SGA Season Six: YOU make the episodes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
    But... What word would you use in that context then?

I never heard the word "Maths" till I started coming to Gateworld and then reading fanfic written by non-USA authors.
    In the States, anyway, we just say Math or, occasionally, Mathematics.
    I love all the little differences in the language that I have learned here.
    I never knew pants could be anything but trousers and would never say "my friend is in hospital" but would say "in the hospital"
    Sorry, this is totally off-topic
    sigpic

Comment

Episode Title - The Other Foot

The episode starts in Atlantis and we see the team actually dial the gate and take a PJ through. They find a seemingly advanced civilization that could rival earth in technological development. We also learn that this world isn't like any other world, because they use Wraith for slave labor. They have developed a technology that when implanted into a wraith stops the Wraith's ability to feed when activated. They have raised these Wraith from babies and they are obedient to the humans and have had no contact with any outside Wraith. As the team tries to learn how they are able to acquire young wraith on an as needed basis, they learn that the wraith have been tracking their location via a subspace tracking beacon implanted in one of the marines aboard the Deadalus when Todd captured it in the The Lost Tribe. They must find a way to stop an impending invasion.

Comment

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
        They have developed a technology that when implanted into a wraith stops the Wraith's ability to feed when activated. They have raised these Wraith from babies and they are obedient to the humans and have had no contact with any outside Wraith.
        The idea of this society is interesting, but they must also have found some way to nourish the wraith if they can't feed on humans any more. If not, they can only use children as slaves before they slowly die from starvation at puberty.

As the team tries to learn how they are able to acquire young wraith on an as needed basis, they learn that the wraith have been tracking their location via a subspace tracking beacon implanted in one of the marines aboard the Deadalus when Todd captured it in the The Lost Tribe.
        No need for a tracking device: One of Todd's men could have decided to double-cross him and steal data from the Daedalus, including the location of Atlantis and Earth. It would seem surprising for the wraith to wait so long before attacking, though, or were they already on course for Earth since shortly after "The Lost Tribe", and they are they arriving just now? Wraith on Earth might seem a bit too much like
        Spoiler:
        "Enemy at the Gate",
        though.
        My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
        Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
          The idea of this society is interesting, but they must also have found some way to nourish the wraith if they can't feed on humans any more. If not, they can only use children as slaves before they slowly die from starvation at puberty.
          Well, part of the dynamic of their society and what they will find out when they start digging is that they do indead sacrifice humans to Wraith as food, which of course, Sheppard has a major problem with. The device implanted doesn't always have to be activated, it's more of a security measure. When they feed, they turn it off remotely.

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
          No need for a tracking device: One of Todd's men could have decided to double-cross him and steal data from the Daedalus, including the location of Atlantis and Earth. It would seem surprising for the wraith to wait so long before attacking, though, or were they already on course for Earth since shortly after "The Lost Tribe", and they are they arriving just now? Wraith on Earth might seem a bit too much like
          Spoiler:
          "Enemy at the Gate",
          though.
          I didn't intend for the tracking device to be a way for the Wraith to find Earth, since they know where it is already, but more of a way to keep tabs on Atlantis, especially if they decide to up and move Atlantis again. One of that things that concerns the team is why are the Wraith heading toward the planet? The Daedalus had been deployed in orbit around their planet since they are technologically advanced for a backup plan in case things go sideways they can beam the team out. It detected a Hive ship on course for the planet on their long range sensors. I mean, at this point you could make up any reason you want for the Wraith heading toward that planet. It's possible Todd needs their immediate help and heads that way to attempt to make contact with an Atlantis team instead of showing up in orbit around Atlantis, where the ship could be shot down by Atlantis' defenses upon arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
            Well, part of the dynamic of their society and what they will find out when they start digging is that they do indead sacrifice humans to Wraith as food, which of course, Sheppard has a major problem with. The device implanted doesn't always have to be activated, it's more of a security measure. When they feed, they turn it off remotely.
            Nice, I like it!

I didn't intend for the tracking device to be a way for the Wraith to find Earth, since they know where it is already, but more of a way to keep tabs on Atlantis, especially if they decide to up and move Atlantis again. One of that things that concerns the team is why are the Wraith heading toward the planet? The Daedalus had been deployed in orbit around their planet since they are technologically advanced for a backup plan in case things go sideways they can beam the team out. It detected a Hive ship on course for the planet on their long range sensors. I mean, at this point you could make up any reason you want for the Wraith heading toward that planet. It's possible Todd needs their immediate help and heads that way to attempt to make contact with an Atlantis team instead of showing up in orbit around Atlantis, where the ship could be shot down by Atlantis' defenses upon arrival.
            Ah, it could be an interesting twist, indeed, and explain why they didn't use the tracking device before.

You should write it as fanfiction, and the original poster too. With SGA coming to its end, it'll be a welcome reading.
            My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
            Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
            sigpic

Comment

I think we'll have to wait for the seasons finale, before we start making imaginary episodes.
              Spoiler:
              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
              (YEAR 0 - 100)
              "O thou Sun,
              send me as far over the earth
              as is my pleasure and thine,
              and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
              but never hear anything of bad ones,
              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Got major bored (he leads a team, right?) at work, so I came up with another couple ideas:

612: Collabarator- The Team is called in to investigate a Pegasas Coalition discovery of a group of Wraith Worshipers discovered living in the ruins of an abandoned Wraith Base. While they discover the truth behind humans serving the Wraith, they become aware of a plot to discredit Atlantis by the Geni.

614: Rogue-The team runs into another of Micheal's hybrids; this one is a female Wraith that acts more like a human than a Queen. Can the team stop her before she disrupts the discovery of a Ancient colony? (i may actually try and work up something for this...maybe)

Comment

Working...
                X