• Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's not a plot hole.
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      With what timer? The Wraith would of either jensoned it or send it back to them through the gate. It had to be done in stealth.
      Just like they did to the commando team? Oh wait?

Throw the stun bombs to take out the gate team of wraith. Then throw through the bomb. Or an overloaded naq reactor on a FRED. They won't notice it time, Just like it took them ages to find the commando team. KABOOM.

Or fire the drones. The armour defeated them from outside, it wouldn't from drones fired internally. It'd do a hell of a lot more damage than the commando team did. They achieved nothing.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Well, how would those drones have gotten through atlantis TOO where the gate is to go through it?

Both me and my mother said the same thing. Or why only a 4 man team went through.
        It was bigger than a 4 man team. and they explained that a full assault would never have worked, so they sent a limited team through on the thought that they stood a better chance of damaging some critical systems by stealth than simply plowing man after man through the gate.

Comment

With what timer? The Wraith would of either jensoned it or send it back to them through the gate. It had to be done in stealth.
          a timer with 5 sec and they could have kept the stargate opened so the wraith wouldn't we able to dial out whilst raising the shield on our gate in atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
            a timer with 5 sec and they could have kept the stargate opened so the wraith wouldn't we able to dial out whilst raising the shield on our gate in atlantis
            Jusy came to me..

They could not make contact with Earth, so what if the Hive was in the Earth atmosphere, then the blast would of rained down debre and radiation on Earth killing millions! They had to do intel before just throwing a bomb into the Stargate. That would of been careless.

Yes!! I solved this plothole!!
            sigpic

Comment

Jusy came to me..

They could not make contact with Earth, so what if the Hive was in the Earth atmosphere, then the blast would of rained down debre and radiation on Earth killing millions! They had to do intel before just throwing a bomb into the Stargate. That would of been careless.

Good Point!
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Except using loud noisy p90s is not very stealthy now are they now. Plus personally would of thought hive would of detected the gate open and sent all available solders up to it, we saw a pathetic five wraith guarding the gate.

How I see it as soon as they sent grenades in their was no hope of a stealthy mission.
                Last edited by knowles2; 10 January 2009, 03:08 PM.

Comment

I thought of that too. How come they just couldn't have a puddle jumper fly down from the bay and fire a bunch of drones? But I think I have a relatively good answer for this. Joe Mallozzi has stated on his blog that the reason jumpers never cloak before they go through the gate is because the phyisics of the cloak won't allow it. Maybe it has a similar answer for the drones. The drones are being transported a hundred light years probably so it might burn out all of the "fuel" in them to go through such a reintegration.

Comment

Jusy came to me..

sorry, but:

better kill millions, then lose the entire planet (somehing of a lesser evil thing, no? ^^)

and jet even better: Hives don't enter atmospheres if not on stronghold worlds (would make them very vulnerable - like with anubis mothership and the Ha'taks, witch were not strong enough to take it in a normal position!), they have darts and transporters to do the "dirty" work (while having the strategic position to play "Space-Artillery"), so problem solved a nuke (or the overloaded Naquadah-Reactor) would have been a viable option

greetings LAX

Comment

Working...
                    X