This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
    LOL What bothered me about Katie is that she appeared still willing to marry him until he said he needed space. she was pretty and smart...she should NOT have been that desperate!
    Yeah i know....Desperate much I mean come on,it's not like Rodney's Johnny Depp or something!

Originally posted by pjt View Post
    OK, so tell me please, what have you all got against female characters on Atlantis?
    Dr. Jennifer Keller 31.37%
    Teyla Emmagan 14.76%
    Larrin 20.66%
    ---------------------------------
    Total: 66.79%

Please tell me, you're (mostly) women...

As for the poll, I don't feel like losing any character now, but adding or removing characters never was the main reason I watch or don't watch a show.

Well Larrin is nothing but a dominatrix...A scantily clad alien chick shoving her assets into everyone's faces And the worse ever character ever to appear on any Stargate ep.......IMHO mind you

I love Teyla...She's my fave character and i could never turn against her

Juries still out for me on Keller so i can't say one way or another........But she ain't anywhere near as annoying as the moan a minute king whiner!
    sigpic

Comment

I think the problem with women characters is that TPTB often don't write them particularly well. I like Teyla, but IMHO there have been many missed opportunities there too.

But I'm a heretic who has never been a particular fan of Shep & Rodney annoys the **** out of me. Of course, neither of them would ever be leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        Well Larrin is nothing but a dominatrix...A scantily clad alien chick shoving her assets into everyone's faces And the worse ever character ever to appear on any Stargate ep.......IMHO mind you
        Let me try my best Chandler voice: Could she BE more cool?
        Nah, actually I kind of like her, I just enjoyed how many times she double crossed Sheppard, and he's still totally smitten.

As for Jewel Staite, she was my favorite on Firefly, so I was happy to have her on Atlantis, and as her character doesn't bother me much (I mean I'm OK with it), I'm happy to have her in the series.

As for Teyla, I'm currently re-watching season 3, and just found out, she was completely missing, or wasn't she?
        sigpic

Comment

Let me try my best Chandler voice: Could she BE more cool?
          Nah, actually I kind of like her, I just enjoyed how many times she double crossed Sheppard, and he's still totally smitten.

As for Jewel Staite, she was my favorite on Firefly, so I was happy to have her on Atlantis, and as her character doesn't bother me much (I mean I'm OK with it), I'm happy to have her in the series.

As for Teyla, I'm currently re-watching season 3, and just found out, she was completely missing, or wasn't she?
          Aye Larrins ok......If ya like half naked leather wearing chicks flaunting everything in front of you.......Wait,are you a guy.........Um never mind,forget i said anything
          sigpic

Comment

OK, so tell me please, what have you all got against female characters on Atlantis?
            Dr. Jennifer Keller 31.37%
            Teyla Emmagan 14.76%
            Larrin 20.66%
            ---------------------------------
            Total: 66.79%

Please tell me, you're (mostly) women...

As for the poll, I don't feel like losing any character now, but adding or removing characters never was the main reason I watch or don't watch a show.
            I am a female and only dislike Larrin because she is used simply to objectify women.
            Yeah i know....Desperate much I mean come on,it's not like Rodney's Johnny Depp or something!

I love Teyla...She's my fave character and i could never turn against her

Juries still out for me on Keller so i can't say one way or another........But she ain't anywhere near as annoying as the moan a minute king whiner!
            I refer to mckay and carson as the moan-a-minute twins. Others complain about Jennifer's whining BUT the same people find the guys' whining to be cute. go figure
            you need to find this thread to find like-minded people!
            I like Jennifer and like the idea of a "fish out of water " character. shows us how a "regular" person would react to atlantis et al. IMHO 99% of us would not handle everything half as well as she does.

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            I think the problem with women characters is that TPTB often don't write them particularly well. I like Teyla, but IMHO there have been many missed opportunities there too.

But I'm a heretic who has never been a particular fan of Shep & Rodney annoys the **** out of me. Of course, neither of them would ever be leaving.
            Yep i really get sick of the McShep hour... I enjoyed S & R in part
            Spoiler:
            because rodney was stuck with Lorne who has no problem shutting him up! It's always a pleasure to see lorne slap him down verbally!

Comment

I refer to mckay and carson as the moan-a-minute twins. Others complain about Jennifer's whining BUT the same people find the guys' whining to be cute. go figure
              I like Jennifer and like the idea of a "fish out of water " character. shows us how a "regular" person would react to atlantis et al. IMHO 99% of us would not handle everything half as well as she does.
              I know what's with that........Keller doesn't even whine half as much as McKay and isn't nearly as annoying...Oh well.....Oh sweet...Off to checky it outy!

Spoiler:
              because rodney was stuck with Lorne who has no problem shutting him up! It's always a pleasure to see lorne slap him down verbally!

Lorne can slap me any time.......Um did i just say that out loud
              sigpic

Comment

Aye Larrins ok......If ya like half naked leather wearing chicks flaunting everything in front of you.......Wait,are you a guy.........Um never mind,forget i said anything
                It's a fair cop, been caught red handed, guilty...
                sigpic

Comment

I am a female and only dislike Larrin because she is used simply to objectify women.

Spoiler:
                  as for the blue, actually i find it quite easy to love Rodney and dislike keller there are different types of whining also ive grown with Rodney over the 4 years I havent had that opportunity with Keller, not sure I hope i will either !

But the thing is she shouldn't be acting like a regular person should she. shes meant to be a genius, who did all her medical training ,gained experince in leading a team and i would hope trauma surgery and is able to handle the job as CMO.

I would like her a lot more and in fact enjoy her on screen more when she isnt making situations all about her and her childhood traumas. S&R was kinda good and bad for me keller wise

Spoiler:
                  initialy i felt she was ok, the playing with the insides and the allowing shep to go off even though he needed surgery like now! not ok. i dont blame keller for that just the writting fir her at times.

Different horses for different courses i think the one thing we both would agree on is love triangles = BAD
                  sigpic
                  banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

It's a fair cop, been caught red handed, guilty...
                    oooooh ouch......Better be more careful then
                    sigpic

Comment

» I'm with stclare that Rodney is much easier to like than Keller as Keller is much easier to hate.

» For one, McKay isn't throwing a pathetic pity party almost 24/7.

Comment

**cue drums **

Rodney will never get on my nerves like Keller. I could not stand SG1 Rodney but he was cooler than Keller.

Comment

There's nothing cool about Rodney!
                          sigpic

Comment

There's nothing cool about Rodney!
                            You are right - He's HOT!!!!
                            sigpicDr. Z!

Comment

Originally posted by SpelCzech View Post
                              You are right - He's HOT!!!!
                              Aye right...NOT

I think Zelenka is nicer looking.....He's such a sweetie...I'd rather see him as a regular than Rodney
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                                » I'm with stclare that Rodney is much easier to like than Keller as Keller is much easier to hate.

» For one, McKay isn't throwing a pathetic pity party almost 24/7.
                                Either is Keller..
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X