Ronon + Amelia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mirjam View Post
    I think Banks is a better match for Ronon than Keller.

Still, why the sudden need to pair everyone up?
    I'll agree that Ronon/Amelia is better than Ronon/Keller. But not without balking.

Totally agree with your second statement, though.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsenior View Post
      Can someone please explain to me what Canon, Non-Canon, Ship, Anti-Ship and all this crap means!?
      Canon is, in simple terms, what is official. It's the source material. It's what TPTB hands you down. McKeller, for example, is canon.

Canon should not be confused with Fanon though everybody does it all the time. It's interpretive. What's non-official, or what TPTB claim to be non-official.

Shipping is the desire of audience memebers for two characters to get together. As of late, writers have been doing it too. (Looking at you, Gero.)

The Ship is the two people [collectively] you want to get together.

Anti-Shipping basically means you absolutely do not want a couple to get together.

Comment

Originally posted by the missing 7 View Post
        who's Amelia???
        Amelia Banks

Originally posted by Superted View Post
        who the **** is Banks? Bates manly lookin sister?
        Amelia.jpg

You were saying?

Originally posted by Mirjam View Post
        why the sudden need to pair everyone up?
        To entice a larger audience! Aimed at getting more girls/women interested in watching!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bobsenior
          To entice a larger audience! Aimed at getting more girls/women interested in watching!
          I doubt that. But if it were the reason - it totally doesn't work. Why would women suddenly start watching SGA because of the shipping? (Those are the women who aren't interested in shows like SGA to begin with and are watching shows that are build on shipping. They don't need to watch SGA for that.) And those women who were already watching it (like me) don't necessarily like it (for me, it had the opposite effect: I started to like SGA A LOT LESS because of the shipping). So all in all, imo they piss off the ones who liked the show without the shipping, and they don't get any new people to watch it, either.

Edit: Totally forgot: They piss off every other shippers that do not agree with the canon pairings, as well (like Ronon/Keller shipper for example).

Comment

Originally posted by Alicia View Post
            I doubt that. But if it were the reason - it totally doesn't work.
            It doesn't work for you, not necessarily everyone else! My sister usually hates sci-fi type stuff,
            but in ST Voyager when Tom Paris and B'Elanna Torres got together she started to really get into it!
            It's like Pirates of the Caribbean: how many girls would have watched and enjoyed that if
            'Johnny Depp' and 'Orlando Bloom' hadn't been in them!!??
            sigpic

Comment

I didn't want to generalize it, of course there are exceptions. But I think what I explained in my previous post is true for a majority. It certainly doesn't work for me - but it doesn't work for a lot of other people, too.

And I don't think you can compare that to Pirates of the Caribbean because you are arguing with actors. The analogy would only work if you said "They wouldn't watch SGA if Joe Flanigan weren't in there" (for example) - which has nothing to do with shipping.

Comment

Well it may not appeal to all women but if it entices even 1 because of characters coupling up then it's served its purpose and gained new viewers! You may not particularly like it yourself but it's a pretty good bet they're not going to lose viewers because of it! Did you/would you stop watching singularly because of this? (honestly)
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, I would and I did. So, they gained one, they lost one .

Comment

Hmmm, yea k I believe you! You watched 5 and a half seasons and then when McKay and Keller got together you stopped!!?? So you don't know that in the last episode that was aired Atlantis was destroyed?
                    sigpic

Comment

What? Atlantis was destroyed?!? lol. Nope, you got me there. I had to watch the last one, because, well, it was the very last episode and there was the tiniest chance that they would kill Keller off and make it all better without any shipping at all (so, no surprise that I hated the very end very much). But I stopped watching a few episodes before that and I am not planning on watching these episodes, ever.

So all in all: yeah, I enjoyed five and a half seasons of SGA very much - but then the shipping came along which made it impossible for me to enjoy it any longer, so I stopped watching. Because I don't have to watch what I don't like, right? *g*

Comment

Hmmm, well whether that's true or not, you know yourself, so if you're lying it can eat away at you because you know I'm right! lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Two I skipped most of the latter half of S5, and I won't waste my money on the DVDs. MGM/Skiffy/TPTB can rest easy at night knowing they won't get my cash because of ship. No other reason.
                          sigpic

Comment

And kinda three... although I watched most of the eps in the last part of Season 5 (not all as I was warned about certain scenes) I certainly enjoyed SGA ALOT less when the graphic shipping started. If I could buy a "shipless" copy of the DVDs I would!
                            sigpic

Comment

Make that 4 SGA fans lost to bad shipping. From Tracker until the last episode, I didn't watch any new episode until after I read the transcript first.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana

Comment

Aimed at getting more girls/women interested in watching!
                                WTF!? I find that to be quite the stereostypical generalization.

It's like Pirates of the Caribbean: how many girls would have watched and enjoyed that if 'Johnny Depp' and 'Orlando Bloom' hadn't been in them!!??
                                For the record, neither of those guys do anything for me and I still enjoyed the POTC movies.

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                                Make that 4 SGA fans lost to bad shipping. From Tracker until the last episode, I didn't watch any new episode until after I read the transcript first.
                                Five. Though there's other reasons I dropped the show too.

Comment

Working...
                                X