This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    » "Bag" is a completely inappropriate term, and I don't think Carson was referring to "bagging" Teyla in this scene. It was wistful, not jealously horny.

» It's not just the flirtiness that counts, either, but I'm still not convinced.
    Of course you're not.

» Are you okay with the fact that one of them is lacking brain cells?
    You mean Weir? As I recall, those missing/damaged brain cells were made anew thanks to Keller, McKay, and nanites.

Comment

Going to have to go with Caldwell. Cant stand him. Acts like hes in charge but alwasy acves to pressure from Shep or Sam or whoever. I say he we fly him in to a sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        I know what's with that........Keller doesn't even whine half as much as McKay and isn't nearly as annoying...Oh well.....Oh sweet...Off to checky it outy!

Lorne can slap me any time.......Um did i just say that out loud
        HA! yep you did.

Originally posted by Ancient 1 View Post
        I can't believe Keller is leading in this poll....but then again: I am a hetero male with all that it implies.
        hm yep if you say so. BUT not all of us like/dislike keller for sexual reasons. I am a hetero female who finds the character refreshing.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        You know, it seems a lot of people want Keller gone because she flirts a lot. Well, I've been watching Season 1 of Atlantis and the amount of "flirting" has been hilariously plentiful. Most of these moments involve Sheppard (obviously) and, wait for it...Beckett.

Sheppard:

1. Rising: There was obviously something happening between him and Teyla when they first met, as well as with the necklace thing. Friendly gesture or flirting...you decide.

2. 38 Minutes: At the end, he smiles at the pretty nurse tending to him.

3. Underground: He smiles at Sora, and then dorkily defends himself.

4. Home: Shep sure dreamt up a loooot of hot ladies at his party.

5. Sanctuary: Self-explanatory.

Beckett:

1. Rising: At the end, he laments that he can't bag a hot lady like Teyla.

2. Poisoning the Well: Yeah, I was pretty surprised when I saw this and saw how...entranced Beckett was with Perna. And the dialogue just reinforced that...

You sly dog, you.

3. Sanctuary: Sure, because "Well my dear. It seems you are just as lovely on the inside as you are on the out. If health is synonymous with beauty..." is just a simple compliment.

4. And later he started dating Cadman.

Anyway, if I wasn't convinced that there's a double standard regarding Keller's "flirtatious" attitude before, I sure am now. Beckett was twice the flirt she ever was, while Shep is just in a whoooole other league.

Luckily, I'm ok with the fact that our characters may have sex drives.
        Never try to confuse people with logic... it makes them whine! good points though!

Back ON TOPIC-
        goodbye to the moan-a-minute twins! they should leave for the good of Teyla's baby... they don't want to set a bad example!
        Last edited by Rac80; 21 July 2008, 09:12 AM. Reason: :)

Comment

*Sigh* For, hopefully, the last freaking time.

I dislike Keller because I think she is as interesting as a brick.

Alas, love triangles are not really my thing. Particularly when half of the main cast are involved. Hopefully this thing turns out to be more steam and smoke then anything else, but the amount of times it's been brought up in interviews etc. doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence. Still, I disliked Keller before I heard anything of love triangles, before she flirted with Ronon and McKay.

TPTB could stand to have a female character that Kirks (flirts, I guess, for the reactionaries) like Sheppard does. Why not? If it is about equality after all...
          Keller could definitely use a less timid personality. Maybe if she actually flirted with more men she'd be more interesting. Who knows?

Oh and I wasn't that upset when they killed Carson off. I thought Sunday was a very good episode and very poignant. So that's not why I dislike her either. I liked Carson, but I understand why they did it. Sometimes you have to shake things up. Carson is not why I dislike Keller.

Just because you don't understand why someone might have a different opinion then you doesn't mean you can brush it aside with generalizations and act like it's a more irrational opinion then your own.

Keller utterly fails to engage or entertain me. That is why I dislike her. You can be as baffled about my opinion as you like. You can love Keller as much as you like, but acting like the people who hold different opinions then you are emotional wrecks/shut ins with no social lives is not okay. Seriously.

I don't like Keller. That's it, that's all.
          "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
            Keller is the one with the empty skull. She isn't a leader of anyone or anything.
            Irrational comment not based on what has been show in the series. She is very intelligent we have been show and told that, has a lot of degrees and know a lot.

Comment

You know, it seems a lot of people want Keller gone because she flirts a lot.
              Which isn't based in fact either. She had a bit of an encounter with Ronon in ONE episode, and she asked McKay out for a drink in another episode, and that might just have been friendly camaraderie. It would appear some people just make up things in order to support their hate.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                She's an MD, clearly she has brains, and given her age, probably more than most.
                Okay... <mod snip> accept the fact that Keller having an MD and being allowed to practice medicine on her own at this age is illegal where she comes from, leaving the door open for nasty theories

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                » Are you okay with the fact that one of them is lacking brain cells?
                Just one?
                Last edited by GateGipsy; 18 July 2008, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GateofDOOM View Post
                  Just because you don't understand why someone might have a different opinion then you doesn't mean you can brush it aside with generalizations and act like it's a more irrational opinion then your own.

Keller utterly fails to engage or entertain me. That is why I dislike her. You can be as baffled about my opinion as you like. You can love Keller as much as you like, but acting like the people who hold different opinions then you are emotional wrecks/shut ins with no social lives is not okay. Seriously.

I don't like Keller. That's it, that's all.
                  Well said.

Originally posted by JohnDuh View Post
                  Irrational comment not based on what has been show in the series. She is very intelligent we have been show and told that, has a lot of degrees and know a lot.
                  I don't think we have been shown Keller's intelligence. That's part of the problem for me. We've been told many times, but I'm not seeing it in her actions.

People that are outstanding in their field, no matter how screwed up they may be in other areas of their life, tend to show great confidence while using their skills. Keller seems unsure and hesitant too often, too often goes into a monotone when discussing medicine (where's the enthusiasm for her craft?). She brings to mind someone who is struggling to learn, not someone who's mastered her craft.

Which isn't based in fact either. She had a bit of an encounter with Ronon in ONE episode, and she asked McKay out for a drink in another episode, and that might just have been friendly camaraderie. It would appear some people just make up things in order to support their hate.
                  I don't think most people want Keller gone just because she flirts on occasion. That's the tip of the iceburg. IMO it's a greater irritant than it otherwise would be because Keller isn't that strong of a character to begin with. With not much else to make her stand out, the flrting stands out more.

And, in my mind, it doesn't really fit with what else we've been told about Keller. She's socially awkward, has always had trouble fitting in (per her remarks to Ronon), she's visibly awkward in her bedside manner and has a tendency to put her foot in her mouth, she often comes across as timid and unsure when talkiing with others (at least the command staff of Atlantis), yet she's somehow comfortable flirting with both Ronon and Rodney? It's a bit incongruous to me.

Her character is too inconsistent. She's smart, but asks all the stupid questions; she's timid, but flirtatious; she behaves like a medical student, but she's the best of the best in her field with years of experience; she didn't want to be head of medicine, yet she later says she applied for the job. She doesn't make sense.

Comment

While I can see Keller as a decent doctor, I have yet to see anything indicating why she was specifically chosen as CMO. She's sorely lacking in leadership skills and acts more like a perky resident than the person in charge.

Comment

A minor note ... Keller asked McKay out for a drink in "Trio" because he supposedly lost a bet with her and she was collecting on the bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                        And, in my mind, it doesn't really fit with what else we've been told about Keller. She's socially awkward, has always had trouble fitting in (per her remarks to Ronon), she's visibly awkward in her bedside manner and has a tendency to put her foot in her mouth, she often comes across as timid and unsure when talkiing with others (at least the command staff of Atlantis), yet she's somehow comfortable flirting with both Ronon and Rodney? It's a bit incongruous to me.
                        Oh trust me; you can be socially awkward and still flirt.

I know from experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                          Well said.

I don't think we have been shown Keller's intelligence. That's part of the problem for me. We've been told many times, but I'm not seeing it in her actions.

People that are outstanding in their field, no matter how screwed up they may be in other areas of their life, tend to show great confidence while using their skills. Keller seems unsure and hesitant too often, too often goes into a monotone when discussing medicine (where's the enthusiasm for her craft?). She brings to mind someone who is struggling to learn, not someone who's mastered her craft.

<snipped for size>
                          Keller fits in well with others in atlantis who are hesitant and unsure... can we compare her to Rodney's incessant whining????? atleast she doesn't treat others like crap when she is unsure.

Oh trust me; you can be socially awkward and still flirt.

I know from experience.
                          LOL mental green for ya!

Recently rewatched Sg1's moebius 1&2 and it confirmed for me that SGA's whining rodney needs to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                            Keller fits in well with others in atlantis who are hesitant and unsure... can we compare her to Rodney's incessant whining????? atleast she doesn't treat others like crap when she is unsure.
                            At least Rodney is entertaining whining or not. I'm afraid entertaining is not a word I've ever associated with Keller.

Comment

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
                              At least Rodney is entertaining whining or not. I'm afraid entertaining is not a word I've ever associated with Keller.
                              I wouldn't call Rodney entertaining......He's really annoying at the best of times
                              sigpic

Comment

Hmm, as I see it even with the beginning of S5, Teyla is for me still the one who should go. They should have sent here away years ago, instead of Elizabeth, who at least did something.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Working...
                                X