This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
    I wish I knew it was possible to save a show, but I have not seen evidence of it yet? it's just that if they didn't change the characters so much i think it might have hada chance

so I pray it goes in blaze of glory

So have any of you gone to Hey Nielsen and posted your comments and opinions... it is a way to let TPTB know we are not happy! It may not change thier minds...but it might make them regret thier decision! Please come to Hey Nielsen and post daily... get as many recommenders as you can and comment on everyone else's opinion too! Do it daily, check the box to receive email notices when new opinions are posted... it could not hurt!

http://www.heynielsen.com/view/stargate-atlantis/

Thanks

Patricia Lee

Comment

I would rather see an Atlantis mini series (= 4 episode) next year. I don't want to wait until 2010-2011 for the second Atlantis movie.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

After an episode like first contact I just don't understand the way that they think i mean canceling it.... AHHHHH!!!!

I don't know how much longer i can stay loyal with all this crap that they keep doing to us seriously ffs.
        sigpic
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard!!" campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Why Carson? Why? View Post
          After an episode like first contact I just don't understand the way that they think i mean canceling it.... AHHHHH!!!!

I don't know how much longer i can stay loyal with all this crap that they keep doing to us seriously ffs.
          Agreed it is tough but I will remain loyal until I see the pilot of Universe. If it sucks I will just cling to my SGA dvds and future movies and of course SG-1.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I'm really curious how idiotic SGU will be with same writers.I'm sure there are waiting many lovely plot holes and plot devices for us
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

The funny thing is what 90% of people here call plot holes aren't really plot holes
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Just like Jelgate's head on the inside isn't really a hole, but a massive void.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  I'm really curious how idiotic SGU will be with same writers.I'm sure there are waiting many lovely plot holes and plot devices for us
                  Funny how most so called plot holes and plot devices that many claim plague SG-1 and Atlantis really aren't.

Comment

Can someone tell me why they are canceling SGA? I just recently started obsessing over it and it's already being taken away from me. The characters, the stories, and just simply everything about the show is amazing. Stargate is the only reason I watch the Sci-Fi channel now (and wrestling.) I'm a huge sci-fi addict but it's hard to trust a station when good shows won't last.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizzare Star View Post
                      Can someone tell me why they are canceling SGA? I just recently started obsessing over it and it's already being taken away from me. The characters, the stories, and just simply everything about the show is amazing. Stargate is the only reason I watch the Sci-Fi channel now (and wrestling.) I'm a huge sci-fi addict but it's hard to trust a station when good shows won't last.
                      basically Atlantis was offed to make way for SGU
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

It is tough to trust the scifi channel but in this case they attempted to keep SGA but MGM decided to can it. Going into a season 6 means the cost is higher do to rising actor's salaries. Instead they are pushing forward a new Stargate series.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          It is tough to trust the scifi channel but in this case they attempted to keep SGA but MGM decided to can it. Going into a season 6 means the cost is higher do to rising actor's salaries. Instead they are pushing forward a new Stargate series.
                          That really is sad. "The show is doing amazing but meh, you cost too much. Buh-bye!"

I will really miss SGA. I just hope SGU will be good enough to replace it.

Comment

That really is sad. "The show is doing amazing but meh, you cost too much. Buh-bye!"
                            Whats even worse is this is the second time they did this.

I will really miss SGA. I just hope SGU will be good enough to replace it.
                            I hope so. I really want to hope that my fears about SGU will be like my original fears about Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post

I still think it's an amazingly bad decision, after all the standard of SGA was getting better every series and ratings were up. I read somewhere that Universe was going to be aimed at a 'younger viewer' so surely doing both would have kept the money rolling in and kept the fans happy?

Tune In, Turn On, Burn Out .......

Comment

What's interesting about this is the fact that each of the two SG1 movies cost $7 million to make, while the individual episodes cost $2 million to make. So, $14 million gets you two movies whereas $40 million gets you 20 episodes. Once you realize that the two movies sell for approximately the same price as a standard def season DVD boxset (each movie is $20 or so a pop so that's $40 when taken together, while the DVD boxset is about $49 at the bust out retail price) the decision actually makes a little financial sense. For a savings of $26 million you're going to generate just about the same amount of money from DVD sales.

However, this doesn't account for the advertising/Itunes/etc money they make on showing TV episodes one at a time before selling them on DVD. But, does that extra income the movies don't generate make up for the extra $26 million invested?

Don't get me wrong, I'm ticked off about the cancellation too, but they do have some strong financial arguments in their favor.
                                “When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmmm, boy.”
                                ~ Jack Hardy

Comment

Working...
                                X