Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*frowns* OK, I can see the failure in logic there. LOL! Anyway, I have no issues with you, teddybrown, because you're just repeating info you thought was of interest to SG fans from a site you thought was reliable. The folks adding to Wiki, however, go beyond "hey, did you hear?" and present random bits, wild rumors and entirely made-up details as factual information. That's when it all starts to go wrong.

Anyway, this is probably digressing from the topic. The Vegas ep? Makes my skin crawl. Way to cutesy, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      *frowns* OK, I can see the failure in logic there. LOL! Anyway, I have no issues with you, teddybrown, because you're just repeating info you thought was of interest to SG fans from a site you thought was reliable. The folks adding to Wiki, however, go beyond "hey, did you hear?" and present random bits, wild rumors and entirely made-up details as factual information. That's when it all starts to go wrong.

Anyway, this is probably digressing from the topic. The Vegas ep? Makes my skin crawl. Way to cutesy, IMO.
      No issues taken Shadow
      Ill still use Wikipedia in the future but maybe wont post much of whats on there onto here
      I think most of the eps in Season 5 sound good and i think it may be a good season

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        Just as an FYI, I wouldn't go around quoting Wikipedia as a reliable source. It can, after all, be updated by any moron with a computer and there is zero fact-checking about stuff like this, whether it's from the Wiki gurus or even from the original posters, themselves. I've seen some pretty outlandish (and utterly WRONG) "spoilers" posted on Wiki before. If that's your only source for something, you're better off not saying anything until you can find a RELIABLE and ACCURATE confirmation from a person/site that actually has more than two brain cells to rub together and preferably one who has a connection to the show or some other way to verify details. There are sites other than Gateworld that have reliable spoilers, but Wiki sure as hell isn't one of them.
        Wikipedia is very unreliable for the reasons you quoted. I've seen some entries which just make me shake my head. However, not everybody knows that, but now, forewarned is forearmed, or whatever.

Comment

Working...
        X