San Francisco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toby1kanobi View Post
    this is driving me bonkers. what is it with sci-fi and san-fran?.

spoilers for Atlantis EATG
    Spoiler:
    atlantis touches down there,
    starfleet is based there, sliders is set there (to start), x3 has its finali there, and many more, there are absoluly loads of sci fi where san-fran is a key location.

so firstly can we name all the sci-fi that features san-fran
    and second dus anybody know a reason for SF being set there a lot of the time
    Why is this such a big deal? It was filmed in Canada, not America!!
    Maybe they picked it at random, maybe they picked it because copyright laws on San-Fransisco are cheaper, who knows, and who really cares!!??
    They use New York for loads of stuff as well, like: Friends, Cloverfield, Spiderman, MIB, Godzilla, I Am Legend, etc. Maybe they thought New York was to boring. (as in used to much)
    It was just meant to be a picturesque scene to look out on!

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
    Does SG1 give indications on where it originally came from? In mythology, I recall it being The Atlantic Ocean, but I don't remember if SG1 used that.
    In season 1, episode 1 'Rising' right at the start, you see Atlantis rising up away from the Ancient Platform in Antarctica, so that's where it was on Earth originally.
    sigpic

Comment

Thank you for that info. I hadn't been paying attention, but I know the non-Stargate, historical beliefs are somewhere in the mid-atlantic, probably right smack dab in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle. I'll have to go back and rewatch those eps.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X