This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
    sure as do we but we're also looking forward to different characters and new adventures
    Actully we spend most of our time talking off topic

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

» OKay, then if the ENTIRE main cast was replaced, exept for ONE, would you still watch?

Comment

I have to say one thing. The Anti-ness is fine when people are upset because their favorite show is not to their liking anymore, I totally understand that. What has turned me off is the dooming and glooming of the show, but that has really stopped now for the most part. Likely because those folks have moved on which is about time, imo. I just think it is rude in an open fan forum to doom the show for others and celebrate when the show dips in ratings. Just because you don't like the show anymore doesn't mean everyone else is also unhappy and it should be cancelled. Well that is my only issue with this forum. Everything else is just fine and dandy.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
          » OKay, then if the ENTIRE main cast was replaced, exept for ONE, would you still watch?
          At that point I would stop watching but I would never go anti. Just not in my nature.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Do you see my sig with the characters? well except the White Dog. I am very happy with this Cast. They saved the episode "The Seed" for me. Which I thought was a sub-par plot, not episode.

If the entire cast changes and they stink, then I'll just stop watching. then again it can't be worse than Ghost Hunters, lol.
            sigpic

Comment

» See, that's really optimistic of you. Hate to admit it but it's kind of admirable how you have the ability to go on and look at the bright side of things.
              LOL that's funny because I'm actually more of a pessimist anyway I wasn't looking forward to s9 of SG-1 because RDA left and Jack's my favorite character but I learned to accept the new direction even if I wasn't happy with it. I still prefer s1-8 but hey s9 and s10 had some cool eps with Atlantis it's different because I actually like every single character (ok I didn't like Larrin ) and I still enjoy most eps

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
              Actully we spend most of our time talking off topic
              LOL true

» OKay, then if the ENTIRE main cast was replaced, exept for ONE, would you still
              watch?
              yes I'd still watch. would I enjoy it? IDK...

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              I have to say one thing. The Anti-ness is fine when people are upset because their favorite show is not to their liking anymore, I totally understand that. What has turned me off is the dooming and glooming of the show, but that has really stopped now for the most part. Likely because those folks have moved on which is about time, imo. I just think it is rude in an open fan to doom the show for others and celebrate when the show dips in ratings. Just because you don't like the show anymore doesn't mean everyone else is also unhappy and it should be cancelled. Well that is my only issue with this forum. Everything else is just fine and dandy.
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

If they were replaced by good characters and actors to play them, then yes i'd still watch. If they weren't, i'd just stop watching, but i'd never complain about it on a internet forum.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

If they completely, totally, and wholly warped around a show, changed it's entire raison d'etre, and generated a huge string of wallbanger episodes. See: Final seasons of B5 and Andromeda. Still, then I'm more likely to move onto a different show/fandom, and gripe about it occasionally there.

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                  Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                    If they were replaced by good characters and actors to play them, then yes i'd still watch. If they weren't, i'd just stop watching, but i'd never complain about it on a internet forum.
                    Sam, RepliCarter...
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I actually would. Say atlantis is back on earth or something major status quo change. Or its like sg1 s9 and everyones moved on. Yeah id still tune in to see those towers and halls

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                        Sam, RepliCarter...
                        Then I'd definatly watch

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

» I'm curious to know at what point will various viewers/posters here (that have not done so already) would make you believe the show (SGA) needs serious improvement, or that you wouldn't want to watch it any more? Do you have a 'breaking point'?

setting yourself up with that question on THIS board there, Reicko.

before the days of internet, there was no recourse to voice your opinion as an "anti" viewer. The voice of the "anti" was then and still is...turn the channel and watch something else.

Nowadays we immediate feedback via computer. Technology has taken viewer feedback to a whole new level.

Ratings are still the top measurement to look at viewer satisfaction. And whether or not some posters see the implication of immediate feedback both pro and anti via the internet as a powerful marketing tool is solely in the eyes of the beholder at this point in time.

But I would not be surprised if one day...ratings could change to include those on the web and a place where viewers would go to to give secured and immediate feedback on shows, movies, ect.

Many see "anti" as a bunch of complainers who have nothing better to do but grip. But as someone in business, I see it as valuable feedback on a product that I have purchased via my cable co.

As for the initial question:

When the show changes from it's core formula...I will voice my concern.
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

If Sheppard left the show I'd stop watching. I'm not even sure I'd talk bitterly about it more than a week though. I'd just move on to some other new toy, as is my way.
                            My Livejournal
                            I watched all of the first four seasons of SGA last May. Here are my newbie impressions.

Comment

the thing is...ok, back in the dark ages when Daniel left, there was a distinct fandom split. And those that felt passionately about daniel's departure, well there were others that didn't. And those that didn't would tell those that did 'hey, just chill, get over it'...and, in the end, all that 'let's point out the error of your ways' did was make the 'OMG daniel's gone' folks all that more passionate.

In other words, sometimes in arguing about opinions, people don't often 'fix' those opinions as much as make them all that more set in their ways.

Over all, if people spent less time worrying about what others are thinking and feeling and more time just worrying about themselves, a lot of things would be nicer.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Over all, if people spent less time worrying about what others are thinking and feeling and more time just worrying about themselves, a lot of things would be nicer.
                                Amen to that! But do you really expect everyone to get along all the time in an internet fan forum?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X