Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they want to keep the show's separate, that's fine. I would at least like to see some dialogue on why the Ori Priors can't help out though. Personally, I don't get why the shows have to be that separate. It was never an issue when Star Trek would have a race of aliens from one show appear on another. Infact, it was expected. Alien races were rarely unique to one show with a few notable exceptions. I just don't see why having Ori Priors in a few Atlantis episodes would be a bad idea. They already did one with a Goa'uld.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Or they just want to keep the 2 series separate, storyline wise, as so many whiny fans wanted them to.
      I really don't care anymore. RCC once said(when he talked about AoT and ascended) that will never explain some things. I'm not suprised that TPTB won't introduce Ori armies into SGA or even mention them.

I have better shows to watch
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        I really don't care anymore. RCC once said(when he talked about AoT and ascended) that will never explain some things. I'm not suprised that TPTB won't introduce Ori armies into SGA or even mention them.

I have better shows to watch
        So why watch Atlantis at all? Why spend time whining about it on the internet if it's so crap?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          So why watch Atlantis at all? Why spend time whining about it on the internet if it's so crap?
          I've spent almost four years by watching it, at least I want to know how it will end. Plus, my favorite show will air after summer, BSG will air next january (probably) and Caprica? who knows.

there's nothing better than SGA whis summer
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
            If they want to keep the show's separate, that's fine. I would at least like to see some dialogue on why the Ori Priors can't help out though. Personally, I don't get why the shows have to be that separate. It was never an issue when Star Trek would have a race of aliens from one show appear on another. Infact, it was expected. Alien races were rarely unique to one show with a few notable exceptions. I just don't see why having Ori Priors in a few Atlantis episodes would be a bad idea. They already did one with a Goa'uld.
            In Trek, everything was set in the same galaxy so it required no explanation when one series stumbled across a race introduced in another series.
            With Stargate, there would have to be a reason for the Ori to turn up. Personally, I think the Ori followers all returned to their galaxy after AoT to sort themselves out and therefore are not available to help us.

Besides, PTB will never win. If they don't bring the Ori in to Atlantis, some people will complain as they think it would be cool for them to turn up. If they do, a much more vocal bunch of fans will accuse them of running out of ideas, ripping off SG-1, etc.

The whole point of AoT was to end the Ori arc, to introduce the Ori in to Atlantis would defeat that point.
            Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
            Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              See, I can understand if someone has a complaint here and there. Like you don't care for Weir and I don't care for say Larrin. Some folks just have nothing postive at all to say. I think it is just time to move on when someone has nothing nice or positive to say about the show. That is just my opinion and no offense to anyone.

With BSG you'll see me complain more. Why? BSG is hyped up to be the best SCI FI show of all time or something like that. The expectations due to multiple media is through the roof. They have more to prove unlike SGA which is just a fun exciting SCI FI/Action/Drama/Adventure/Comic relief show. So when an episode of BSG makes me fall asleep I will be very criticial. Have even been redded on the BSG forum for having an opinion (Ouch I know). When an episode is amazing I will praise it up and down and say BSG is the best show EVAH!!

SGA last season exceeded my expectations. I was surprised with the outcomes with the characters and the direction. This raises the bar, and Season 5 will have to be even bigger and better for me. so my expectations will be higher for Season 5. I have high hopes they will succeed.

In defense to g.o.d. he does have a positive thing to say and is anticipating something next season. That is........
              Spoiler:
              The Asgards
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k5 View Post
                The whole point of AoT was to end the Ori arc, to introduce the Ori in to Atlantis would defeat that point.
                It didn't stop them from introducing the replicators once again.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  It didn't stop them from introducing the replicators once again.
                  And again....and again

Comment

Yeah, but the replicators are inherently pervasive; they can spring up anywhere and any time because of their nature. This is not true with the other enemies since they usually have a finite domain. There is also the fact that dealing with replicators don't require a lot of backstory or exposition. Just blow 'em up.

And the Asurans are not the Milky Way reps (not part of that storyline), whose story ended with Reckoning.

Comment

And the Asurans are not the Milky Way reps (not part of that storyline)...
                      They walk, talk, replicate and act like replicators... It's easier to use something that you know, than to create something new. A different storyline with the same premise.

They could easily do the same with the Ori, except AoT solved that issue.

Comment

I really dislike that argument. Yes, we get it, they're both replicators. That means nothing. How many human enemies have we gotten over the years? Hundreds?!

Comment

That means nothing.
                          To me, it does. But okay... we shall agree to disagree.

Comment

hee hee, I love that phrase.
                            sigpic

Comment

I really dislike that argument. Yes, we get it, they're both replicators. That means nothing. How many human enemies have we gotten over the years? Hundreds?!
                              That's all well and good however the main problem with the replicators is that they're boring.

Comment

That's fine. Though I have to wonder if you have a problem with so many human enemies.

Comment

Working...
                                X