Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BEST. EPISODE. EVER! But it was too short, really deserved to be a two parter.

Comment

Originally posted by Rine View Post
      It was a good episode and I, too, wish they just floated on in to San Fran Bay, without the cloak. Haha, imagine the panic.

Though, I hope they get Atlantis back into the Pegasus Galaxy...just seems right.
      They will have to; that's where the rest of the Wraith are, after all...

Comment

That was it?

Comment

How convient Atlantis shows up just when Shep is about to blow himself up. I have to forgive just because it was so cool to watch the space battle
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

For the most part I really enjoyed this episode. It was going at a nice pace, the action was intense, literally had me on the edge of my seat at parts. The CGI scenes were fantastic! A couple times I was like..that is so cool! (I'm such a geek!) That being said, I think this would have been great as a 2 part episode, only because I felt the end was rushed. It just seemed like...
            Spoiler:
            they rushed to complete everything, it all fell perfectly in place. And the Ronon, Amelia scene was like...huh??? I mean I felt the chemistry, but there was no build-up to it, so I don't even know why it was in threr.

All in all, I am truly going to miss this show. I hope the movies are successful. Friday nights are never gonna be the same, now that both Sg-1 AND Atlantis are not gonna be on.

I give this ep an 8 out of 10.

Comment

I personally don't see why they'd want to take Atlantis back to Pegasus, they can still operate a base out there if a they like, but with the city on earth, now it'd be more accessible to all scientists etc.

I liked the tribute to Don Davis and the renaming of Sam's new ship to the General Hammond. This was a really brilliant season finale, true to fashion it wrapped up real fast as most SG epidodes do, but at least it was a happy ending.

Question, hasn't Major Davis not gotton a promotion since Seaon 1 SG-1 or what ever season he was introduced in? He can't suck that much if he gets so much air time so why no promotion? heh.

Comment

One thing I've wondered about the cloak and never got around to asking before. Why wouldn't it leave a very visible Atlantis-shaped dent in the water?

And a question about the episode. Why wouldn't they have had O'Niell on the Earth chair? I understand from a wanting to get Shep to Earth perspective, but not a storyline one.

Bit disappointed that Keller only got 2 scenes in the episode, but I'm not sure what could have been taken out to give her more to do.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                    One thing I've wondered about the cloak and never got around to asking before. Why wouldn't it leave a very visible Atlantis-shaped dent in the water?

And a question about the episode. Why wouldn't they have had O'Niell on the Earth chair? I understand from a wanting to get Shep to Earth perspective, but not a storyline one.

Bit disappointed that Keller only got 2 scenes in the episode, but I'm not sure what could have been taken out to give her more to do.
                    Keller's already had the whole friggin season to herself! (I know, I exaggerate)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                    MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

I LOVED this episode... but it didn't feel like a series finale episode. The whole episode was exciting and some questions were answered and I got to see Todd act cool.

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                      Mixed feelings, mainly because I just don't like how Sheppard treats Todd. Of course, maybe Todd likes it...who knows. He does respect strength afterall.

das
                      Todd was SO flirting with Sheppard... especially the scene where Sheppard is asking him for the ZPMs.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post

That was it?
                        Unfortunately so. Instead of beefing up this episode they were getting wasted in Las Vegas during the shooting of Vegas and living out their fanboy CSI episode.

Comment

I think Season 6 would have been cool with Atlantis on Earth (which was apparently the original plan for SGA before SG-1 ended up getting a few more seasons). The only possible problem with be the absence of SG-1 team (I guess for the finale, they are on that secret Odyssey mission?).
                          I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

FYI, our transcript of the episode is up here.

I thought this one was big on action and suspense and perhaps a bit light on character stuff. That said, I enjoyed the ride. Everyone did a great job performance-wise, the effects were great, the music, and the plot was tight.

But I could not buy that a Colonel at the SGC appeared to be the leader of the entire planet's response to this threat, the greatest Earth has ever seen. There would be so many generals in the room, Carter would be at most an advisor. No offense to her; the operations center was just not realistically grand enough in scale imo. Earth had weeks of warning to get ready, after all. There would be an international command team there.

By the same token, no way would people not notice darts and a nuclear explosion in low Earth orbit and go crazy over it! So to me the episode tried to be bigger than it could be in 43 minutes.

I still really liked it very much, and loved the near-sacrifice of the John and then the team. Poor Rodney -- only 5 minutes! Ronon's death and everyone's reaction was also very much worth it to me. It was very dramatic.

Comment

They filmed Vegas after this episode.
                              Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetsong View Post
                                Question, hasn't Major Davis not gotton a promotion since Seaon 1 SG-1 or what ever season he was introduced in? He can't suck that much if he gets so much air time so why no promotion? heh.
                                I think Major Davis is more of a pencil pusher. It's that much harder for those guys to get promotion in the military.
                                I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Working...
                                X