Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't help but laugh at that. Can imagine what would happen if McKay was the leader?
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I can't help but laugh at that. Can imagine what would happen if McKay was the leader?
      Yup this.
      Spoiler:
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
        Not really. Weir had diplomatic and leadership experience.
        Not really, her leadership experience must of lasted only a couple of weeks.

Unlike Daniel, she actually brokered several treaties (the writer's must have forgotten about that when writing her character). Daniel is the most qualified to be in Atlantis, but not the leader.
        Daniel brokered the treaty between Earth and the Tok'Ra. Beyond that he's negotiated with funk knows how many aliens races and has lots of experience with gate travel and interplanetary relations, not to mention the fact that he's Earth's foremost expert on the Ancients. Seriously, he's more qualified than Weir ever was, and by a large margin too.

Would you put Daniel in charge of the SGC?
        No, but then I wouldn't have put a diplomat with zero relevant experience like Weir in charge either.

Comment

Weir, not qualified?! Are you mad!
          I'm actaully coming around to Woolsey being leader, at first I hated the idea but I think it could be ok.
          I couldn't see Daniel being leader either, maybe an adviser, like in New Order, but not leader.
          I know it was only a joke but if they put Chuck in charge I'd stop watching, I HATE Chuck.
          sigpic
          Ten Years, A Lot Of Enemies, A Presumed Death, A Complete Back Story Rewrite....But Still Looking Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
            Not really. Weir had diplomatic and leadership experience. Unlike Daniel, she actually brokered several treaties (the writer's must have forgotten about that when writing her character). Daniel is the most qualified to be in Atlantis, but not the leader. Would you put Daniel in charge of the SGC?
            Ummmmm..... Mehbe I'm not thinking right, but didn't he along with a few others broker the alliance with the Asgard? If so, doesn't that count for a bit more than a couple treaties?

The thing is, Daniel has never been given true leadership ability, and probably for good reason. As Ganos Lal said, he thinks and speaks from his heart. While your heart never leads you wrong, others may be quick to take advantage of that.

KlaxxonBlue

Comment

Originally posted by Frontastic View Post
              I know it was only a joke but if they put Chuck in charge I'd stop watching, I HATE Chuck.
              Nobody hates Chuck!!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                He's a hell of a lot more qualified than Weir ever was.
                and Woolsey ever will be
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Daniel opened the Gate, played a leadership role in Abydos, has more degrees than McKay, (smarter too). Has 14 years plus of off world experience, which includes negotiations, POW, voicing his opinion against Jacks' and BEING right.

Daniel is more than qualified to be the leader of Atlantis and is certainly more qualified than Woosley who has done nothing but quote laws and regulations.

He's more qualified than Weir and the reason he didn't go to Atlantis according to show canon is because JACK wouldn't let him go becuase Daniel was needed here!

IMO he was as qualified as Carter, if not more!

The only person I would like to see on Atlantis as leader OTHER than Daniel from SG-1 would be Hammond!
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                    Daniel opened the Gate, played a leadership role in Abydos, has more degrees than McKay, (smarter too). Has 14 years plus of off world experience, which includes negotiations, POW, voicing his opinion against Jacks' and BEING right.

Daniel is more than qualified to be the leader of Atlantis and is certainly more qualified than Woosley who has done nothing but quote laws and regulations.

He's more qualified than Weir and the reason he didn't go to Atlantis according to show canon is because JACK wouldn't let him go becuase Daniel was needed here!

The only person I would like to see on Atlantis as leader OTHER than Daniel from SG-1 would be Hammond!
                    exactly!
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

I agree. Daniel has shown that he has true leadership qualities. He has always been a take charge character, ever since the movie when he saved Jack's life and organised the people of Abydos to overthrow Ra. I think he would make an excellent leader of Atlantis. I loved Weir but if she really had to go, and I don't want to start that thing up again but if she did, then Daniel would have been the logical choice to replace her.

I have no idea why they chose Carter and now Woolsey.

Of course, Jack would never let Daniel get that far away from him, long distance relationships are a pain in the neck!
                      sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

I would not say that Daniel is smarter than Rodney or Sam. He maybe smarter in his chosen fields, but that does not mean he is smarter overall.

Really I would not like anymore sg1 members becoming regulars on Atlantis. Carter, I felt was a shadow of her former self (from my limited knowledge of her) I dont see as yet how Woolie boy is going to fit, but thats tuff as thats what we have got. if they then changed Wooley for Daniel id wonder whats so difficult about this position that no one can hold it down for any length of time

if wooley doesnt continue this role into the following season (if that happens) I for one would like to see someone new.
                        sigpic
                        banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                          Chuck would be the perfect leader of Atlantis. Yes, Chuck.
                          I thought he already is a leader of Atlantis. In S4, I usually saw him and the team, without anyone else - so I assumed that he was their boss

And no, not Daniel. I don´t mind him being in Atlantis for few episodes but not as a leader. I don´t think they should put any SG1 character into major role in SGA. They tried it last year and it didn´t work. And, Daniel really isn´t a leading material. They had someone very similar there - with leading abilities - Elizabeth. Even after such long time, I don´t understand why did they do what they did.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            Not really, her leadership experience must of lasted only a couple of weeks.
                            I can't believe I'm actually going to defend Weir but I actually have grown to like her character up until First Strike. She acted like a baby in that ep and Torri's behavior is enough to make me loose respect for the character. However she was qualified to run the expedition with her negotiating skills and knowledge of the Ancients however she was not qualified to make military decisions and one of the reasons I don't like her behavior in First Strike. However the military should have at least consulted her.

Daniel brokered the treaty between Earth and the Tok'Ra. Beyond that he's negotiated with funk knows how many aliens races and has lots of experience with gate travel and interplanetary relations, not to mention the fact that he's Earth's foremost expert on the Ancients. Seriously, he's more qualified than Weir ever was, and by a large margin too.
                            His knowledge of the Ancients is far superior but other than that no Weir was more qualified from a negotiation standpoint.

No, but then I wouldn't have put a diplomat with zero relevant experience like Weir in charge either.
                            A civilian shouldn't have been put in charge but she did have plenty of experience to draw from.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                              I thought he already is a leader of Atlantis. In S4, I usually saw him and the team, without anyone else - so I assumed that he was their boss

And no, not Daniel. I don´t mind him being in Atlantis for few episodes but not as a leader. I don´t think they should put any SG1 character into major role in SGA. They tried it last year and it didn´t work. And, Daniel really isn´t a leading material. They had someone very similar there - with leading abilities - Elizabeth. Even after such long time, I don´t understand why did they do what they did.
                              I would remove entire SGA team from the show and replace them with Cam, Vala, Daniel and Teal'c. I miss Vala
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                His knowledge of the Ancients is far superior but other than that no Weir was more qualified from a negotiation standpoint.
                                Negotiations can be very easy if you have superior firepower like we have with out ships
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X