This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sblade View Post
    1.5 is Eureka in a bad day... It doesn't mean much, and it certainly doesn't say a lot about the quality of the show The new show, Sanctuary, and related promotion obviously helped SGA here. Personally, I'm gone lol if Sanctuary did better than Atlantis... If I were a Sanctuary fan, however, I wouldn't want my fave show paired up with a ratings sucker like Atlantis.
    What a load of crap.

I know some people like to ignore this fact, but keep in mind a 1.5 now is like a 1.7 or a 1.8 in season 3. That's before Live + 7. And hasn't it been said that Eureka has an older overall audience than Atlantis, same goes for Sanctuary? At the beginning of season 4, Atlantis got picked up on 1.0s and 0.9s, and the overall viewer number after Live + 7 was lucky to scrape a 1.3 or a 1.4. That was good enough back then (and yes I've heard the '100 episodes' and 'writers strike' arguments before, but there was such a leap in viewership during mid season 4 that even if they WERE true, it would be of no significance now)

The overall viewers for The Lost Tribe were likely similar to those of episodes from early season 2. The fact that audiences dipped, and then came back again just a strong, sometimes stronger than it was before the dip is a very good sign.

I'm getting sick of this stuff having to be explained again and again, I know you don't want to listen to it because it shows Atlantis is actually doing better than you want it to, but it's the truth, so read it and keep it in mind the next time you want to make b***** comments about the ratings

Comment

Originally posted by Joben View Post
      Err, higher ratings with a popular guest star pull and a season finale two-parter. He's laying it on a bit thick to be putting it down to the quality and strength of the show and pretending like it wasn't expected for ratings to go up.
      I have to agree that Malozzi is laying it on pretty thick. If getting a high rating for an individual episode is evidence of quality, what was the steady decline in ratings over the previous three episodes--which he never said a word about--evidence of? Lack of quality?

I would advise him against aligning ratings with "quality". High or low ratings are often evidence of good or bad circumstances, or as you said, it being a "special" episode. Let's see what the ratings will be next week.

One thing I'm fairly certain of is that if they aren't really good, Malozzi won't say a word, just as he was silent about the previous episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
        What a load of crap.

I know some people like to ignore this fact, but keep in mind a 1.5 now is like a 1.7 or a 1.8 in season 3. That's before Live + 7. And hasn't it been said that Eureka has an older overall audience than Atlantis, same goes for Sanctuary? At the beginning of season 4, Atlantis got picked up on 1.0s and 0.9s, and the overall viewer number after Live + 7 was lucky to scrape a 1.3 or a 1.4. That was good enough back then (and yes I've heard the '100 episodes' and 'writers strike' arguments before, but there was such a leap in viewership during mid season 4 that even if they WERE true, it would be of no significance now)

The overall viewers for The Lost Tribe were likely similar to those of episodes from early season 2. The fact that audiences dipped, and then came back again just a strong, sometimes stronger than it was before the dip is a very good sign.

I'm getting sick of this stuff having to be explained again and again, I know you don't want to listen to it because it shows Atlantis is actually doing better than you want it to, but it's the truth, so read it and keep it in mind the next time you want to make b***** comments about the ratings
        Yawn
        sigpic

Comment

I think Atlantis had two 0.9s in season 4?

There were leaks, though...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Adrift and Lifeline were the only true leaks for S4. Doppleganger and Midway were released early by iTunes. The only episodes that had a real negative impact was Doppleganger and a lesser extent Adrift. Lifeline and Midway got some adqueate numbers for SciFI
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Adrift and Lifeline were the only true leaks for S4. Doppleganger and Midway were released early by iTunes. The only episodes that had a real negative impact was Doppleganger and a lesser extent Adrift. Lifeline and Midway got some adqueate numbers for SciFI
              As popular as it is, iTunes is not big enough to cause ratings to go down. Networks wouldn't be releasing shows early if they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post

1.5!
                And they canceled the show ..... why?

i wonder if it had anything to do with the new 9pm slot or leading into Sanctuary?
                it's possible. we'll know in a few weeks

1.5 is Eureka in a bad day... It doesn't mean much, and it certainly doesn't say a lot about the quality of the show The new show, Sanctuary, and related promotion obviously helped SGA here.
                obviously? how so?

Personally, I'm gone lol if Sanctuary did better than Atlantis... If I were a Sanctuary fan, however, I wouldn't want my fave show paired up with a ratings sucker like Atlantis.
                that's BS! check the facts

What a load of crap.

I know some people like to ignore this fact, but keep in mind a 1.5 now is like a 1.7 or a 1.8 in season 3. That's before Live + 7.
                exactly! also let's not forget about the VPH

And hasn't it been said that Eureka has an older overall audience than Atlantis, same goes for Sanctuary?
                yup

At the beginning of season 4, Atlantis got picked up on 1.0s and 0.9s,
                actually there were two 0.9's (DG and TR) and two 1.0's (Travelers and MC)

and the overall viewer number after Live + 7 was lucky to scrape a 1.3 or a 1.4.
                most eps in the first half of s4 got 1.2's and 1.3's after live +7

That was good enough back then (and yes I've heard the '100 episodes' and 'writers strike' arguments before, but there was such a leap in viewership during mid season 4 that even if they WERE true, it would be of no significance now)
                301 NML -> 1.9 million viewers
                401 Adrift -> 2 million viewers
                501 S&R -> 2.4 million viewers

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                I have to agree that Malozzi is laying it on pretty thick. If getting a high rating for an individual episode is evidence of quality, what was the steady decline in ratings over the previous three episodes--which he never said a word about--evidence of? Lack of quality?
                you mean The Queen, Tracker and FC? what about it? a 1.3 or 1.2 are ok live +sd ratings and we know the reason for FC's 1.1

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                I would advise him against aligning ratings with "quality". High or low ratings are often evidence of good or bad circumstances, or as you said, it being a "special" episode. Let's see what the ratings will be next week.

One thing I'm fairly certain of is that if they aren't really good, Malozzi won't say a word, just as he was silent about the previous episodes.
                I'd say he only mentions ep ratings if they're surprisingly good

Yawn

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                I think Atlantis had two 0.9s in season 4?

There were leaks, though...
                correct, DG and TR got a 1.0 for live +sd

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                and yet Adrift managed to get a 1.4 and both Lifeline and Midway a 1.3 after live +7
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  you mean The Queen, Tracker and FC? what about it? a 1.3 or 1.2 are ok live +sd ratings and we know the reason for FC's 1.1
                  That's exactly my point. There are other reasons besides quality that cause ratings to go up and down.

Also, going up and down is a sign of disloyalty, not loyalty for the viewers.

If viewers were absolutely loyal, the ratings would be the same every single week.

The reason an individual episode spikes is because people who aren't viewers every week happened to watch THAT episode.

Comment

What I've done is put down by 5 for both Ghost hunters and Moonlight and put negative comments on both shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron Atlantis View Post
                      What I've done is put down by 5 for both Ghost hunters and Moonlight and put negative comments on both shows.
                      You do realise that putting any comment, even if negative, increases the programmes rating?

But I don't think this is the thread for HeyNeilson ratings
                      What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Will we know the result of the re-run of First Contact, when they aired it again at night? Because if it has +0,2-0,3, than we can admit that FC could have reached 1,4-1,5.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

SGA/Sanctuary - SciFi Wire: Ratings for 'The Lost Tribe' & "Fata Morgana':

At SciFi Wire:

Top Ten SciFi Channel Shows

Ghost Hunters---------------2.0
                          Sanctuary-----------------1.6 - Fata Morgana
                          Stargate Atlantis----------1.5 - The Lost Tribe

Destination Truth------------1.4
                          Crazy Eights----------------1.2
                          Lake Dead------------------1.2
                          ECW------------------------1.2
                          Swamp Devil----------------1.1
                          Needful Things--------------1.0
                          Never Cry Werewolf---------0.9

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 10/6/08 to 10/12/08

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Lol, told you...
                            sigpic

Comment

Ouch, I thought Sanctuary's ratings would drop after that abysmal premier, but I didn't think it would be that much of a nose dive...

Comment

Sanctuary's "nose dive" is normal. SGA itself went from 3.2 to 2.5 in similar circumstances. What isn't normal is a rather inexpensive newbie show "nose dive" and still do better than every episode of expensive Atlantis in the last two seasons and lift the veteran show's rating in the process. If Sanctuary stays in the 1.5/1.6 range, season 2 is a done deal.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X