This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
    I'd disagree - maybe the CGI itself isn't quite as good as Galactica's, but I'd say that the actual scenes are better. They've added motion - such as following that F-302 under the Daedalus' "tortoise shell" in Daedalus Variations - but the motion is much smoother in Atlantis than BSG, making it easier to watch.
    I agree. I love BSG, but their battles can be hard to follow. I like the way SGA has adopted new, more interesting camera angles to the battles this year, more like BSG, but not to the extent they go too. That would make it seem too similar, and that isn't what SGA's about. I like being able to see what's actually going on in a space battle, instead of it all just being a blur. They're both different, and I that's the way I like it. BSG's works for that type of show, and I think the new style Atlantis battles work for SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      I liked the intensity of the Hiveships' battle in The Queen, although the camera angle threw me off for a second for some reason. Initially it appeared like the darts were flying backwards a one point for a time.
      Am I the only one who thought that bit was cool?

Comment

Originally posted by Kezia View Post
        I must respectfully disagree. The space battles in SGA are cheesy, predictable and plain boring. Doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as BSG imo. What you call "easy to watch", I call "lame". Not to mention the F-302 dogfights in DV (among others) have been blatant, watered-down imitations of viper-raider dogfights.
        How so? I mean, a dogfight is a dogfight is a dogfight...

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
        I agree. I love BSG, but their battles can be hard to follow. I like the way SGA has adopted new, more interesting camera angles to the battles this year, more like BSG, but not to the extent they go too. That would make it seem too similar, and that isn't what SGA's about. I like being able to see what's actually going on in a space battle, instead of it all just being a blur. They're both different, and I that's the way I like it. BSG's works for that type of show, and I think the new style Atlantis battles work for SGA.

Comment

I definately agree with all you guys!! The space battles have improved a lot!
          Atlantis definately beats SG-1 space battles on that front...

They'd better if there gonna make a spaceship based series like Stargate Universe.

Comment

OT: Naonak, I love your banner. That ol' Sisko stare.
            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Space battles improve over time due to improved CGI technology. Star Trek Next Generation and DS9 could be painful sometimes as the CGI technology just wasnt that great and as a result some of the space battles looked fake. Next generation specifically happened before CGI and as a result the space battles for the most part looked really really bad.

I would love to see what they could do now with some of the Dominion War massive space battles with the new CGI technology.

Comment

vouch, the space battles have been epic.

but in BAMSR, the retarded part is that the replicator ships dont have shields... if they're based on lantian technology, then they should have shields, as shown in season 3 episode 1, with the Orion.
                sure you could say that the replicators didnt have shields up cause they were taken off guard, but they DO have long range scanners, so they could be able to detect 8 hives, 2 BC-304s, another Aurora-class ship, and 2 unknown Traveler's ships and put their shields up. and even if they dont, the instant our fleet dropped out of hyperspace, they could raise the shields.

Comment

Working...
                X