No announcement yet.

Not enough McShep in Season 5!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally agree. There was nearly no McShep in season 5 and the interaction between John and Rodney is the reason why I watched SGA. This is why I am glad there won't be a 6th season as I wouldn't even have watched it, had there been one. Well, maybe I would have, if they had learned from the biggest mistake they made in season 5, namely not showing us great McShep scenes.

Comment

personally i like mcshep but too much time was spent on them than developing relationships with other characters (this is before the **** that is keller) and they always were trying to ram it down our throats like when they always had clips of them at the beginning of episodes they werent even in so less mcshep is a good thing... if only there was mckeeler as well and more shepla

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
        Essentially I watch the show for the McKay and Sheppard interaction, so I agree - not nearly enough in Season 5 and one of the reasons I like this season less than last.
        Originally posted by Alicia View Post
        I totally agree. There was nearly no McShep in season 5 and the interaction between John and Rodney is the reason why I watched SGA. This is why I am glad there won't be a 6th season as I wouldn't even have watched it, had there been one. Well, maybe I would have, if they had learned from the biggest mistake they made in season 5, namely not showing us great McShep scenes.
        Totally agree with you both, the lack of interaction between these two was my main reason (apart from Keller!) for not liking season 5 very much. IMO there was not enough McShep. I didn't watch it only for them but that was the biggest draw for me and, apart from the Shrine, was totally cut out this year (boo!)
        sigpic

Comment

I really do miss the great friendship scenes between Sheppard and McKay. Only getting Shrine, only one episode in season five, where they showed us McShep was way too little. Tis the reason I stopped watching after the cr** that was Brainstorm and from what I heard, there haven't been any McShep scenes since then, either. Such a pity, since it has once been such a great show when they still showed us great friendship scenes between those two characters.

Comment

And I have to agree that the pushed a lot of McShep and also lot of Teyla and Ronon moments aside for introducing new characters. I mean lot of people watch this show because of this team interaction. They kill off a lot of excitement with so much change, maybe I would have accept the changes in Season 7, but that is unfortunately not going to happen. SciFi channel is making another stupid move with pushing the beloved Team aside and introduce a new show, I really like Stargate, but I hope the new show is a failure! TPTB have to reconize that they are wrong. New is not always better!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
              Totally agree with you both, the lack of interaction between these two was my main reason (apart from Keller!) for not liking season 5 very much. IMO there was not enough McShep. I didn't watch it only for them but that was the biggest draw for me and, apart from the Shrine, was totally cut out this year (boo!)
              Well just imagine how us Teyla fans feel after the way they've pushed Teyla to the side and us John/Teyla shippers that have seen the ship ripped apart in S5

Yeah there's a lot of different sections of fandom not happy with the way it's turned out this season!
              sigpic

Comment

I miss McKay/Sheppard friendship since S2 or 3. It was never the same after they have changed sci-fi show into "invincible and stupid heroes saving the galaxy", switched Ford for a Rononator and Teyla was pushed back, so always when she appeared was a wallpaper or just annoying.
                But McShepp was one of few reasons I used to love this show. I think in Miller´s Crossing and The Shrine are two the best scenes between them ever. But otherwise, in the last two seasons, I missed it. I loved their friendly teasing. Now, it was only "hurry up, McKay" and nothing else.
                I think it´s another reason why is it OK for me that SGA ends. They ruined everything that many people loved - Atlantis itself, Weir, Beckett, a female alien leader (who would actually lead someone, not just yelled "where are my people!"), a big, big potential of people being cut of Earth in another galaxy....McShep....

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

The only good thing about season 5 is that they toned down the McShep show. Didnt mind their friendship in the early seasons but then it became overbearing and annoying. Way too many Sheppard/McKay scenes and not nearly enough interaction between the rest of the team.

I also went from liking McKay to loathing him in season 5... so I wasn't really interested in seeing him interact with anyone...
                  sigpic

Comment

That they toned down McKay and Sheppard was a bad thing! I mean TPTB kill everyone and than they destroy a good aspect of the show. SGA gets killed for SGU, what a bad decision. McShep where killed off for new characters, what´s the point!?
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X