No announcement yet.

Drones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The drones have been getting less and less powerful since they were first seen in SG1.

If the Atlantis crew simply hid behinde the drones everytime they encountered trouble, there'd be no peril factor.

So the drones are as powerful as the writters need them to be in the context of the espisode.

Although that fact does create havco on discussion boards here.
    I got nothing!

Comment

Remember who was controlling the chair when the drones were doing this. An anciented Oniell. He likely became a master and controlling them

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
        Remember who was controlling the chair when the drones were doing this. An anciented Oniell. He likely became a master and controlling them
        I'm sticking to my guns even though it is entirely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

One does not need to be a master of controlling drones to get them to burrow/tunnel through obstructions. Beckett was controlling the drone that was shot, in "Rising", at the helicopter. It has been shown that Carson is no master at controlling Ancient technology.

Of course the next argument will be that this is not the original Carson, he is in fact a clone. Then of course, the explanation of his drastic jump in ability to control Ancient technology was that Michael, P.O.S. that he was/is, amped up the ancient gene.

Or it could be that since they were in such close proximity to Earth there were so many happy thoughts that it helped to elevate Carson's innate abilities.

There is also the possibility that there were magnets somewhere. Powerful magnets, not the normal ones that stick to the refrigerator, but ones that you use to pick of nails.

Last but not least is that the Asgard happened to ascend and they transfered their combined Ascended Power (meant to be said with really deep voice and maybe an echo) to make it so that he could control stuff easier.

That's about everything I can think of for now. I'm sure there are more creative ideas out there, lets hear 'em.

Comment

Working...
        X