplished through extremely painful radiation poisoning.
                              It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                              --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

"oh, like the batcave".
                                "yes, like the batcave".

Woolsey: "try not to blow anything up".
                                Sheppard: "no promises".

Comment

Working...
                                X