Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I could help with the ratings, but alas, I can't.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

** Please note This thread is not a place to celebrate low ratings and provoke the fans when SGA dips in numbers. This thread is a source of information for those who want to know how SGA is fairing compared to the rest of the market and how ratings are read correctly**

Thanks!
      You are incorrect Brian. This is an OPEN discussion thread. You want something to be one sided only, you take it to the compliments and praise only thread.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        You are incorrect Brian. This is an OPEN discussion thread. You want something to be one sided only, you take it to the compliments and praise only thread.
        Provoking and baiting is border-line trolling and should not be allowed.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          But you have a dog on your avatar!

I wanted to ask, why will they not show Eureka and Atlantis together? Will Eureka begin later at this summer? Because I studied the SciFi Channel's schedule and I could see only Dr. Who. At least they could put Joan of Arcadia into the 09:00 PM slot.
          Hmmm, well Eureka and SGA have always been a Summer show. It was actually odd for SGA to air in the Fall last season. They are both great drama shows and I hope they both do very well.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            So what is your guess for the Season 5 premiere for live and Live+7?
            I think a 1.4 and at least 1.9 million viewers for live +sd is definitely possible, maybe even a 1.5. s4 aired in the fall, there was a lot of competition. the leak shouldn't affect the ratings much imo

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
            I think it deserves a 2.5! But I'm guessing hmmmm, 1.4?
            LOL a 2.5 would be awesome
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

With the first half of season five already on film, what would you say will be the turning point for viewers and ratings while continuing the second half and potentially a sixth season?

Joseph Mallozzi: The turning point? It’s not so much a turning point but a build from last year’s strong finish. I don’t recall off the top of my head what the numbers were but I know that Last Man -- our season finale -- finished very strongly.

And hopefully that’s something we can continue with the premiere: Search and Rescue and I’m sure some of you may have seen it along with the few thousand who happened to be cruising You Tube over the weekend or a couple of - last weekend.

And the reaction was overwhelming, positive from what I saw. I think it’s awfully indicative of what’s to come this season, a variety of action, character development, just hopefully what the fans have grown to love and really desire from the show.
              http://www.monstersandcritics.com/sm...rgate_Atlantis
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that post Jumper, I'd green ya but I cannot now, so I'll owe ya one!

Oh and for the record a 1.8 HH rating with 2.6 Million viewers is "Very Strongly"
                sigpic

Comment

What were the ratings for the S4 opener and the mid season premier? I'd like a point of comparison.

I think it will definitely be lower than TLM ratings.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  This year will be fantastic, because every episode seems to be interesting. If SciFi advertises them more frequently with better trailers, than I hope a good LIVE 1,3-1,4 average can be reached.
                  Well they aren't doing very well advertising that the season is premiering in several days, imo. I don't like the commercials they are running...or single commercial as it seems to be the only one I ever see. (the one with the drum cadence)
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                    What were the ratings for the S4 opener and the mid season premier? I'd like a point of comparison.
                    401 Adrift: live +sd -> 1.2 (1.7 million viewers); live+7 -> 1.4 (2 million viewers)

411 BAMSR: live +sd -> 1.4 (2 million viewers); live +7 -> 1.6 (2.3 million viewers)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      401 Adrift: live +sd -> 1.2 (1.7 million viewers); live+7 -> 1.4 (2 million viewers)

411 BAMSR: live +sd -> 1.4 (2 million viewers); live +7 -> 1.6 (2.3 million viewers)
                      Thanks.

I think it will probably hang around those numbers, but I don't think it will pull a 1.5 or higher.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post

I believe BAMSR topped out at 2.4 Million dude.

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

I think it will definitely be lower than TLM ratings.

Well they aren't doing very well advertising that the season is premiering in several days, imo. I don't like the commercials they are running...or single commercial as it seems to be the only one I ever see. (the one with the drum cadence)
                        Atlantis doesn't really need the crazy promotion like shows like BSG gets. Stargate has always had a good solid fan base. Several eps in the 2nd half of Season 4 broke records including one episode having some of the best key demo numbers since the series premiere.

Remember a rating point is only as good as the knowledge that comes within it.
                        sigpic

Comment

I PM'd you
                          sigpic

Comment

Atlantis doesn't really need the crazy promotion like shows like BSG gets. Stargate has always had a good solid fan base. Several eps in the 2nd half of Season 4 broke records including one episode having some of the best key demo numbers since the series premiere.

Remember a rating point is only as good as the knowledge that comes within it.
                            Well I've never been very big into ratings myself.

So Skiffy doesn't care enough to get people pumped up for the premier? Just because Stargate has a solid fan base is not much of a reason for the pitiful advertising campaign before the summer premier. Isn't the object to attract more viewers? Not that I really care all that much seeing as how I have always been a part of that solid fan base and will watch the show no matter what I think about it. So I don't need any commercials at all to remind me to watch, but I quite enjoyed the BSG ones this year even though I didn't need them to remind me it was coming back.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Provoking and baiting is border-line trolling and should not be allowed.
                              provocatively pro AND against posts are not conducive to discussion. My point is, it's not your place to dictate what should/should not be allowed in this thread. Especially since we already have thriving for and against threads already in existence
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

1.4 sounds about right to me, 1.3 wouldn't be the end of the world but I think a 1.2 would spell doom.

Comment

Working...
                                X