Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep in mind tho that it's not the Wraith that destroyed the Midway station, but the writers of the episode . So why'd they rebuild it?
    Mia: Don't you hate that?
    Vincent: Hate what?
    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
      Elaborate! I would give you green for that but i have dealt too much out in the last 24 hours! It would be awesome to see Atlantis return to Earth, although this would probably ,mean the revealing of the Stargate Program! I dont know tho, Teyla would probably kick up a fuss, saying that Atlanits is sacred to the PG human civilizations...
      good thought on Teyla!...

the Wraith build their own Midway... so they can invade the Milky Way and eventually Earth...

i've always thought that SGA should end with Atlantis returning to Earth... and the closing shot being of Jack O'Neill addressing the world from Stargate Base Command, Atlantis, Antarctica...

i also think that bring the show into the Milky Way for the last few episodes of the series, would be a great way to make the finale more epic, and more SG1-esque, and thus, imho, better... than if they stayed in Pegasus... staying in Pegasus would just keep it, to me, as a run-of-the-mill scifi show... bringing it to the milky way and earth would return SGA to its roots: SG1, earth, and the modern-day... (it just doesn't seem like the modern day in PG... seems like the future to me)

the only problem with the entire Wraith civilization - queens and all - relocating to the Milky Way is exposure... if they were smart, and the writers can make them smart, they'd have to send out scouts... maybe have Michael perfect his cloning so they can use human scouts instead of wraith... after all, the Wraith's goal would be to become strong enough to overpower earth... but show their hand too soon, and they'd be wiped out... don't forget they'd have to deal with Earth and the Jaffa...

so they send out Michael's clone scouts who do recon work in the MW far away from earth... and find a suitable planet to gate the civilization to... one that's unpopulated and isolated and otherwise presumably ignored by earth...

once there, they build their own iris over the gate, thus preventing SGC from gating in...

in the meantime, thanks to Dr. CloneBeckett and Michael's work, they've perfect a Wraith reverse-retro virus... capable of converting those infected into Wraith - great way to build numbers...

then they proceed to start attacking worlds that are unguarded by Earth and the Jaffa... they send through entire armies to the planets, to overrun the populations... half are taken for food, the other half are converted to wraith

their expansion rate becomes exponential, and within two months they have reached the point where they have enough armies to start openly engaging the Jaffa while they finish up building new, stronger hive ships... with shields

by the time Atlantis realizes that the Wraith are gone, and McKay finds the Wraith buffer relay code, and thus the Wraith Midway... the Wraith have their entire fleet operational and have begun to overrun the Jaffa... forcing them to contact Earth for help...

once word of this reaches the IOA, 3 teams of Navy SEALs and General Caldwell arrive in Atlantis... Caldwell is given command of Atlantis with 1 mission: acquire as many ZPMs as possible in 2 weeks, at any cost (which is what the SEALs are for) and then return Atlantis to Earth to protect it from the impending Wraith invasion...
      the SEALs have gone back through SGA's mission reports and start locating ZPMs... and acquire them, much to the chagrin of Teyla, McKay, Keller, and others (recall that some ZPMs were used to protect planets, etc...)...
      Teyla becomes increasingly dissatisfied with Caldwell and Sheppard who's now Caldwell's XO and actually toting the military line for once, and the IOA... she feels that Atlantis is betraying the entire PG galaxy by leaving, and leaves Atlantis...

Atlantis fires up the Star Drive and returns to Antarctica...
      the return of Atlantis activates a previously undetected ancient metropolis beneath the ice (maybe shifted out of phase for its protection)... complete with a vast supply of drones, and a couple of Aurora class battlecruisers...

Sheppard mans the Atlantis chair while the entire Earthen Space Fleet (complete with the new Auroras) take up station around the solar system in order to ward off the invasion...

all the while, the civilians of Atlantis are continually fighting Caldwell and his new policies (ZPM acquisition... the establishment of martial law in Atlantis... and... the DRAFTING of the entire Atlantis expedition into US Military service... thanks to a super-fine print clause in their contracts)... Ronon finds himself caught in the middle of fighting the Wraith and having abandonded Teyla and the PG...

Then the war begins...

The Earth fleet under the command of General Caldwell coupled with the remaining Free Jaffa fleet under Teal'C's command engage the Wraith fleet while ground battles ensue as well...

Mitchell joins the foray as either a fighter pilot or commander of one of the Auroras...

Sheppard is running the Atlantis chair

while General O'Neill oversees everything from Atlantis...

(Daniel somehow figures into things... don't worry)

in the end, the SGC and IOA cannot hide the invasion, and thus the entire Earth is made aware of it...

the closing shot, as i said, is of O'Neill and Daniel announcing the existence of the Stargate program from Base Command, Atlantis

it'd be a season-long arc dealing with several themes
      1. The classic Atlantis one: civilians vs military
      2. Teyla feeling her people and the PG galaxy are being betrayed by Atlantis - who's to say the entire wraith population is gone and what of the Genii?... Caldwell's response: learn to defend yourselves, we have our own world to defend... and you have to admit, he's got a point...
      3. Self-defense.... but at what cost? The guaranteed destruction of some worlds due to the loss of their ZPMs, etc...
      etc
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
      Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
      Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

add to all of that, the appearance of a few Ancients in Atlantis...

they have broken their vow and entered our plane to prevent the transference of their city back to Earth...

ah, this is where Daniel gets involved...

Daniel is dispatched by O'Neill to negotiate with the Ancients to get them to stay out of the way...

the Ancients do not want their people in Pegasus abandoned... and prepare for an attack on Atlantis to prevent their departure...

in the end Daniel says something to the effect of:

Your assistance against the Ori was desparately needed, and you refused, resulting in the destruction of numerous worlds.
        Your creation of the Asurans and thus the Replicators has led to the extinction of the Asgard.
        You abandoned your people in the Milky Way and the Pegasus galaxies out of fear... fear of the Wraith... and fear of the Ori...
        You abandoned all rights to this city millions of years ago...
        We found it, and we have used it to achieve things you were never able to, and to clean up your messes...

We defeated the Goa'uld
        We defeated the Asurans
        We defeated the Ori
        We defeated the Replicators

Do not make us defeat you as well...

If you continue to interfere, we will engage and defeat you... You abandoned this city, like you abandoned us... and only now that it is lost to you do you desire to have it...

We asked for your alliance and you refused... While we may not have developed technology on our own like you did, we have undeniably proven ourselves far more capable than you in all other aspects...
        The city is ours now... The galaxy is ours... we no longer need your assistance... we are no longer your children... this is the dawn of OUR age in the universe...

We will not engage you unless provoked... but you are no longer welcome in Atlantis...

(this would be great... esp the "dawn of OUR age"... good seguey (sp?) to SGU)

i should go write for SG

Comment

^^^^^ lol u should go write for stargate!

That would be the best story arc of either series IMO, while some would disagree with the moving of Atlantis to MW and abondoning the PG humans, I think I would enjoy it. Coupled with some classic military hardline policies, classic SG1. Remember when Daniel used to complain about the military taking control of everything lol, and McKay always complaining about Sheppard's 'blow-it-up' attitude.

Although I think Daniel would be against most of this because of his morals and Jack would need to force him to confront the Ancients like you mentioned above (great speech by the way, it would give the Ancients something to think about!).

IMO this would give a great send off to SG1 as well as SGA, I noticed you included most characters & i'm sure Landry would feature there, as well as Sam helping to get the ancient ships online.

It would be one massive final episode thats for sure!!!!!!!

Well done!
          Meh.

Comment

thank you... please contact TPTB and let them know i have their finale

Landry and Mitchell would be reduced to cameos...

Caldwell would be running the fleet
            and O'Neill Atlantis...
            no real need for Landry...

as for Carter... well i haven't worked everything out yet... maybe she'll finally marry jack... i'unno....

Comment

lol WTF
              sigpic

Comment

I think they should have it back, but of course with Iris on both gates this time
                sigpic
                Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!!!
                  It would be a benefit to have it but with Wraith numbers increasing and the potential threat of new foes as well as the return of the Asurans financially and tactically building more ships would be of more benefit!

I believe the show needs more dynamics form other countries working under a US lead task force.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                    POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!!!

It would be a benefit to have it but with Wraith numbers increasing and the potential threat of new foes as well as the return of the Asurans financially and tactically building more ships would be of more benefit!

I believe the show needs more dynamics form other countries working under a US lead task force.

no more Asurans...

I think Ark of Truth was a nice swan song for the Replicators...

but quite frankly, i'm sick of them...

when the Asurans are on the show, the Wraith are pretty much forgotten about...

are the Wraith our enemies, our allies, or neutral?

they're enemies when the Asurans are not on the show
                    allies when the Asurans are on the show
                    and neutral when the Asurans are lurking in the background of an episode

i think SGA needs to pick 1 villain and go with it for the rest of the show
                    and stop JohnKerry-ing with the Wraith...

now that Michael's back and more or less a sworn enemy...... if the Asurans come back as the main baddy, that's going to push Michael into the background

i'm convinced TPTB of SGA don't have a clue how to write the show anymore...

Comment

i would have the Wraith rebuild it...

they know about it... all the MW and PG gates are still in the void btwn galaxies
                      Remember a few things. The Wraith have very bad hyperdrives - interstellar, not intergalactic ones. They would need to travel for a really long time - they make jumps - to get to the location for Midway - and they need to get there because they don't have the crystal not the energy required for intergalactic gate traveling. It would also mean they'd have to have food nearby for a long time, just as long as it takes to rebuild that Station over there - which they probably don't have, either.

That one Hive that lay at about the beginning of the McKay-Carter Intergalactic Gate Bridge lost their Queen (Spoils of War) and their Commander (Midway) to the Lanteans. Trying even more things against them would be stupid. Plus they don't know the location of Earth, probably. Only the Wraith present in Midway would, and as you know, that went 'boom' big time.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                        Remember a few things. The Wraith have very bad hyperdrives - interstellar, not intergalactic ones. They would need to travel for a really long time - they make jumps - to get to the location for Midway - and they need to get there because they don't have the crystal not the energy required for intergalactic gate traveling. It would also mean they'd have to have food nearby for a long time, just as long as it takes to rebuild that Station over there - which they probably don't have, either.

That one Hive that lay at about the beginning of the McKay-Carter Intergalactic Gate Bridge lost their Queen (Spoils of War) and their Commander (Midway) to the Lanteans. Trying even more things against them would be stupid. Plus they don't know the location of Earth, probably. Only the Wraith present in Midway would, and as you know, that went 'boom' big time.
                        1. one need not know the exact position of earth to find it... one only need know what galaxy it is in

2. they can always improve their hyperdrive technology... kidnap and torture members of the atlantis expedition... find ford and promise him a LOT of enzyme in exchange for info gathered from infiltrating atlatis again... or they find a way to tap into atlantis's computers again... or they left an undetected subspace wireless backdoor virus on the system...

everything you pointed out is very easily overcome with writing....

Comment

Originally posted by SerpentGuard View Post
                          I wonder if the writers will have the midway station re-built, only this time with an Iris for both gates to prevent any hacking into the system...
                          Midway stations 1, 2 and 3 were destroyed!

Midway station 4 disappared on the day it became operational!

But Midway station 5 will last forever!

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                          Probably not, since the reason why the writers destroyed it in the first place was because it made it the team too easy to return to earth.
                          Sounds like an excuse to cover up lack of ability. Like they always whine about the transporter.

Comment

LOL!

Midway Station 5 was a dream given form, a dream without war, where species from different galaxies could live side by side in mutual respect. A dream that was in danger as never before by the arrival of one man on a mission of destruction.

Midway Station 5 was the last of the Midway stations. This is its story.

sigpic

Comment

they have to rebuild it.. They already have the gates set up. Its simply throwing a space station in there. Ofcourse if they do rebuild it, I'm sure itll be alot bigger, and essentially just be a space ship.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

They won't rebuild it, at least not for quite a while. The writers got rid of it for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X