Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Shadow said... Though I have to add it's TPTB who have to make them look interesting, and the current set is just not doing that (anymore).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
      You're totally correct that these are all opinions, but if we're not here to assert points and defend them, then why are we here?
      There's making points and defending them and then there's just bitc bickering back and forth, dripping insults and inflaming tempers without ever gaining any ground at all. Sure, so far the insults are only directed at fictional characters, but give it time and it'll undoubtedly cross the line. And for what? So someone can "prove" that a character is awesome? Or that a character sucks?

If it's about trying to understand why someone loves a character you hate (or vice versa) that's one thing, but when it's just one vs. the other it's just fighting. And given that this thread is more about which characters should go rather than who's awesome and who's not, the "debates" are probably a bit off topic.

I say have the whole team- regular and supporting characters alike- do battle in a ring of jello. Whoever wins can stay on the show. Whoever loses gets fed to Joe's pugs.

Comment

I'm no fan of the nasty tone things take at times either. But when people are constantly putting those sentiments out there, I'm going to offer rebuttal where able. And, in my opinion, I'm not wrong to do so.

But I'm all for civility.
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Civility would be nice.

It's too bad the fandom just can't manage it. It feels like an elementary schoolyard around here sometimes (like, right now), with bullies running around laughing and ridiculing and insulting. It's pathetic, and it's disgusting. The fact that people can't voice their displeasure without their responses dripping in sarcasm and insults is...well hey, it's normal, isn't it?

This thread won't last much longer; at least I hope not. It's BUILT on slagging off characters, characters with fans attached to them whose passion for defense is strong.

Comment

And thus voicing a different opinion is wrong...yet again.

If it isn't all about love and rainbows, and sunshine and happy thoughts - it's considered bad and wrong. Here we go again... We have threads to talk/discuss/complain about that. Take it over there if you want to revive and talk/discuss/complain about that aspect or leave.

*lemming is feeling pissed off* (Can you tell?)

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              And thus voicing a different opinion is wrong...yet again.
              NO. No, absolutely not.

Once again, the difference between what the opinion is, and how that opinion is expressed is forgotten. It should not be.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                Once again, the difference between what the opinion is, and how that opinion is expressed is forgotten. It should not be.
                I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                  No just don't see it. Carson is too damned dull to radiate anything. He only seemed to have chemistry with Rodney. And then he was the boring straight man to Rodney's funny guy. And as for the thing with Cadman. Why would a pretty, witty girl like her find Carson attractive?? It was excruciating to watch.
                  » You know what, I'm not even going to bother with you, but we're probably not done with this debate either. Showing your love for her by attacking Carson ... It's like me showing my love for Carson by attacking Keller, definately not true.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  Give me characters who are three-dimensional and involved in the stories and I will be a happy camper.
                  » Which, no one is at the moment really. Some are just worse off than others

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  And for what? So someone can "prove" that a character is awesome? Or that a character sucks?
                  » Because I'm petty and it's fun.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Civility would be nice.

It's too bad the fandom just can't manage it. It feels like an elementary schoolyard around here sometimes (like, right now), with bullies running around laughing and ridiculing and insulting. It's pathetic, and it's disgusting. The fact that people can't voice their displeasure without their responses dripping in sarcasm and insults is...well hey, it's normal, isn't it?

This thread won't last much longer; at least I hope not. It's BUILT on slagging off characters, characters with fans attached to them whose passion for defense is strong.
                    The very thing that fuels the thread is what keeps it alive. People love drama...in any form. Just look at the evening news...if it bleeds; it leads.

People also like to be agreed with in general.

Those who come here are looking to debate. I would hope the posters debate with respect to one another and not be like politicians who sling mud at each other.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Indeed. I've seen threads grow by half-a-dozen pages in one night because someone sparked off a debate.

But there is another way for a thread to grow, and it's when a group of like-minded individuals start playing off each other, and before you know it, the thread gone south.

And it's not all negative comments either.

Comment

Wat about......

Dr Lee?
                        Meh.

Comment

So......

do any other characters need to go?

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                            So......

do any other characters need to go?
                            I would be satisfied if Teyla goes
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Click me .

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                                I would be satisfied if Teyla goes
                                Hope this will satisfy you enough (Teyla's 2nd entry on my S4 list of character deaths - I know... physics suck)

Comment

Working...
                                X