X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
    Teyla: Where did all my Czech fans go?

I know about two, who used to like Teyla in seasons 1-3. Now, I think I don´t know anybody who would really liked her. There are people who don´t mind but nobody who has her as a favorite...and I know lots of people in a Czech SG fandom.
    It seems to be a phenomenon of Czech fandom, thought and I doubt tptb will hear about it. They should prey for all Czech fans to stay in European conventions - I think we are able to ask really unpleasant questions about everything. Not nice, polite and "why is SGA/Teyla storyline/new enemy in S4/5 so great" questions. Be scared if we will ever get to Comic-Con... (but, hmm, there are a lots of hardcore fans, who would mind, so I think it is not too safe to ask "wrong" questions )

Well i'm not Czech...I'm Scottish and i love Teyla.....She's my very favourite character I really dunno why so many hate her There's way worse characters than her there!
    sigpic

Comment

I think we are able to ask really unpleasant questions about everything.
      As long as those questions stick to the character and not the actor, by all means, ask away.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        As long as those questions stick to the character and not the actor, by all means, ask away.
        Of course about characters, it´s not fault of the actors (but I am not impressed by Rachel´s acting, but I would never say that to her, bc she seems to be a nice person). But we would probably ask more about lame stories, plot holes, non-existing story-arc and other things that we mind.

Originally posted by Linda06
        Well i'm not Czech...I'm Scottish and i love Teyla.....She's my very favourite character I really dunno why so many hate her There's way worse characters than her there!
        Basically - what is in those posts in our forums or what I hear from people - she is annoying, really annoying because she says obvious statements "I am feeling something" and so on. Then, she is an amazon prototype, who offers nothing than a naked belly and legs, showing them in most of promo photos. People also don´t think Rachel can really act. Sorry, but you can like her and everything and God knows I wouldn´t say her this but there are people who think that. And as I said, I am not impressed by her acting as well. But I haven´t seen her in anything else so she could be good somewhere else, who knows.
        I don´t think there are worse characters. I know you think McKay but it´s not true. McKay is useful, one of the most favorite characters. I know that it´s some kind of fashion to complain about "too much space for McKay" every time he opens his mouth now but general fandom likes him.
        You mind whining? Try Keller and her "oh, your people gone missing? Too bad...and did I say that my daddy stayed at home and kids didn´t like me when I was a girl?"
        Seriously, I like Keller and I love Jewel, but sometimes, she is much worse in this. And you can´t say "oh, she is new and she is a woman". I don´t think it´s better at an adult woman to whine, especially at MCO, who should be prepared for extreme situations.
        Phew, OK...I think I am going to watch some old episodes of SGA to calm down...or better, I am going to watch some episodes of Heroes instead

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Basically - what is in those posts in our forums or what I hear from people - she is annoying, really annoying because she says obvious statements "I am feeling something" and so on. Then, she is an amazon prototype, who offers nothing than a naked belly and legs, showing them in most of promo photos. People also don´t think Rachel can really act. Sorry, but you can like her and everything and God knows I wouldn´t say her this but there are people who think that. And as I said, I am not impressed by her acting as well. But I haven´t seen her in anything else so she could be good somewhere else, who knows.
          I don´t think there are worse characters. I know you think McKay but it´s not true. McKay is useful, one of the most favorite characters. I know that it´s some kind of fashion to complain about "too much space for McKay" every time he opens his mouth now but general fandom likes him.
          You mind whining? Try Keller and her "oh, your people gone missing? Too bad...and did I say that my daddy stayed at home and kids didn´t like me when I was a girl?"
          Seriously, I like Keller and I love Jewel, but sometimes, she is much worse in this. And you can´t say "oh, she is new and she is a woman". I don´t think it´s better at an adult woman to whine, especially at MCO, who should be prepared for extreme situations.
          Phew, OK...I think I am going to watch some old episodes of SGA to calm down...or better, I am going to watch some episodes of Heroes instead
          Well i think Rachel has reallly improved greatly since the seasons have gone on.....And from the three eps i've seen so far in S5 she's been brilliant...I don't see any problem with what she wears...I love some of her clothes..

If you want annoying you don't have to look further than McKay.....The way he whines and moans all the time is so.......so......UGH.....Sometimes i just wanna wring his neck....

Well if Teyla and even Ronon got as much screentime as McKay does i'm sure they would have more fans too....But all TPTB seem to be interested in is the Shep/McKay comedy hour most of the time Keller doesn't even whine half as much as Rodney...As soon as he starts i wanna fling the remote at the telly to shut him up

But i guess it's each to their own
          sigpic

Comment

But we would probably ask more about lame stories, plot holes, non-existing story-arc and other things that we mind.
            You'll have to get in line, behind me.

Comment

I find it hard to comment on someone's acting ability when the actors are given so little to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                Well i think Rachel has reallly improved greatly since the seasons have gone on.....And from the three eps i've seen so far in S5 she's been brilliant...I don't see any problem with what she wears...I love some of her clothes..
                » I agree that Rachel has really improved since the first season. But like Toaster said, it can depend on how much material she is given for an episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                  » I agree that Rachel has really improved since the first season. But like Toaster said, it can depend on how much material she is given for an episode.
                  That's true....I don't wanna count my chickens too soon but S5 is looking promising
                  sigpic

Comment

That's true....I don't wanna count my chickens too soon but S5 is looking promising
                    Yup, so far so good, and Woolsey- big surprise for me, really like him so far
                    Wasn't looking forward to him as the new leader, but decided to give him a chance, and he is funny and compassionate.

*97 that's my favourite number, yes it is, my favourite number*
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Can we make that 98?

Comment

Originally posted by Lenas View Post
                        Yup, so far so good, and Woolsey- big surprise for me, really like him so far
                        Wasn't looking forward to him as the new leader, but decided to give him a chance, and he is funny and compassionate.

*97 that's my favourite number, yes it is, my favourite number*
                        Yeah Woolsey surprised me too...I was kinda on the fence with him but i've been pleasantly surprised.....I just hope they don't screw it up after such a promising start!
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah Woolsey surprised me too...I was kinda on the fence with him but i've been pleasantly surprised.....I just hope they don't screw it up after such a promising start!
                          Agreed, I was dubious about Woolsey and Broken Ties seems a little bit of a backwards step, but Picardo can work with very little material (Voyager) and make it seem great!

So I'm happy to see Woolsey stay, Keller however just gets worse with each episode, she's getting unbearable.

Comment

TEYLA in BSG style!!!
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                              TEYLA in BSG style!!!
                              And that is?

Oh no, wait... Airlock!

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                                TEYLA in BSG style!!!
                                Actually my biggest complaint about Teyla is the same one as last year, she contributes what exactly to the major stories? I mean childcare dramas are very topical but dare I say it a little dull and frankly given that if she had decided not to rejoin the team she would have been off the show it was also totally predictable and perhaps could have been dispensed with.

Now I like Teyla as a idea, and I like Rachel Lutrell as an actress, but the reality just never matches up to the concept with the character.

(Though at least Teyla had some thought put into her character originally which is a bit more than can be said for Jennikins)

Comment

Working...
                                X