This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
    I don't know about you, but I would be VERY surprised if this has all been one big publicity stunt. I don't think either side would have participated in something like that. Nor would they have kept up with it for so long after they saw the backlash they got for getting rid of the character (and yes, I realize, not everyone was upset by the decision). And heck, entire episodes get leaked out, I don't think they could have kept something like this secret for that long.
    There is a shot for Season 6, as per Weir returning. It depends on Torri and the current PTB.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      There is a shot for Season 6, as per Weir returning. It depends on Torri and the current PTB.
      I agree. There is always hope and you're absolutely right, it will depend upon Torri and the PTB.
      sigpic
      Signature by Erin87

Comment

And the events of GitM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
          If the whole "Torri not returning" thing was a big ruse on Torri & tptb's parts; and Weir shows up in Season 5:

How surprised would you be? 1-10 scale, 1: Not -- 5: Somewhat -- 10: More-so than if Roger Moore replaced Joe F as Sheppard mid-Season

How happy would you be? 1-10 scale, 1: Miserable -- 5: Somewhat -- 10: Overjoyed
          Surprised? 10
          Happy? 10

If Torri returned this season, I would be stunned. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see her in season six (if there is one). And, because she's moved on, I can't see her returning unless TPTB offered her a script worth returning for, so if I heard that she was coming back, I would be thrilled.
          sigpic
          Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
            I don't know about you, but I would be VERY surprised if this has all been one big publicity stunt. I don't think either side would have participated in something like that. Nor would they have kept up with it for so long after they saw the backlash they got for getting rid of the character (and yes, I realize, not everyone was upset by the decision). And heck, entire episodes get leaked out, I don't think they could have kept something like this secret for that long.
            Agreed. I seriously doubt this was a stunt they wouldn't do something like that.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              Ok still confused
              A factorial is a series in which a number is continually multiplied by the next lowest integer until the number "1" is reached. For example, a factorial that has particular relevance to Stargate is 6 factorial, commonly depicted as 6!.

6! = 6*5*4*3*2*1 = 720

This is the number of possible gate combinations if you know the 7 symbol address, but not the order to put them in, such as what Ford had in the Atlantis premier after Teyla and several of her people were abducted. Since you know that the last symbol has to be the point of origin, that leaves 6 symbols unaccounted for. The first symbol has a pool of 6 symbols, but once you select one, then there are only 5 left, and so on and so forth.

Thus, 24! = 620448401733240000000000.

To get back on topic, I would be shocked beyond reason (10) if it was a ploy. As someone already mentioned, entire episodes and movies have been leaked. I find it highly unlikely that something like this could stay secret.

If she did return, I would be thrilled (10). I know that this has been debated on and on, but I feel that it was a major mistake to off two main characters within 5 episodes of each other. Also, when they said that Weir (or Carson for that matter after the clone came back) were going to be reduced to recurring, my mind thought of recurring like Zelenka, not recurring like Heightmeyer.

As for Weir's replacement(s), I have found both to be lacking. I felt that the Weir character was totally committed to Atlantis. You could see how much she loved the city and how amazed she was by it, (i.e. the SG-1 ep. "Pegasis Project"). What's the first think Woolsey did? Bring in his own table. I found Carter to be competent, but missing in far too many episodes to be plausibly committed. It seamed like major decisions were being made without her. I know that this was because of ATs other commitments and it was assumed that she was making decisions off-screen, but I can't shake that feeling as I watch Season 4 again on DVD.

As for Woolsey *shudder*... A former antagonist is now our leader??? A blithering, incompetent one at that. Let's make Maybourne leader of SG-1 by that logic. I admit that I have found some of Woolsey's scenes to be amusing, but when I think of epic sci-fi series, they have been defined by strong, decisive leaders. Star Trek had Kirk and Picard. BSG has Adama and Roslin. SG-1 had Hammond and O'Neil. Atlantis was on its was to being there with Sheppard and Weir and/or Carter, despite her absences, but now with blundering, lost, rule book bound, suit seeking Woolsey, it will never be.

I know, I know, *sigh* they're going to change him. It will be fun and *great* to watch him grow into a strong and decisive leader. Swell... Martin Gero can go right on killing cast members. At this point, I have a 50/50 chance that he'll kill someone I don't like.

Comment

Sorry haven't been on in a few days, when I said google didn't help, I was talking about the long number, I didn't type in 24, I just thought you were saying 24 as your answer to the thread! I get it now.
                sigpic
                Ten Years, A Lot Of Enemies, A Presumed Death, A Complete Back Story Rewrite....But Still Looking Good!

Comment

I would be disappointed in Torri but I know she would never agree to return.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't think they've been playing us. I just don't see it.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
                      I would be disappointed in Torri but I know she would never agree to return.
                      I wouldn't be dissapointed in Torri as long as it was for a few episodes and she got plenty to do. I'm glad she turned down GITM, it was downright disrespectful offering such a small part. Maybe they would have evloved the arc in S6 but we don't even know if there will be a S6!
                      Last edited by Frontastic; 08 August 2008, 12:45 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Ten Years, A Lot Of Enemies, A Presumed Death, A Complete Back Story Rewrite....But Still Looking Good!

Comment

Working...
                      X