Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well S5 started off really promising with S&R, I loved that ep...And the next few eps were pretty good too......And then It went to hell in a hand basket after DV....We got three pretty carp eps in a row in Ghost in the machine, The shrine and The worst of all whispers The queen gave us a glimmer of hope that it was gonna pick up again but nope...We get Keller overload in trackers

Another glimmer of hope in FC but the second part took a nosedive, Teyla gets relegated to babysitter again For the most part in S5 she's been reduced to background material so we can have Keller and
    Spoiler:
    the love triangle from hell overload...At least the love triangle didn't last long, but now we get McPuker for the rest of the season
    It's really sad that with this being the last season It's going out like this....

I was really pissed when I heard it first got cancelled but now, I don't really care anymore....

They ruined this show for me with Keller, love triangle from hell, McPuker and Teyla being reduced for the most part to recurring charcter

So apart from a few (and I mean a very few eps) eps I'm not really enjoying S5 all that much.....And the sad thing is I was optimistic about it at the start of the season
    sigpic

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks Stargate Atlantis is still good???
      Im liking Season 5 very much lol

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        Definatly not. I would say more are happy with SGA right now then unhappy. Fandom is not a good indicator about overall happiness of a show. Too many polarized opinions But thats not the point. SGA got dull and stale in S2 and S3. S5 continues the new life to Stargate that was brought in S4. Their have been a few episodes that been poor (I'm looking at you Whispers) but overall it has been good.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Definatly not. I would say more are happy with SGA right now then unhappy. Fandom is not a good indicator about overall happiness of a show. Too many polarized opinions But thats not the point. SGA got dull and stale in S2 and S3. S5 continues the new life to Stargate that was brought in S4. Their have been a few episodes that been poor (I'm looking at you Whispers) but overall it has been good.
          And ghost in the machine and The shrine and Tracker and The lost tribe and Inquisition

And remember the season ain't over yet so they'll more than likely be more

All JMHO mind you
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            And ghost in the machine and The shrine and Tracker and The lost tribe and Inquisition

All JMHO mind you

I loved GITM. Tracker and TLT were pretty good. I do agree with The shrine and the inquestion was decent.

The season not being over just means more chance for greta episodes.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I loved GITM. Tracker and TLT were pretty good. I do agree with The shrine and the inquestion was decent.

The season not being over just means more chance for greta episodes.
              Ooh where's spikey when ya need her...Lookie at all the speeling mistakes
              sigpic

Comment

Ooh where's spikey when ya need her...Lookie at all the speeling mistakes
                Unless I'm doing it just to anger Spikey
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Unless I'm doing it just to anger Spikey
                  ohhhh got'cha
                  sigpic

Comment

All JMHO mind you
                    I thought all the ones you just mentioned were good
                    The Shrine, Tracker, The Lost Tribe were all very good and even Inquisition, which was a clip show was good
                    Ghost in the Machine was good, even though i didnt really like the ending.
                    The rest of the seasons episodes sound good to

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm new here! And I already love this forum. It seems the best place! And really, I mean really welcoming.

So, I love season 5. All of the episodes are just great. The only episode I didn't like that much is 'Whispers' It was okay, but the other episodes are just amazing.
                      And First Contact - The Lost Tribe: WOW!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MacGadget View Post
                        So, I love season 5. All of the episodes are just great. The only episode I didn't like that much is 'Whispers' It was okay, but the other episodes are just amazing.
                        And First Contact - The Lost Tribe: WOW!!!
                        Finally! Someone who agrees with me on Season 5 Lol
                        Why didnt you like Whispers? I thought it was quite good but not as good as others (Like First Contact and Lost Tribe)

Also, Welcome to the forum
                        Always nice to see new members
                        I agree with your views on the people here

Comment

I enjoyed almost every episode of season 5, and absolutely loved several (my favourites being "The Queen" and "Ghost in the Machine"). So far, there are only two episodes I disliked: "Whispers" and "The Lost Tribe". As a collection of episodes, I found the ones we got in season 5 very good.

HOWEVER, as a season, season 5 failed to me so far. While individual episodes are very enjoyable, I have the impression that the show goes nowhere. What have we got for continuity? Tiny bits of a potential retrovirus that could change the wraith diet in 2 episodes, and a love story (bleeeech, I don't watch SGA for romance!) We are already at 2/3 of the season, and we still have got no decent story arc.

So, while I like the episodes in season 5, I don't like season 5 itself.
                          My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                          Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                          sigpic

Comment

I guess I would sum up season 5 so far as "wasted potential".

It started off great but has gotten steadily worse. Complete lack of team dynamic, overuse of McKay again and total wallpapering of the rest of the team... including Sheppard.

Only 2 episodes that have stood out for me are Search and Rescue and First Contact... the rest were between mediocre and some downright awful..

Keller has been the biggest disappointment and there was no need for the character in the first place. All she has done is futher split the team and been in the centre of the dreadful love triangle. The show had so much more potential, the characters were in desparate need of development and many storylines left unfinished. But the focus of the remaining eps seems to be McKeller and their budding relationship. Sad way to end a very promising show...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                              HOWEVER, as a season, season 5 failed to me so far. While individual episodes are very enjoyable, I have the impression that the show goes nowhere. What have we got for continuity? Tiny bits of a potential retrovirus that could change the wraith diet in 2 episodes, and a love story (bleeeech, I don't watch SGA for romance!) We are already at 2/3 of the season, and we still have got no decent story arc.

So, while I like the episodes in season 5, I don't like season 5 itself.
                              I think I have to agree with you about a potential storyline for the season.
                              Its just been several good episodes clumped together in one season but no real story.
                              In Season One, we had them trying to get home and a real threat of the wraith, in season 3 - middle 4 we had the replicator story and Michael,
                              But now theres no real story.
                              The main focus of season 5 I think is the growing relationship between Keller and McKay and the whole cure for the Wraith.

I still think the season is very good on a whole (one of the best), and i dont really mind that theres little storyline.

Complete lack of team dynamic, overuse of McKay again and total wallpapering of the rest of the team... including Sheppard.
                              I think that the Teyla arc has been lost.
                              I have to agree with Bluealien that McKay has been used alot this season.
                              He has been in every episode this season, playing a major part in most of them (Search and Rescue, The Daedalus Variations, The Shrine, Tracker, First Contact, The Lost Tribe and Insiders) and playing smaller but necessary parts in the rest (except Whispers).

I also have to agree with Athosian Death facilitator about Teylas arc being lost.
                              Teyla is slowly disappearing I think, from being the main focus in the end of Season 4 - Beginning of Season 5. She played an important role in The Queen also but has slowly disappeared since, especially when she is left to babysit Atlantis (as usual) in The Lost Tribe.
                              She has been left to do this once before, in Season 4s Lifeline
                              Spoiler:
                              I hope The Prodigal will be a more Teyla based episode
                              Last edited by Teddybrown; 28 October 2008, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                                i still like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X