Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which decisions of TPTB did you LIKE the most in S5 ? (spoilers for any/all eps)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Care to elborate
    Sure. The development for McKeller started back in season 4 with Trio. It was clear that the two of them had feelings for each other. They continued developing that throughout season 5. Episodes like The Seed, The Shrine, Tracker, First Contact, Lost Tribe, Brain Storm, Identity, Infection all continue developing that quite well IMO. And with Teyla/Kanan they started that with Missing and developed it through Kindred II. Even when we hadn't met him yet the romantic threads were still there. Some subtle some not. And Broken Ties continued that.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      I disagree. I think they handle the Romantic stuff just fine most of the time. The Shrine, Tracker, Brain Storm, and Broken Ties are IMO good examples from season 5.
      Those eps prove they are very heavy handed with romance They wiz awful

Sure. The development for McKeller started back in season 4 with Trio. It was clear that the two of them had feelings for each other. They continued developing that throughout season 5. Episodes like The Seed, The Shrine, Tracker, First Contact, Lost Tribe, Brain Storm, Identity, Infection all continue developing that quite well IMO. And with Teyla/Kanan they started that with Missing and developed it through Kindred II. Even when we hadn't met him yet the romantic threads were still there. Some subtle some not. And Broken Ties continued that.
      hmm lets see....In Trio Keller asked Rodney out for a drink then nothing (and no i'm not including TLT cause it ain't actually happened yet ) then all of a sudden in S5
      Spoiler:
      Rodney declares his love for Keller while slowly losing his mind in The shrine...Then Keller leads Ronon on....Then she tells Ronon she's interested in someone else...Then she's telling Rodney she loves him in BS....mmhmm, yeah that's pretty bad development there
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        I've seen other shows do way worse than Stargate in the Romance department.

hmm lets see....In Trio Keller asked Rodney out for a drink then nothing (and no i'm not including TLT cause it ain't actually happened yet ) then all of a sudden in S5
        Spoiler:
        Rodney declares his love for Keller while slowly losing his mind in The shrine...Then Keller leads Ronon on....Then she tells Ronon she's interested in someone else...Then she's telling Rodney she loves him in BS....mmhmm, yeah that's pretty bad development there
        Thats not all of a sudden. There is plenty of subtle clues in Search and Rescue, The Seed, and Broken Ties. As far as the Ronon thing that's just competition nothing wrong with that. I say we just agree that we'll never agree on this subject.

Comment

Spoiler:
          I know its rare, but I completely agree with Linda Plus you know, usually a ship comes from the characters chemistry, not in this case
          What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
            I know its rare, but I completely agree with Linda Plus you know, usually a ship comes from the characters chemistry, not in this case
            Oh noes! I guess that means I can bring my ice skates to hell now.

Comment

I've seen other shows do way worse than Stargate in the Romance department.

Thats not all of a sudden. There is plenty of subtle clues in Search and Rescue, The Seed, and Broken Ties. As far as the Ronon thing that's just competition nothing wrong with that. I say we just agree that we'll never agree on this subject.
              Maybe but I can't think of any at this moment in time What, you didn't think Jel called me goldfish for nothing did ya

I didn't see anything even remotely hinting at McKeller in those eps....Or maybe I just put my blinkers on

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
              See.....Undeniable proof that I am always right
              sigpic

Comment

I can think of quite a few shows that did romance worse then Stargate but I have a high standard when it comes to that area of a show
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  I can think of quite a few shows that did romance worse then Stargate but I have a high standard when it comes to that area of a show
                  Ooh I remember one The X-files *shudders*
                  sigpic

Comment

Maybe but I can't think of any at this moment in time What, you didn't think Jel called me goldfish for nothing did ya

I didn't see anything even remotely hinting at McKeller in those eps....Or maybe I just put my blinkers on
                    They are subtle but they are there.

See.....Undeniable proof that I am always right

Comment

Ooh I remember one The X-files *shudders*
                      *cough* BSG *cough*

Comment

More Todd!

Oh,. and... *takes covder from flying rotten tomatoes* the love triangle.
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

* Vegas. Everything about Vegas.

* giving Teyla her happy ending with Kanaan and Torren. I would like to have seen more of him but then people would have complained that romance was taking over the show. And I think there was a subtle buildup from Missing on that worked just fine.

* keeping Todd. His relationship with John is a joy to watch.

* Did I mention Vegas?

* the beer on the pier scene in The Shrine. JF and DH did an awesome acting job there.

* Ghost in the Machine. Once again JF's face acting saved the day and got the point across that Weir's loss was a tremendous one.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Question: What decisions of TPTB did you LIKE the most?
                            Answer: To put an end to the show!

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                              Question: What decisions of TPTB did you LIKE the most?
                              Answer: To put an end to the show!
                              That was uncalled for.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                Anyway, just to name one or two for now...

The introduction of the rebel Asgard. It gave the Asgard a more darker feel that not all of them are going to be good and want to help the humans. It left a lot of potential for an amazing story arc.

Todd's continued role in this season has been excellent. He adds a lot to the show since he came back last season to really become an active recurring character. Kudos to the writers for giving the Wraith so much depth and not just the same old boring enemy.

I have much more, but will post later.

Your Thoughts?
                                I see those two and i raise you with Keller's character development.The show needed another strong female character after the loss of Elizampeth.
                                Also the introduction of Kiryk and the new alliens in D.V. Kiryk and the alliens could come back at any time (it's sci fi )
                                I liked that they didn't present Carson as he was before, before that would be stupid. It's not Carson any more, he is a clone.
                                I'll propably think off more to..
                                Spoiler:
                                APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                                (YEAR 0 - 100)
                                "O thou Sun,
                                send me as far over the earth
                                as is my pleasure and thine,
                                and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                                but never hear anything of bad ones,
                                nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment