This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
    While i'll agree that this is a stereotype, men like younger women, women like mature men,for the same reasons that you suggest, i'll point out to you that this only counts when we talk about "marriage'.
    So ..women of ..some age hate it, and men under a certain age, hate it to.
    Imagine meeting the love of your life in your 25. Imagine the lady lives with stereotypes and won't spare a look at you, because you're too young to be taken serius. Imagine spending your youth beeing nothing else than "one night stunt".
    Anyway, those stereotypes could mean something 50 or 100 years ago. Not any more. And ...."chics" what are we then? "roosters"? No thnk u!!!!
    Marriage isnt necessarily the end goal, reproduction mostly. If I get nocked up by a rich guy i can take his money (in the US anyways)

And older women are called COUGARS

Comment

Wow, this review took long to get to...

'Save the Planet' environmental episode.
      "It's dead." "Gimme that! ...It's dead."

The Good:
      >Shep: Think he's ever gonna make a move?
      Ronon: Who cares?
      Jilted! She'd rather go to cocktail parties and science talks than hunt for her dinner or try to force open airlocks. Smart woman.
      >Bill Nye, the Science Guy! I loved that show as a kid. Nice suspenders, Bill. A 'version' of our saviour Hawking, a few other... science people. Fun guest list for an episode dedicated to saving the world.
      >"I love you. I've loved you for some time now. Just wanted you to know." Exactly the words the slightly dumb Rodney said to her in 'The Shrine'. God, that's touching.
      >It was nice for Keller to kiss Rodney and stop him from making a fool of himself after all he could get out was "I..." following her "I love you." She wasn't dying and she obviously knows he can't express true emotion unless the death of the other person is imminent [Shep in 'The Prodigal', Daniel in 'Lost Tribe'].
      >An interesting attempt to portray a billionaire whose motives aren't totally capitalist/evil. Of course, it all boils down to the same stupidity that we saw here, the classic Jaws 'don't close the beaches until it's too late' logic.
      >Keller being the 'Carter' to the physicists' 'Asgard', getting the Earth's best and brightest [where best and brightest = your ability to use sigma and theta signs correctly on a white board multiple times] to think in a different way than they naturally do: like children.
      >Rodney: [raises hand, like a child asking a question]
      Keller: [like a school teacher] Yes, Rodney?
      >Plasma windows/shields. But they'd also have to shield the Earth as well to prevent head absorption from the ground, so shields in the floor? Plasma windows/shields. Interesting... not in the least bit real world, but these people also immediately and without question bought someone creating a bridge to another space/time. Why not believe they also mastered plasma shields.
      >Rodney going all "Heeeeeeeeere's Johnny!" with the axe on the door to get to Keller.
      >"It's freeze lightning! Go, freeze lightning, you're burnig up the quarter mile! Freeze lightning! Go, freeze lightning!"
      >It was cute to see Keller come around to Rodney's scathing commentary, then be completely ignored by him when he actually became interested.
      >Rodney's interaction with his peers was hilarious. Poor guy.
      >Dave Foley was great. Not so great teeth, but hilarious.
      >Wasn't the security guard a Hobbit?
      >"My contract with the SGC's up this year." LOL! A tongue-in-cheek comment about the demise of SGA. Seriously, Rodney would never give up being around Ancient technology to work at the level his former 'guys he went to school with' work at. Sure, if all his friends died, but...
      >"The stakes couldn't be higher. the situation any more dire." The minute I heard 'higher', I knew Tunney would rhyme it with 'dire'!
      >Sex in the back of a private jet. I shudder to think what they'll be doing for 3 weeks on the Daedalus in hyperspace. First, the mile high club. Next, the intergalactic club.
      >When Tuneny makes his final change to the program at about 03.18, isn't that sound effect the Star Trek communicator sfx?
      >Wasn't that Tyson guy mentioned during... 'Trio'?
      >Walter! Always a pleasure to see you again... but as the comic relief, sadly.
      >Rodney stopping to get the axe. Hilarious.
      >Short evening dress and boots. Sexy. Was that some kind of Celtic love knot as a pendant? She's really showing she's in love, ain't she?
      >Not only goes SGA support saving the planet, they also support a China-free Tibet.

The Bad:

>The SGC doesn't have a ZPM? Mmm.
      >The old Rodney would have *****ed and moaned and carried on at the prospect of someone opening a space/time bridge that he knows could destroy the planet and HIM! The new Rodney's all bark and no bite. The old Rodney would have probably started arguing the details of the bridge, proving why it would destroy them all... or just ran out.
      >And why on Earth would Keller try to calm him? Doesn't she read past mission reports, familiarize herself with the biggest happenings on Atlantis, like an encounter with an alt. universe that almost destroyed the place. On a mission like this, staying oblivious to others' departments is suicide.
      >Earth deserves to be destroyed if people are stupid enough to allow plans for Replicators and space/time bridges to find their way into the hands of the consistently stupid and/or evil private sector, AND if our brightest Physics minds really act like this.
      >And Teyla was...? Breast feeding? Offworld? Near a black hole's time dilation field?
      >Walter! The General's office # has to be one of the most secret #s on the planet. Anyone who could get through direct had to be important and the call probably is important. Did no one think to trace the call? Doesn't the SGC pay for caller ID?
      >Keller should have texted.
      >Keller's able to handle a genius who has a huge ego and has no intentions of changing while she's turned off by a thug who has no desire to use his brain and has no intentions of changing. You'd think she'd be turned off equally by both. Silly writers. She should have ended up with Chuck or, at the least, Amelia.
      >"I love you. I've loved you for some time now. Just wanted you to know." Exactly the words the slightly dumb Rodney said to her in 'The Shrine'. God, that's disturbing. He might have been able to 'love' you in a mentally damaged state, but does that translate to a fully facultied Rodney?
      >So humans can build space/time bridges now, on our own, with just money from the private sector? Then again, why am I susprised? We built Replicators. *groan*
      >Quite sad Gero missed the obvious 'Tunney Tunnel' joke.
      >Was this part of a Sci-Fi week of environmental events? Hence the green logo? Interesting concept, but I remember a UPN-enforced AIDS awareness focus a few years ago that birthed several forgettable episodes, including one on Vulcan mind meld transmitted disease on Enterprise.
      >Nye: Containment field failure in 5, 4, 3...
      Geez. Nye was Mr. Cliche Exposition this episode.
      >So... What kind of sabotage was Rodney really supposed to have done in the 5 seconds he had access to the computer before guards showed up?
      Delete 'Shut Down Heat Sink'. Y or N? Y. 'Shut Down Heat Sink' deleted.
      >Why didn't the pipe either get blocked with a mass of frozen and expanded water inside that small wound, or explode from a mass of water freezing and expanding, creating a much bigger hole in the pipe than we saw. The pipe got his full on.
      >I thought the final shot would zoom past their heads to the picture of Tunney behind them.
      >"No one person's gonna solve global warming. We all have to do our part." Lord, that was heavy-handed.
      >How exactly did a man whose 'entire left side has been flash frozen' survive? His heart's frozen.
      >The CGI was horrible. Sci-Fi original tornado movie horrible. Even the first shot of the building at night was obviously and horribly CGI. And the cliche shot of the car being thrown 'into' the camera? Sigh. The space scenes are so good usually and the Ancient base from 'First Contact/Lost Tribe' was nice, but the minute a semi-human building is needed, it's crappy.

The Verdict:
      "They can't POSSIBLY be dating."
      *SLAP!*
      "Man up!"

It would be interesting to get them together now and break them up in the series finale in 4 episodes... like happened with Chakotay and 7/9 on Voyager.
      Entertaining episode. Two episodes set in the American desert, including 'Vegas'. Hmm. So much for ATLANTIS.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
        Frankly listening to Teyla read the collected works of Athosian wisdom would have been more interesting than this drivel.
        Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
        Couldn't be any worse. And the reactions on this forum would be mighty entertaining...
        Forum: Thank you, Teyla. We always knew the Athosians were a wise and honourable people. Are there any appendices you could read?
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
          And older women are called COUGARS
          And they're quite enough movies about them as is.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            This episode made me think of Bounty as it was pretty much the equivalent of Rodney going to his high school reunion. Didn't like either episode.

I've always been a wee bit of a Jack/Sam shipper. We get 10 years with no conclusion but McKay and Keller fall in love in what seems like 10 seconds?

Sad that the final seasons of Stargate and Atlantis waste their time with episodes like this, Family Ties, Bad Guys, etc.
            Its funny you should say that - the character aspects of "Bounty" were actually what I liked about that episode, as we got to see Mitchell's back story, his family, and how Vala is adapting to living on Earth, while keeping the team spirit alive with the elements for Carter, Jackson and Teal'c. Didn't see any of that from what I read with this one though.
            Where was Teyla? and I don't remember reading Woolsey in the Transcript either!
            Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
            Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Ahhhh, I think it was a sweet episode. I'd say it was a 6 of 10, which is pretty low for me, but there was a sense of peril, Dave Foley(!), McKay trying to be nice, Keller being cute, and some freeze lightning.

A good 43 minutes of my life.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
              O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

I have to say that when Rodney Axes his way through the door, it was a perfect opportunity for him to yell "HERE'S RODNEY!!!"

Awesome episode I liked the Mckay/Kellar aspect.
                "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

had a grin on my face at the end. cant help but feel happy for mckay, gets dogged that much. legend

Comment

This episode is ok - better then a crappy flashback episode. But the point of ATLANTIS is the pegasus galaxy and it seems Season 5 has moved off that topic totally in its last episodes. This story should have been shot in Atlantis or on a Planet in the Pegasus Galaxy with the other Stargate actors. I get the feeling Season 5 is going to be equivalent to a bad movie SEQUEL, really does a huge injustice to the whole ATLANTIS reality.
                    (But I do love the RODNEY CHARACTER)

Comment

As I was watching this it was a bit hard to enjoy at first mainly because I knew that this ep would cause a **it storm here. However for me this was a very good episode. Mckay and Keller really work well together and they look like a great couple. I really like their pairing. It was great shedding light on Mckay's past and Bill Nye was a pleasant surprise. I wasn't sure about him being in the ep but he was great. Keller really has a positive influence on Rodney. I really hope they last as they really are a great couple IMO. Loved seeing how arrogant and ignorant the science community is. Very clever and well done episode IMO.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        Wow, this review took long to get to...

'Save the Planet' environmental episode.
                        "It's dead." "Gimme that! ...It's dead."

The Good:
                        >Shep: Think he's ever gonna make a move?
                        Ronon: Who cares?
                        Jilted! She'd rather go to cocktail parties and science talks than hunt for her dinner or try to force open airlocks. Smart woman.
                        I loved that too. Poor Ronon I feel for him.
                        [QUOTE[>Bill Nye, the Science Guy! I loved that show as a kid. Nice suspenders, Bill. A 'version' of our saviour Hawking, a few other... science people. Fun guest list for an episode dedicated to saving the world.
                        >"I love you. I've loved you for some time now. Just wanted you to know." Exactly the words the slightly dumb Rodney said to her in 'The Shrine'. God, that's touching.[/QUOTE]
                        I agree with that. That was a very touching line.
                        >It was nice for Keller to kiss Rodney and stop him from making a fool of himself after all he could get out was "I..." following her "I love you." She wasn't dying and she obviously knows he can't express true emotion unless the death of the other person is imminent [Shep in 'The Prodigal', Daniel in 'Lost Tribe'].
                        Yeah he does have trouble expressing himself.
                        >An interesting attempt to portray a billionaire whose motives aren't totally capitalist/evil. Of course, it all boils down to the same stupidity that we saw here, the classic Jaws 'don't close the beaches until it's too late' logic.
                        Typical stupidity.
                        >Keller being the 'Carter' to the physicists' 'Asgard', getting the Earth's best and brightest [where best and brightest = your ability to use sigma and theta signs correctly on a white board multiple times] to think in a different way than they naturally do: like children.
                        >Rodney: [raises hand, like a child asking a question]
                        Keller: [like a school teacher] Yes, Rodney?
                        I loved that too especially the last part.
                        >Plasma windows/shields. But they'd also have to shield the Earth as well to prevent head absorption from the ground, so shields in the floor? Plasma windows/shields. Interesting... not in the least bit real world, but these people also immediately and without question bought someone creating a bridge to another space/time. Why not believe they also mastered plasma shields.
                        They didn't actually master it since all he did was steal Rodney's theory without the slightest clue of what he was doing.
                        >Rodney going all "Heeeeeeeeere's Johnny!" with the axe on the door to get to Keller.
                        Classic stuff.
                        >"It's freeze lightning! Go, freeze lightning, you're burnig up the quarter mile! Freeze lightning! Go, freeze lightning!"
                        I was so waiting for someone to sing that!
                        [QUOUTE]>It was cute to see Keller come around to Rodney's scathing commentary, then be completely ignored by him when he actually became interested.
                        >Rodney's interaction with his peers was hilarious. Poor guy.
                        >Dave Foley was great. Not so great teeth, but hilarious.
                        >Wasn't the security guard a Hobbit?
                        >"My contract with the SGC's up this year." LOL! A tongue-in-cheek comment about the demise of SGA.[/QUOTE]
                        Yeah I caught that too. They did the same on SG-1.
                        >Sex in the back of a private jet. I shudder to think what they'll be doing for 3 weeks on the Daedalus in hyperspace. First, the mile high club. Next, the intergalactic club.
                        Lucky ******* ain't he.

The Bad:

>The SGC doesn't have a ZPM? Mmm.
                        They haven't in ages.
                        >The old Rodney would have *****ed and moaned and carried on at the prospect of someone opening a space/time bridge that he knows could destroy the planet and HIM! The new Rodney's all bark and no bite. The old Rodney would have probably started arguing the details of the bridge, proving why it would destroy them all... or just ran out.
                        He did just not as whiny as he used to be. That's called character development. Not a bad thing IMO.
                        >And why on Earth would Keller try to calm him? Doesn't she read past mission reports, familiarize herself with the biggest happenings on Atlantis, like an encounter with an alt. universe that almost destroyed the place. On a mission like this, staying oblivious to others' departments is suicide.
                        Because she was trying to get him to think calmly and rationally, not sure what's wrong with that.
                        >Earth deserves to be destroyed if people are stupid enough to allow plans for Replicators and space/time bridges to find their way into the hands of the consistently stupid and/or evil private sector, AND if our brightest Physics minds really act like this.
                        They illegally acquired the plans not the fault of us.
                        >And Teyla was...? Breast feeding? Offworld? Near a black hole's time dilation field?
                        Not important. They don't need to explain why she wasn't there she wasn't needed in this one.
                        >Walter! The General's office # has to be one of the most secret #s on the planet. Anyone who could get through direct had to be important and the call probably is important. Did no one think to trace the call? Doesn't the SGC pay for caller ID?
                        The call was barely getting through and it wasn't her phone.
                        >Keller should have texted.
                        >Keller's able to handle a genius who has a huge ego and has no intentions of changing while she's turned off by a thug who has no desire to use his brain and has no intentions of changing. You'd think she'd be turned off equally by both. Silly writers. She should have ended up with Chuck or, at the least, Amelia.
                        Not sure I get the comparison as Rodney is trying to change and the rest of that statement is disturbing.
                        >"I love you. I've loved you for some time now. Just wanted you to know." Exactly the words the slightly dumb Rodney said to her in 'The Shrine'. God, that's disturbing. He might have been able to 'love' you in a mentally damaged state, but does that translate to a fully facultied Rodney?
                        It's not disturbing IMO as he truly does love her.

>Was this part of a Sci-Fi week of environmental events? Hence the green logo? Interesting concept, but I remember a UPN-enforced AIDS awareness focus a few years ago that birthed several forgettable episodes, including one on Vulcan mind meld transmitted disease on Enterprise.
                        What was wrong with that it was a good episode.
                        >The CGI was horrible. Sci-Fi original tornado movie horrible. Even the first shot of the building at night was obviously and horribly CGI. And the cliche shot of the car being thrown 'into' the camera? Sigh. The space scenes are so good usually and the Ancient base from 'First Contact/Lost Tribe' was nice, but the minute a semi-human building is needed, it's crappy.
                        It was obvious CG butit wasn't bad.

Comment

Wow. Talk about an annotated response.

There's character development, then there's stupidity. He knows that these bridges could destroy the a) complex, b) planet, c) galaxy, d) universe. And that's when HE'S involved. With a guy who's *******ized his and his sister's 'theories', Rodney should have been on the phone to the SGC getting it stopped as soon as possible. Instead, he sat down and got patted by Keller. Yes, the universe as we know it is worth a bit of cuddling. And Keller obviously didn't understand the gravity of the situation.

As for the plans for the Replicators/space/time bridge... The fact that plans for such advanced, black ops top secret technologies got into the hands of those they shouldn't is exactly my point. It's sloppy.

It was an enjoyable episode, yes, but a bit thick with the environmental message.
                          Last edited by nx01a; 01 December 2008, 02:12 PM.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

She'll have him trained in no time! *Good Rodney* "who's a good boy?"
                            Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                              She'll have him trained in no time! *Good Rodney* "who's a good boy?"
                              Yup, that pup's on his way to being neutered...

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                                Wow. Talk about an annotated response.

There's character development, then there's stupidity. He knows that these bridges could destroy the a) complex, b) planet, c) galaxy, d) universe. And that's when HE'S involved. With a guy who's *******ized his and his sister's 'theories', Rodney should have been on the phone to the SGC getting it stopped as soon as possible. Instead, he sat down and got patted by Keller. Yes, the universe as we know it is worth a bit of cuddling. And Keller obviously didn't understand the gravity of the situation.
                                We must have seen different versions because he did try and get it stopped several times he didn't just sit there and pout like you claim.

As for the plans for the Replicators/space/time bridge... The fact that plans for such advanced, black ops top secret technologies got into the hands of those they shouldn't is exactly my point. It's sloppy.

It was an enjoyable episode, yes, but a bit thick with the environmental message.
                                Anything can get into the wrong hands no matter how classified it is if the person knows what they are doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X