This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnDuh View Post
    Of course there will be a season 6 and 7 - there is money in them there puddlejumpers
    After seeing the final numbers for Season 4.5, and if Season 5 continues the trend, Season 6 should be in the the bag, imo.
    sigpic

Comment

I don't think there'll be a season 7, and to be honest considering how much Atlantis costs to make I'll be surprised if there's a season 6 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        I don't think there'll be a season 7, and to be honest considering how much Atlantis costs to make I'll be surprised if there's a season 6 as well.
        I agree about 7, but Season 6 would still have the cast under the current contract, including Jason M. It would be Season 7 when new contracts are made aka higher budgets. According to Joe M, Atlantis has not eached that point of being very expensive to produce like SG-1 was in S10. Right now, SCI FI will have no other solid drama series for Friday once BSG ends. Dr. Who and SJA are not exactly striking up stellar numbers.
        sigpic

Comment

NO.....please don't do this.....
          more cool characters leaving Atlantis...

sigpic
          ----------------------------
          Stars are not the limit.....
          The galaxies are not the limit....
          Your imagination have the last word...

----------------------------

Raziel...

Comment

Originally posted by Raziel View Post
            NO.....please don't do this.....
            more cool characters leaving Atlantis...

relax, Jason won't leave for at least another season and by then he might've changed his mind
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I don't think there'll be a S7. Although anything's possible I suppose. But if they do get that far, I wouldn't be surprised if Jason wasn't the only one leaving. Joe Flanigan sounded a little bit like the weekly commute was starting to wear on him in his last interview with Stargate Magazine, and I'll be a little surprised if he re-signs after he finishes his six year contract. David and Rachel will be finishing their contracts as well - who knows? David obviously has no problem finding other projects to keep him busy. I don't know if Rachel has anything else going on.

Plus - considering what happened to SG-1 in its later years? I'm not sure I want Atlantis to go much longer. I'd be happy with six years and no more (maybe less - we'll see how this season goes ).
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Green to Ripple In Space!!

Also, on a small notion... Why season 7? Unlike the others who signed a 6-year contract at the beginning of season 1, Jason doesn't have 6 years on there.... Just a thought. If he leaves, it might be sooner than season 7 (which I might add is highly unlikely of ever being made professionally).
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Also, on a small notion... Why season 7?
                  because...
                  "[I] wouldn't say I'm sick of [Ronon] yet," Momoa said. "But one more [season], and I'll probably be good. I'm 28 now. I'll be 30. ... It's just time to move on, and I'll want to play something else."
                  http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...tlantisi.shtml

Unlike the others who signed a 6-year contract at the beginning of season 1, Jason doesn't have 6 years on there.... Just a thought. If he leaves, it might be sooner than season 7 (which I might add is highly unlikely of ever being made professionally).
                  it will depend on s5's ratings and viewers and of course SCI FI. we'll see it's way too early to talk about s7
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Its not so much GW but forum members taking one line from Jason Momoa way out of proportion. It is way way too soon to speculate on a S7. A lot can happen in those two seasons. Theorotically if their is a S7 I won't be surprised if the Ronon is still killiing our green friends.
                    Very well said.

Season 5 is still shooting, we don’t know if there will be a season 6 and yet there is a lot of speculation about something that might happen in season 7 if there is a season 7. I think for now I am just going to enjoy season 5 and I will wait to see if there is a season 6 before I worry or speculate about a season 7 which is what, almost 2 years away?
                    Last edited by EdenSG; 21 May 2008, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Also, on a small notion... Why season 7? Unlike the others who signed a 6-year contract at the beginning of season 1, Jason doesn't have 6 years on there.... Just a thought. If he leaves, it might be sooner than season 7 (which I might add is highly unlikely of ever being made professionally).
                      Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      because...

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...tlantisi.shtml

it will depend on s5's ratings and viewers and of course SCI FI. we'll see it's way too early to talk about s7
                      Thanks Jumper, I was about to rebuttle FH's post. Because he is for sure not talking about Season 5 being the last.

Now Season 7 like I said is going to be very hard to get to, imo. Yes, I am being realistic for once. Reason is, like Killdeer said, all new contracts. Still, I read a lot of interviews from the cast that they are pleased and are loving their character's direction. So who knows. Mr. Momoa may be challenged and he could very well defintley stay. Let's not count our chickens before they've hatched.

As per Season 6, A decision will be based on Season 4.5 and the first half of Season 5's numbers. For the record the Season 4 finale "The Last Man" attracted 2.6 total million viewers and scored a 1.8 HH Rating. Nearly 400,000 more viewers than the Season 3 finale. YES, THE POWER OF THE RATINGS SHALL SET YOU FREE.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                        With Ronon leaving in season 7 I guess they'll have to bring Teal'c in to replace him... And Teal'c can't leave the Milky Way without his best buddies Jack and Daniel. Carter will probably already be in Pegasus commanding a BattleCruiser... Hey that might make for and interesting dynamic--Jack, Daniel, Carter & Teal'c--it just might work. Rodney & Shepp could still help, but they are outranked an outclassed... they'd be welcomed in at least 12 eps per season.

people who didnt detect sarcasam in that need a lobotomy.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          Same goes for 6.

Originally posted by farcue View Post
                          people who didnt detect sarcasam in that need a lobotomy.
                          I'm sure most of us noticed. Ripple In Space must be known for it by now.

But that doesn't mean, we can't discuss it, right?
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Same goes for 6.
                            Really? A possible pick-up is only a few months away. After the ratings s4 ended on, I think it is a VERY good possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                              Really? A possible pick-up is only a few months away. After the ratings s4 ended on, I think it is a VERY good possibility.
                              I would have to agree.
                              sigpic

Comment

I must admit, the whole Dr Beckett carry on has made me start to see these kinds of situations in a different light.

I stopped watching Atlantis after The Return Part II. I knew what was brewing, as word had already leaked out about Sunday. After that, I no longer had access to Sky One anyway, so I couldn't see Atlantis (except for buying or hiring the DVD's) if I wanted too. - Reading transcripts on Gateworld has not inspired me! - I did get the chance to watch First Strike, and that just put me off even more.

As a result, I look back on Seasons 1 and 2 and find I can still thoroughally enjoy them, and get an inkling of what might have been, had the series not drastically changed in the way it did. - I guess what I am saying is, don't panic about season 6 /7, when we you haven't really had time to properly digest season 5 yet.

If Mr Momoa does decide to leave the series prior to it ending, (which I doubt, I can't see Atlantis's narrative going 7 years) that will leave at least five years with him as Ronon involved. Some tv series in their entirity (The Bionic Woman, Battlestar Galactica - both versions, and Blade the Series all spring to mind) don't get that long!

Enjoy the journey while its still ongoing!
                                Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                                Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X