• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Listy View Post
    Thanks Andreas

So much better than the last effort
    I agree

Mind you, I'm no expert on the photo shipping front by any means, but surely it wasn't difficult to do a better job than those last promo shots?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
      I agree

Mind you, I'm no expert on the photo shipping front by any means, but surely it wasn't difficult to do a better job than those last promo shots?
      ITA, I am pants at photo shop, but even I can manage to put peoples feet on the ground

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
        ITA, I am pants at photo shop, but even I can manage to put peoples feet on the ground
        In all fairness, I couldn't put their feet on the ground! But I'm not a professional...and neither was the person who photoshopped those original promo shots, I'd guess! Well, I hope they weren't, or if I were SciFi, I'd demand my money back!
        sigpic

Comment

Got to agree with you there the photos almost make me want to scream if they are going to spend Money on Promos you would think that they would at least do Decent ones
          Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Andreas, will we be seeing any more episodic photography? The ones we got were great.

Comment

The picture would be cool, but they used the MW gate!
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I'll be honest, I don't like this picture much better than the others!
                If it wasn't for the exceptionally poor quality of the photoshopping in the first set this latest promo would be raked over the coals, for reasons many have pointed out. It is as if the "artist" put in all that water spray to cover the fact they can't do shadows or blend or ...
                The characters aren't wet.
                The gate is not an Atlantean gate
                Teyla's head is not from the same pic as her body
                Rodney and Keller look like they are in severe pain
                So in contrast to the other pics, this isn't so bad, but as a stand-alone promo shot it still sucks! IMHO only

Comment

Originally posted by Repli!kat View Post
                  I'll be honest, I don't like this picture much better than the others!
                  If it wasn't for the exceptionally poor quality of the photoshopping in the first set this latest promo would be raked over the coals, for reasons many have pointed out. It is as if the "artist" put in all that water spray to cover the fact they can't do shadows or blend or ...
                  The characters aren't wet.
                  The gate is not an Atlantean gate
                  Teyla's head is not from the same pic as her body
                  Rodney and Keller look like they are in severe pain
                  So in contrast to the other pics, this isn't so bad, but as a stand-alone promo shot it still sucks! IMHO only
                  Well, Teyla, Rodney, and possibly Jennifer look to have some random water droplets sprayed onto their jackets, but that's about it.

I'm not a big fan of this.

Is it really so hard to get the cast together for a few hours and take a few good promo shots in the Atlantis Gate Room with the Atlantis stargate?

The concept is cool, and I feel like if the characters were actually wet we'd all be complaining about SGA promos becoming SGA swimsuit calendar editions, but they can do much better than this IMO.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                    but they can do much better than this IMO.
                    Only because it just can't get worse
                    Mia: Don't you hate that?
                    Vincent: Hate what?
                    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I still don't like the MW stargate. It wasn't accidentally, because they colored the chevrons and they thought "that was be enough good the fans". Not for me. They used the MW gate on Atlantis's franchise items, so they had to learn from this mistake. They are still continuing to make gates with 8 chevron on the show. And sometimes the two side of the Pegasus gates are the same. I can't accept this mistake after 5 year! I can't believe why they are not able to harmonize the model of the gate in the different CGI effect maker teams. I discovered that the Atlantis model isn't the same either, because the number of the towers is changing. They are getting so many money for the CGI animations, so I expect a better job from the crew this year without this problems.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

New (and previously provided by Andreas [thank you, Andreas!] or variations of photos provided by Andreas) photos for The Seed from NBCU:

Spoiler:

NEW

(Thats Lindo Ko as Nurse Marie again!)

Variations

Previously provided

Last edited by morjana; 03 July 2008, 05:22 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

ooh niiice thanks morjana
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Those are great! Thanks Morjana.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              The picture would be cool, but they used the MW gate!
                              Hey, I didn't notice that! Good eye.

Comment

[QUOTE=morjana;8517172]New (and previously provided by Andreas [thank you, Andreas!] or variations of photos provided by Andreas) photos for The Seed from NBCU:[/quote}

Thanks to Dryope for posting those photos. You can find the original sizes at her LJ if you like large sized shots.

Comment

Working...
                                X