This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I was totally wrong, but this is a good thing, this was Season 3's Box set first week sales...

Season 3

SGA S3 complete season, release date Sept 18th
    Week ending Sept 23rd 2007
    Rank=13
    Units/Week=58,217
    Units/Total=58,217
    Sales/Week=$1,891,470
    Sales/Total=$1,891,470

Season 4

SGA S4 Complete season, released July 9th 2008
    Week ending July 13th 2008
    Units/Week = 89,213
    Units/Total = 89,212
    Sales/Week= 2,853,924
    Sales/Total= 2,853,924

http://the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/weekly/thisweek.php

So yup, not only were ratings higher for Season 4, but so were DVD sales. Sales for the first week were up by more than 50% compared to the Season 3 Boxset.
    someone's making a boatload of money...

To give you an idea of the last 3 premieres..

Season 3 Premiere - 1.5 HH (1.9 Million Viewers)
    Season 4 Premiere - 1.4 HH (2.0 Million Viewers)
    Season 5 Premiere - 1.7 HH (2.4 Million viewers)

*These are all Live+7*
    the numbers are going up
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Is there a record of all the viewing figures anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post

Hope so would like to see it if there is.

Comment

GW has all the live +sd ratings
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah I know that, but I'm after the viewer numbers...

Comment

Yeah I know that, but I'm after the viewer numbers...
              I wish that just one time somebody would send out a press release that just said "2 million people watch the show this week" and get rid of all the damn decimal points
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Here is that Press Release...

http://nbcumv.com/scifi/release_deta...annelhasb.html

Program highlights include:

· The season 5 premiere of Stargate Atlantis on July 11 saw increased viewership averaging 1.3 million adults 18-49, 1.4 million adults 25-54, and 2.4 million total viewers. This was Atlantis' best performance since the season 4 finale in March 2008. This is above the Season 4 average by +20% in adults 18-49, by +22% in adults 25-54, and by +22% in total viewers.

· The mid-season premiere of Ghost Hunters International on July 9 averaged 1.4 million adults18-49, 1.5 million adults 25-54, and 2.4 million total viewers marking the best performances in these demos since the series premiered in January 2008.

· The triumphant return of Scare Tactics hosted by Tracy Morgan on July 9 in the 10pm hour delivered 646,000 adults 18-34, 1.2 million adults 18-49, 1.2 million adults 25-54, and 2.1 million total viewers. This is a series high performance among adults 18-34. Both episodes also delivered the best performances for Scare Tactics in all key demos for any episode since the initial series premiere on April 4, 2003.

Please note all data includes the most current blend of Live+7 and Live+SD.
                It's good to see SGA on the top!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                  It's clever spin for "the premier did not get as high a rating as the last original episode aired."

If you didn't know that only reruns have aired since the season 4 finale, you might be impressed. Otherwise, it just means that the show is picking up at a slightly lower level than when it left off.
                  I disagree with that assessment.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

great you found it, thanks
                    sigpic

Comment

It figures if anybody would find it, you would. That's a little easier for me to understand.

Let's hope the numbers keep going up.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                        Agreed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                          It figures if anybody would find it, you would. That's a little easier for me to understand.

Well I think SGA is pretty good for the first 3 eps. I do hope DV pulls in some good numbers since the ad is really interesting, imo.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well I think SGA is pretty good for the first 3 eps. I do hope DV pulls in some good numbers since the ad is really interesting, imo.
                            I'm sure it will.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Yeah I don't read a lot of spoilers so the preview at the end of BT is the first I'd really heard or seen about DV and just from that I'm really looking forward to it.

Comment

Is there any news about the rating of The Seed and Broken Ties?
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X