This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colonel Crawford View Post
    Now I think we all know that SGA most likely isn't going for a big 10 like SG1, but I don't want the show to end with only 5 or 6. I just want SGA to conclude on on a good note, not like it is currently. If season 5 ends up like 3 and 4.....idk. 7 seasons? Thats my bet. SGU, I heard won't run at the same time as SGA, but that just wiki so i'm not going to trust it. What do you guys think?
    I dont know. I'm also kind of torn as to what I want. I would love to see more seasons of Atlantis. I would also love for Atlantis to end and make some movies (I think we have a greater chance of seeing many more Atlantis movies than SG1 due to actor availability).. and I would like them to get started with Stargate Universe

If I had to guess I would say 6 seasons. (with only 5 being more probable than 7)
    BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

I'm skeptical a the minute, given the noises coming from MGM and Mallozzi I think season 5 might be its last.

Comment

What noises are coming from MGM that would indicate that season 5 is it's last?

My personal "guess" though, this very well could be the shows final season. Unless it performs solidly in the ratings... otherwise, that is 5 seasons + 100 episodes down which i'm Sci-Fi would be very satisfied with.

Comment

Um i don't know where you people get your information and i'm sorry i don't have the article but both MGM and Scifi has stated they want Stargate still. Albeit not just Atlantis but i'm pretty sure they want to keep it on the air. Just because the actors contracts end next year doesn't mean the show has to end. Do you really think that the SG-1 actors signed a 10 year deal? No originally it was 2 years. Then they bumped it to 5 and when it was renewed when thought canceled they kinda went year after year after that. I'm sure if Atlantis continues its good ratings and Season 7 rolls around that they'll probably renew the contracts as well. Stargate is MGMs 2nd biggest franchise next to James Bond. That has to account for something. Atlantis is good. Some episodes are bad but most are good I think. And i think it does deserve a 10 year run. Give it a chance and it'll get better.
          There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Hey, i'm all for SGA going ten seasons, I just can't see it happening. I agree, most of SGA(even in S3 and 4) is quality deserving of the name "Stargate" but SGA has too many fillers and yes, "Bad" episodes for them to go unnoticed. This has to change in order for SGA to go ten. SG1 had the same problem but they managed to fix that considerably. And by the looks of things, SGA is getting a backseat to SGU.
            sigpic
            sig by Starlover1990

Comment

This year, and maybe a season 6. I don't see it going on for more than that.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I think 2 years. I doubt SKIFY will cancel this show after season 5
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

As long as SGA continues to be the main cash cow of the network for original programming, it will remain. SG-1 last two seasons proved that quality can be sacrificed for the sake of keeping something on the air.
                  Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Originally posted by TheHomegaMan View Post
                    As long as SGA continues to be the main cash cow of the network for original programming, it will remain. SG-1 last two seasons proved that quality can be sacrificed for the sake of keeping something on the air.
                    Baiting isn't cool, chief.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by TheHomegaMan View Post
                      I didn't think it was the main cash cow. I thought it was ECW Wrestling, Ghost Hunters, and Days of our Galactica.
                      BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        Baiting isn't cool, chief.
                        Excuse me? It is one of the main staples of their original programming line up. They will not get rid of the show so long as it continues to be profitable.

Or were you referring to the fact that I said quality suffered as SG-1 lived what was essentially an undeath of two seasons? SG-1's story ended with Season 8, and they very producers themselves are on record as saying that they considered changing the name of the show for the last two.

Baiting would be posting something blatantly inflammatory against somebody for the purpose of starting a fight. I simply made a cynical observation.
                        Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          I'm skeptical a the minute, given the noises coming from MGM and Mallozzi I think season 5 might be its last.
                          How so? SGU will not be ready until likely 2010. Also when has Joe M indicated season 5 could be the last. In fact I think Joe M has been more optimistic but doesn't want to get all excited and then the show cancelled. He is being cautious like we all should be.
                          sigpic

Comment

We have literally only seen the surface of the Pegasus Galaxy i think its a mistake to assume that the only beings there were lanteans, wraith, human and genaric lower life forms. The wraith have been essential stomping around the galaxy roaring like lions for 10,000-several million years. Dont discount what they were either incapable of seeing or just ignored.

Like the Crystal aliens or the Mist planet. The could have been there for billions of years before the lanteans arrived. God knows what else is out there. There are literally a decades worth of storys you could still tell AFTER the 6-10 years it takes to tie up the wraith plot.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              How so? SGU will not be ready until likely 2010. Also when has Joe M indicated season 5 could be the last. In fact I think Joe M has been more optimistic but doesn't want to get all excited and then the show cancelled. He is being cautious like we all should be.
                              How do you work that one out? They could quite easily have it ready for an Autumn 09 premier with time to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                How do you work that one out? They could quite easily have it ready for an Autumn 09 premier with time to spare.
                                Sure if it is done half-assed.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X