This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
    I also think it was cool, but didn't he shoot off a few more bullets than those pistols can hold? Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

Now Rodney owning a few Wraith with a P90 down the hallway...That was cool...
    Rodney had some moves too! Not just a pet peeve of yours, btw. I was counting the shots.

Shep 'Home' sig made by Luciana! (I made the rest.)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I really enjoyed this ep. I like the layers here - Ronon's story, Teyla's story, background on the Gift of Life, Woolsey's integration into Atlantis. A lot going on in this one.

Good Stuff:
      * Jason Momoa/Ronon - a tour de force episode for him - defiant, angry, betrayed, hurt, brainwashed, sick, spiteful, broken. Rarely does any show make me tear up but he did twice in the same ep: when he understands that Tyre is selling him for a "reward" and when he breaks down after Sheppard gives him the sword at the end. Magnificent.

* Woolsey - oh my, I don't think I could love him more. He was so great - getting trapped in the conference room after prompting Sheppard to ask permission by clearing his throat, his fabulously supportive conversation with Teyla (and backstory! ex-wife, Yorkie), his argument with Sheppard then trying to deal with Teyla's son (and not knowing how to find the cafeteria), his quiet encouragement for them to find Ronon as the team leaves, his idea of relaxing being a suit and tie.

* Teyla facing normal people issues - to be a working mom or not. I LOVE that TPTB haven't just swept it under the rug, didn't kill off the kid (which I was completely convinced would happen) or Kanaan. While I don't expect to see them every ep, I adore the fact that she has family to deal with when she gets home - like everyone else.

* Mark/Tyre - he was awesome too. I knew he was a goner when Sheppard showed him how to operate the detonator, but he redeemed himself nicely.

* Rodney - worried for Ronon, woobie-faced when Teyla suggested she might not return, up all night trying to come up with an answer, snarky without being annoying, upset watching Ronon come down then sitting with him while he was unconscious.

* Sheppard - reluctantly asking for permission, arguing with Woolsey, so determined to save Ronon, horrified while watching Ronon detox, understanding what Ronon's going through, allowing Tyre to sacrifice himself (he so knew Tyre wasn't leaving that lab).

* the ending montage - Woolsey's quarters, Teyla and Kanaan with their son (and upgraded digs!), Rodney's epiphany in the bathtub (hee!), Sheppard giving the sword to Ronon and his reaction - all to the fabulous music. No words. Fantastic.

While I never believed Ronon's life was in danger, I don't think I was meant to. This was about doing what you swore you'd never do. Tyre selling out a friend for a fix. Ronon turning in a Wraith worshipper which no one (including me) ever thought would happen. Watching a friend suffer so he can get better. Choosing to risk your life in order to save others even to the possible detriment of your family (I would have loved to have heard Teyla's thoughts while she was trapped in that Wraith cell). This is an ep that will have to soak in a bit, that is more than just action.
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana
      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
        I really enjoyed this ep. I like the layers here - Ronon's story, Teyla's story, background on the Gift of Life, Woolsey's integration into Atlantis. A lot going on in this one.
        I loved all that stuff. Especially all the little stuff tied into Ronon's backstory, like the first Satedan (don't know his name) that Teyla and Ronon ran into in 'Trinity'
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

There was an SG1 episode long ago where Teal'c was captured by the Gouald and had to be rescued/unbrainwashed. This episode was just another retread, and not as good as its SG1 original either.

Ronon's wig is comical, in a bad way.

Keller still can't say her lines with any conviction.

Liked Woolsey, and the Teyla/Woolsey, and Teyla/Kanaan scenes.

Rest was forgetable.

Comment

Very strong episode IMO. Woolsey just continues to get better and better. He may have been a very good move on the part of TPTB. Teyla's story was good, as was Ronon's. In fact, I'm watching it again right now.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

* Teyla facing normal people issues - to be a working mom or not. I LOVE that TPTB haven't just swept it under the rug, didn't kill off the kid (which I was completely convinced would happen) or Kanaan. While I don't expect to see them every ep, I adore the fact that she has family to deal with when she gets home - like everyone else.
              YAY Teyla finally got her happy family. I kind of love this. I was afraid they were going to kill Kanaan, the baby or both. Or probably never mention them again.
              sigpic
              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjanus View Post
                Remember some of the butt ugly muskrat pelts they put on RL in the beginning? Wigs can be fixed and made to look beter...
                I hope they find a way to fix ronon's or they let him go with the shorter hair.

Good Stuff:
                * Jason Momoa/Ronon - a tour de force episode for him - defiant, angry, betrayed, hurt, brainwashed, sick, spiteful, broken. Rarely does any show make me tear up but he did twice in the same ep: when he understands that Tyre is selling him for a "reward" and when he breaks down after Sheppard gives him the sword at the end. Magnificent.

* Woolsey - oh my, I don't think I could love him more. He was so great - getting trapped in the conference room after prompting Sheppard to ask permission by clearing his throat, his fabulously supportive conversation with Teyla (and backstory! ex-wife, Yorkie), his argument with Sheppard then trying to deal with Teyla's son (and not knowing how to find the cafeteria), his quiet encouragement for them to find Ronon as the team leaves, his idea of relaxing being a suit and tie.

* Mark/Tyre - he was awesome too. I knew he was a goner when Sheppard showed him how to operate the detonator, but he redeemed himself nicely.

* Rodney - worried for Ronon, woobie-faced when Teyla suggested she might not return, up all night trying to come up with an answer, snarky without being annoying, upset watching Ronon come down then sitting with him while he was unconscious.

* Sheppard - reluctantly asking for permission, arguing with Woolsey, so determined to save Ronon, horrified while watching Ronon detox, understanding what Ronon's going through, allowing Tyre to sacrifice himself (he so knew Tyre wasn't leaving that lab).

* the ending montage - Woolsey's quarters, Teyla and Kanaan with their son (and upgraded digs!), Rodney's epiphany in the bathtub (hee!), Sheppard giving the sword to Ronon and his reaction - all to the fabulous music. No words. Fantastic.

While I never believed Ronon's life was in danger, I don't think I was meant to. This was about doing what you swore you'd never do. Tyre selling out a friend for a fix. Ronon turning in a Wraith worshipper which no one (including me) ever thought would happen. Watching a friend suffer so he can get better. Choosing to risk your life in order to save others even to the possible detriment of your family (I would have loved to have heard Teyla's thoughts while she was trapped in that Wraith cell). This is an ep that will have to soak in a bit, that is more than just action.
                I agree with most of your points. well written and very concise. I agree this is an ep that will stand rewatching and rethinking.
                I could have done without the image of mckay in a tub *wonders if she is scarred for life*

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                  I could have done without the image of mckay in a tub *wonders if she is scarred for life*
                  Be thankful for the bubbles

Shep 'Home' sig made by Luciana! (I made the rest.)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                    I loved all that stuff. Especially all the little stuff tied into Ronon's backstory, like the first Satedan (don't know his name) that Teyla and Ronon ran into in 'Trinity'
                    Solen maybe? I love when they tie back in to what we've seen before (oh, I think we call that continuity!). I was kinda hoping he would mention Ronon killing Kell. I've wondered for 3 years if Sheppard ever found out.

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                    Then never, EVER watch A Dog's Breakfast. I haven't actually seen it but I caught a clip on the ADB website (at work!!!). My eyes!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana
                    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents
                      What must go up must also go down. Not as good the previous episodes but defiantly my favorite early Ronon episode. It really showed the wide range Jason Momoa's acting abilities. Not to mention it gave us the viewers an insight into the Wraith

This has to be one of the shortest teaser scenes I have ever seen in Stargate. All it really did was show that Kanan was living on Atlantis with Teyla and then Ronon is captured by the Tyre. Don't get me wrong. It achieved what it needed but I felt their could have been more dialogue in the scene

The briefing room scene was kind of funny. The way Woolsey was kind of nudging the fact that he wasn't entirely supportive of looking into Ronon's old friends and the certain amount of hostility he had when asking if Teyla she was going to rejoin the team. If it was Weir or Carter, they would have given Teyla as much time as she needed but the bureaucrat needs to know as soon as possible. I say he got what he deserved when the Atlantis doors closed in his face.

Even though the scene at the bar between Col. Sheppard's team and the Satedian wasn't really necessary, it did get me a little background into Pegasus Galaxy culture. I know it’s a little obvious but that scene basically tells us that Wraith worshippers are considered traitors but the normal inhabitants of the Pegasus Galaxy and that everyone despises Tyre.

It’s been so long since I've seen Voyager; I have forgotten just how talented an actor Robert Picardo is. The scene between Woolsey and Teyla was very moving I think he can understand what Teyla is going through. Granted he has no kids but to a lot people pets are like their children. The sadness Woolsey showed me about losing his dog really shows that he understands what it is like to choose for a loved one. Emotion like that is rare for Woolsey. I haven't seen something like that Inauguration.

One negative thing about this episode is that the early scenes between Tyre and Ronon seemed to drag on two long. I felt like it could have been a lot shorter. Did we really need to show all that dialogue of how Ronon was going to resist and how he was never going to give. The only good thing that came out of the time Ronon was captured to the time the Wraith (he had a horrible wig) was that we learned the negative side effects of the "gift of life." I wonder if it is the same thing as the enzyme that Ford got drugged up on in S2. The only difference is that one is voluntarily while the other is forced. Look a Wraith double crossed Tyre. Who saw that one coming?

That withdrawal period is pretty violent. That looks a lot worse than the withdrawal that McKay went through in The Hive. Not using sedatives was something I was not expecting. Granted Keller is right about it slowing down the recovery but I almost wonder if it is a violation of her Hippocratic Oath. Is she doing harm? Not very surprising that Tyre knew where Ronon was being held. I on the other hand was shocked that Sheppard took Tyre with him.

I think I enjoyed the B storyline better. Teyla struggling with her decision to stay with Torren or join the team I liked how she showed anger when Sheppard went offworld without her. The little conflict between him and Teyla about making a choice reminded of the Gift. The scene where Teyla gives Torren to Woolsey made milk come out of my nose. However, I felt that the Teyla/Kanaan scene was shoved down my throat. I am in no way a shipper but it seemed too forced. Even though it was Ronon episode, it was still a good character episode for Teyla

Ronon can play a good villain. He walks right up to Sheppard and punches him to nose. I have to say it’s pretty predictable that Tyre was going to turn on the Atlantis expedition. I was shocked when he cut off Bad Wig Wraith hand. The first thought that came to my mind that it was Ronon who did this. Of course story wise it makes sense that Ronon would still be drugged. The sword fight just didn't seem right to me. The combination of the lighting and speed made the fight hard to watch. I understand why Tyre blew up the facilities with the No-Faces watching him but it was a little predictable for my taste. Not to mention the CGI of the place exploding was terrible.

It’s strange. It seems like Ronon has a worst withdrawal period then Tyre. Shouldn't it been easier for Ronon given that he was on it a lot less than Tyre. Even Woolsey’s quarters are like an office. Did anyone notice his bookshelf? I didn't know he was a classical music fan. I wonder if it’s a subtle remark to the Voyager doctor who liked opera. The scene of everyone relaxing was fine until they showed McKay in a bathtub. I might have to poke my eyes out.

For those of you keeping track, Tyre saved the day in this episode.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by diane23 View Post
                        Be thankful for the bubbles
                        Solen maybe? I love when they tie back in to what we've seen before (oh, I think we call that continuity!). I was kinda hoping he would mention Ronon killing Kell. I've wondered for 3 years if Sheppard ever found out.

Then never, EVER watch A Dog's Breakfast. I haven't actually seen it but I caught a clip on the ADB website (at work!!!). My eyes!
                        I am grateful for the bubbles and I saw a clip.... it scared me bad! TOOK WEEKS OF LOOKING AT PHOTOS OF HOT MEN TO CURE ME!

Comment

Pssst!...paragraphs. Joking...sort of...
                          Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

I have one little question. In season two doesn't Ronin say the Wraith couldn't feed on him?

Comment

I love the pictures of Jennifer and Ronon...so sweet! I hope they get together.
                              Newbiegater

Save Stargate Sg-1!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16, NIV

Comment

Originally posted by cobymal View Post
                                I have one little question. In season two doesn't Ronin say the Wraith couldn't feed on him?
                                I asked that question earlier. Just go up a page or two and read what people said!

Comment

Working...
                                X