This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jakebolt View Post
    I liked the bugs better ,who agrees with me?
    The bugs were scarier, for sure, but basically they are one-dimensional villians. Makes the show become Aliens. They'd work as Kull Warriors - drop'em on a planet and let'em go wild, but beyond being organic weapons, they wouldn't help take over the galaxy very well. He needs thinking soldiers and commanders to effectively bring war against the Wraith and humans.

Also, I think the bugs are a little uncontrollable - should they get hungry or annoyed. Maybe he has some still on a planet or two, waiting to be used?

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
    O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Mekarri View Post
      I love vista.
      Ack!

Comment

Maybe Michael is also counting on the fact that the team might be reluctant to kill Athosians if they think there is a chance to convert the hybrids back to normal humans.

Also, Michael was probably planning to learn things about the genetic nature of Teyla and Kanaan's gift by studying the baby. Isolate a strand to implant or activate in other humans perhaps.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          I still don't get. How perfect will his hybrids be? Will they be stronger, or will they jump higher?
          Maybe they will jump faster.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
            I don't get why he doesn't breed his own.
            Speaking of which, has anyone spotted a female hybrid? I hadn't really paid much attention before but thinking about it, I can only remember seeing male hybrids.

I wonder if the hybrids would breed the old fashioned "human" way or a cross between human and wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              I still don't get. How perfect will his hybrids be? Will they be stronger, or will they jump higher?
              We don't know really, all we know is that he needed her son in order to perfect the hybrids. In what way, well we can't be certain. Might be that they might get stronger or more intelligent or perhaps have better telepathic abilities. Michael really didn't specify beyond that the child was important.

EDIT: Anyway, I personally kind of liked the bug people and wished they returned in some capacity. Keep the current hybrids but let the bug people return as shock troopers, kind of like Anubis's kull warriors.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by luvmac View Post
                Speaking of which, has anyone spotted a female hybrid? I hadn't really paid much attention before but thinking about it, I can only remember seeing male hybrids.

I wonder if the hybrids would breed the old fashioned "human" way or a cross between human and wraith.
                In The Last Man, there was a whole crowd cheering on Michael, and I couldn't see a single female.

I don't think he has them, really. You have to remember where he came from. As a Wraith, he was very eager to serve a Queen, he's probably done nothing but that, unlike Todd, who is old enough or wise enough to see that that's not the way for him, but Michael was younger and maybe even blinded by them. This has resulted in betrayal, twice, so now I don't think he's nearly as eager to let a woman be around him. It's not done with the Wraith, and he suddenly won't praise women again in his little army either, imo.

The only one who he'd consider to put in there is Teyla. But she's not exactly overcome with joy for that idea...

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                  In The Last Man, there was a whole crowd cheering on Michael, and I couldn't see a single female. I don't think he has them, really.
                  We know that he took Athosian women as well as the men. Maybe he does have female hybrids but they're on some base so they can breed a new generation. He's going to run out of humans eventually so he'll need his hybrids to produce more by themselves.
                  sigpic

Comment

I can't imagine Michael using them as breeding cows, definitely when at this point they're not perfected yet. And there's no women around him at the moment, either.

Comment

I can't imagine Michael using them as breeding cows, definitely when at this point they're not perfected yet. And there's no women around him at the moment, either.
                      Why bother to kidnap the Athosian women, then? Not that a lot of SGA really makes sense.
                      sigpic

Comment

He took them all, probably just to investigate which ones were hybrids, just like him.

And those that were, got an even closer bond to him, meaning that of a full hybrid, not just a little bit of it.

Remember that he hates Wraith, and humans, but hybrids, now that's the people he wants to work with.

Comment

He took them all, probably just to investigate which ones were hybrids, just like him.

And those that were, got an even closer bond to him, meaning that of a full hybrid, not just a little bit of it.

I thought he's converting ordinary humans into hybrids. There are very few humans with the Wraith DNA so he wouldn't get many followers if he just used those. From 'The Last Man' -

McKAY: With the Wraith in disarray, Michael returned to the human populations he'd infected with the Hoffan drug. He selected the strongest and the healthiest of the survivors and converted them to hybrids. The rest he exterminated.

As McKay says 'survivors' not just 'men' it does imply that Michael converted a few women as well in this alternate future.

I don't think his closer bond with Teyla has anything more than utility to it. In 'Vengeance' he was trying to feed her to an Iratus bug to get one of his super bugs and this would have resulted in her death. . He was only interested in her baby once she got pregnant and he used the telepathic link aspect as a way of luring her to him so he could get hold of it. . In 'The Last Man' he killed her after she'd given birth instead of turning her into another hybrid. We know that a human with Wraith DNA can be turned into a hybrid because of Kanaan so Michael could have turned Teyla into one as well if he'd wanted to.

Remember that he hates Wraith, and humans, but hybrids, now that's the people he wants to work with.
                          His hybrids can be killed. If he's dreaming of a galaxy full of his them he'd surely be thinking of what's going to happen once he's got rid of all the ordinary humans and Wraith. If he can't breed his own due to the lack of females he'll be stuck with cloning but, according to all the theories I've heard of, each clone generation degrades a little - first copy ok. copy of the copy not quite as good etc. I'm guessing this idea is supposed to hold in the Stargate universe as well because the Queen in 'Spoils' created a new template for cloning warriors instead of just using some warriors she already had.

As for why Michael doesn't have female soldiers, there could be several combined reasons.

1: He's not used to seeing fighting females because Wraith don't have them. The Queens command but they don't fight alongside the warriors and faced male officers.

2: Most societies we've seen in Pegasus seem to follow the 'traditional' arrangement of women being in a domestic role. The Satedans and the Genii were unusual in that women could be soldiers. This would be another reason why Michael wouldn't be used to seeing many fighting females.

3: Females would be a very valuable resource for breeding future generations with. Why waste them in combat while he has a lot of males available for this? After all, one male + 50 females can result in 50 babies but one female + 50 males just results in one baby.
                          Last edited by ciannwn; 26 July 2008, 02:42 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X