Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what Briangat78 has to say about this . I still haven't watched this episode but judging from the posts here I'd say I would not be disappointed with this episode. Not that I am with Atlantis and SG-1 I would rate each and everyone episodes very highly. The reason why they cancelled is simple $$$$$$ MGM and Sci Fi want more money all they care about is profits, profits and profits. I am sure the company directors would thinking that in their sleep.

Comment

Now that was cool! I liked seeing Dnaiel back in Atlantis, although it seems he never really has the chance to explore Atlantis, since he always visits the city to search for a specific topic and not just random wandering through the city and exploring its secrest. Also I kind of missed his notebooks, he used to carry around in SG-1. Sure, he knows Ancient language by now, but back in good ol' SG-1 he always took notes or kept searching in books. Anyways good to have him back.
      The new race, well, we'll see what future, or better, "The Lost Tribe" will bring. Definitely very mysterious race. But as much as I loved the Asgard, I'm so hoping they are not really Asgard.
      Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
      Jack: "What?"
      Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
      Jack: "What?"
      Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
      Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
      - - - - -
      Knight Rider S01E11
      KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
      - - - - -
      Eureka S03E12
      Bismarck: This is madness.
      Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

I knew about it at least a week ago. It was in the spoiler for "The lost tribe" that is on this site.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s5/511.shtml

"Dr. Daniel Jackson and Dr. Rodney McKay have been forced to reactivate the Attero device, a machine designed thousands of years ago to annihilate the Wraith. In doing so, they discover the reason the device was ultimately abandoned by its Ancient creator -- while destroying Wraith ships that attempt to travel through hyperspace, the weapon inadvertently causes active Stargates to self-destruct."
        I loathe spoilers with a passion they suck all the surprise and joy out of a product where they work really hard to put those things in. I wish it wasn't so hard to avoid them. Before the next movie I may stay away from this site altogether, because even though I tried very hard, I still ended up seeing a couple of spoilers. They're not going to spoil any of it for me next time!

Comment

It was very decent, but again very little decent character / team interaction. For some reason it's also still very easy to take over an earth battlecruiser, what's up with that? I've never seen a diplomatic meeting where representatives carry weapons.

Regardless, it makes me want to watch part II, which I guess means its a good ep.

Comment

Wow. Dare I say it was better than a DVD movie? First Contact is one of the best Atlantis episode ever. There were amazing special effects, good music, lot of guest stars, a new race and finally a really good storytelling. So it deserves 10/10 point.

And they canceled this show! But if they could make Universe in such quality, than I will be very happy.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              Wow. Dare I say it was better than a DVD movie? First Contact is one of the best Atlantis episode ever. There were amazing special effects, good music, lot of guest stars, a new race and finally a really good storytelling. So it deserves 10/10 point.

And they canceled this show! But if they could make Universe in such quality, than I will be very happy.
              Somehow I doubt it will do as well as SGA and SG-1 IMO.this is for SGU I am talking about.

Comment

Win. Episode. This. Made. Was. Of.

I think that says everything I need to say about this episode. Thank you and have an agonizing two weeks until Lost Tribe airs.

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Holy crap! I literly was stuned!
                  C. Edmund

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                    Quick comment: I loved the names of the wraith in the end credits: Billy Wraith and Kenny Wraith. LOL!
                    lol I never pay attention to the credits but that's hilarious
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Nice to see a lot of fans were stunned as seeing this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
                        One of the best episodes ever. Yes, why is Atlantis being cancelled and why could they not have a plot like this earlier in the series?
                        It was cancelled due to economics, the content of the show has nothing to do with it.

But if we suppose for a moment that the quality of the writing were directly correlated to the longevity of the show, then you answered your own question. A story like this should have started in early season two, rather than have three and a half seasons of useless, directionless fluff until something significant happened that built on established season one elements.

Comment

How come they can't penetrate the alien's suit but can easily take him down with a couple of bullets? Methinks the suit wasn't THAT sturdy after all.
                          Looks like Daniel has packed on the pounds. Bit of a gut happening there.
                          To me it was just a pretty average episode. it may look slightly better than it is because the proceeding 9 episodes were so mediocre.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
                            How come they can't penetrate the alien's suit but can easily take him down with a couple of bullets? Methinks the suit wasn't THAT sturdy after all.
                            It malfunctioned due to the shields overheating or something of the sort... I don't think any bullets actually pierced the suit there...

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                            Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
                              Looks like Daniel has packed on the pounds. Bit of a gut happening there.
                              To me it was just a pretty average episode. it may look slightly better than it is because the proceeding 9 episodes were so mediocre.
                              They fired way more than a "couple" bullets at that guy
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

According to the scifi channel website for Stargate Atlantis, we won't have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode, the next episode apparently airs on the 3rd of October.

Link: http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/episodes/index.php

There is however conflicting ideas, according to tv.com the next ep airs on the 10th of October, according to gateworld.net the next ep airs on the 10th of October, yet the scifi channel clearly states that 'The Lost Tribe' will air on Friday October 3rd at 10/9C (whatever that means, never did understand yankee airtimes)

Comment

Working...
                                X