Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vega's situation, a bad choice?(spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a topic all by itself. I clicked on the link coz I was curious (not bi curious; it was just relevant to the discussion) and this new page pops up. The guy there is in uniform, but he is wearing a US emblem on his shoulder. Surely that violates DADT? Of course it could be an actor

NB now there is a pink envelope with 'curious?' on it. How does Google do it?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      Just stumbled onto this, a few thoughts:

* DADT - if she were to ask Keller out, even specifically as a date, that is still okay in terms of that rule (as far as I'm aware, although I'm not a US citizen or a member of the military). Keller is a civilian, and as long as they don't tell any other member of the military, then it isn't an issue as far as that is concerned. And anyway, I thought that was the whole point of that rule - unless a person (in this case Vega) specifically announced to their CO (Sheppard) then it was NONE of their business. IT's only when they walk around espousing their gayness that it becomes a problem (in terms of the rule)

* JM has always been one to stir things up. It's quite likely that they only thought of the gay thing as an afterthought, or never at all. Hey, it's got people talking

* It's also quite likely that the gay male character doesn't exist. If they were to make one of the main characters gay now, it would be a little out of left field for me now. But other male characters, maybe the replicator Niam for example, that's a different story altogether

* A gay character? Whatever. Why are we even discussing this? On a show written with the quality of a JM production, a gay character is just a gimmick. Just like Shep hooking up with a new hot chick (which he hardly ever does btw).

NB How ironic is it that the ad at the bottom (for me) is Gay Military Dating?
      Dont you think it is martin gero that came up with the gay thing, he wrote the episode
      Last edited by major davis; 05 January 2009, 01:08 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
        Dont you think it is martin gero that came up with the gay thing, he kinda is perverted (YPF)
        It got people's attention, that one.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
        X