This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Nah, Stargate needs the snark. Zelenka's awesome, but IMHO a lot of it is attributed to him working alongside and bantering with McKay.
    Make Zelenka McKay's boss and you would have an interesting situation.

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
    I have a bad feeling that S5 will be his last season
    Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
    I have a bad(?) feeling that S5 will be the last anyway. I am not sure why, it´s just a gut feeling.
    Possibly. Depends on how much money skiffy wants to spend...not ratings. If NBC goes bankrupt and into restructuring...some of the older shows might be cut for budget sake. That could be on all the channels the co owns.

In my area, we have recently had a bunch of turn overs and upsets with the radio stations. DJ's who had their own morning shows for 20 plus years, loyal listeners, ect. were laid off for budget reasons. I guess local radio is having a tough time competing against the newer forms.

Just goes to show that when money is involved; nothing is sacred.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
      Make Zelenka McKay's boss and you would have an interesting situation.

YES. I APPROVE.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
        I don't hate the guy. That's too strong a word.

I just find him BORING.

So yes, get rid of him for me too.
        Yep Carson is too dull for me too! Maybe ditch McKay as well.. he whines like a two-year old in the midst of a tantrum! Even Zelenka can go, get us some HOT nerd scientists! (they do exist, I am married to one! )

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
          Yep Carson is too dull for me too! Maybe ditch McKay as well.. he whines like a two-year old in the midst of a tantrum! Even Zelenka can go, get us some HOT nerd scientists! (they do exist, I am married to one! )
          Is that your professional opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
            Is that your professional opinion?
            Oh yeah, we've been married 26+ years so it's definitely my professional opinion of him!

Comment

Oh yeah, we've been married 26+ years so it's definitely my professional opinion of him!
              Spoiler:
              May that number double .

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                Spoiler:
                May that number double .
                it defintiely will! what can I say, he's a great guy! Lucky me!

Comment

it defintiely will! what can I say, he's a great guy! Lucky me!
                  Some of us are lucky that way . I love your sig....

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                    Anyways, it would be okay to have a beckett character thread that discusses the character...pro and con. I think their is one already in the thunk-ie threads.
                    » Teh thunkie thread is mostly fueled with, yes, thunk noises There is no Pro Carson or Carson Appreciation thread for anybody to post in though. I may start one

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    I say wipe them all out and start over from scratch. I'm sure fans wouldn't mind. Maybe keep Zelenka and Lorne, just to act as a bridge between the old and new. lol
                    » In the words of your icon: BURN THEM ALL!

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                    I have a bad(?) feeling that S5 will be the last anyway. I am not sure why, it´s just a gut feeling.
                    » Hmmm. Me too. Not even sure if it's a bad feeling.

Maybe ditch McKay as well.. he whines like a two-year old in the midst of a tantrum! Even Zelenka can go, get us some HOT nerd scientists!
                    » Whoa, whoa - wait a second. Rodney is a complex multidimentional character. His tantrums are normally pulled off well. Carson is also multidimentional. And Radek is an extremely hot scruffy genius IMO. It's also about time he is Rodney's superior. That means we're back to square one: Kill Keller. yes, I meant that in a very lighthearted fashion...

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                      » Teh thunkie thread is mostly fueled with, yes, thunk noises There is no Pro Carson or Carson Appreciation thread for anybody to post in though. I may start one

» In the words of your icon: BURN THEM ALL!

» Hmmm. Me too. Not even sure if it's a bad feeling.

» Whoa, whoa - wait a second. Rodney is a complex multidimentional character. His tantrums are normally pulled off well. Carson is also multidimentional. And Radek is an extremely hot scruffy genius IMO. It's also about time he is Rodney's superior. That means we're back to square one: Kill Keller. yes, I meant that in a very lighthearted fashion...
                      OOOOOOOOOOOOOkay, I have never met a professional anything as whiney as Rodney. Do you have kids? I do and beleive me a tantrum is never "pulled off right", just ask my daughter about the time she decided (at 4, she learned not to fast) to throw one at a family wedding. For me, whining is simply a sign of immaturity and should be grown out of by the time one reaches 5 or so. I admit to having a zero whine tolerance (my daughter tells this cute story how she was never allowed to whine because as a teenager I listened to my sister's kids whine... nonstop! determined young that I wouldn't let my children whine like that! So she always heard you aren't going to whine like Aunt B's kids did! )
                      Carson is dull, and Radek is definitely scruffy, but doesn't meet my definition of hot! (although I love his stories about growing up poor behind the iron curtain!) I would rather Radek stay than rodney or carson. He has potential.
                      Last edited by Rac80; 13 May 2008, 02:30 PM.

Comment

...Radek is definitely scruffy, but doesn't meet my definition of hot!
                        That's in the eye of the beholder...
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

...Carson is dull, and Radek is definitely scruffy, but doesn't meet my definition of hot! (although I love his stories about growing up poor behind the iron curtain!) I would rather Radek stay than rodney or carson. He has potential.
                          I kind of like Radek & have no opinion on Rodney. He's amusing I suppose.

But agree with you about dull-as-ditchwater Carson.
                          Last edited by Blencathra; 13 May 2008, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            That's in the eye of the beholder...
                            Yep, that is what I said... "my definition".

Comment

Quick, put out the flames...there goes a hot nerd. LOL.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOkay, I have never met a professional anything as whiney as Rodney. Do you have kids? I do and beleive me a tantrum is never "pulled off right", just ask my daughter about the time she decided (at 4, she learned not to fast) to throw one at a family wedding. For me, whining is simply a sign of immaturity and should be grown out of by the time one reaches 5 or so. I admit to having a zero whine tolerance (my daughter tells this cute story how she was never allowed to whine because as a teenager I listened to my sister's kids whine... nonstop! determined young that I wouldn't let my children whine like that! So she always heard you aren't going to whine like Aunt B's kids did! )
                              Carson is dull, and Radek is definitely scruffy, but doesn't meet my definition of hot! (although I love his stories about growing up poor behind the iron curtain!) I would rather Radek stay than rodney or carson. He has potential.

Yes, McKay whines like a little kid in a store! I have meet plenty of professionals too...none of them whine like McKay but some are just as annoying. (some as arrogant)

McKay's biggest fall back is his whining then pair that with his arrogance and what you have is a large, spoiled child.

I do wish they would develop Zelenka but I fear what tptb will develop him into. The "pervert" implications made in the trio turned my stomach. They might as well have accused him of being a child molester. It seems tptb cross hairs are on Zelenka.
                              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I do and beleive me a tantrum is never "pulled off right", just ask my daughter about the time she decided (at 4, she learned not to fast) to throw one at a family wedding. For me, whining is simply a sign of immaturity and should be grown out of by the time one reaches 5 or so. I admit to having a zero whine tolerance (my daughter tells this cute story how she was never allowed to whine because as a teenager I listened to my sister's kids whine... nonstop! determined young that I wouldn't let my children whine like that! So she always heard you aren't going to whine like Aunt B's kids did! )
                                » What I meant by "pulled off right" was the execution by the writers and to an extent DH. It was done pretty well in the first three seasons.

Carson is dull, and Radek is definitely scruffy, but doesn't meet my definition of hot!
                                » Carson is still not dull. *checks* Yep, still not dull, and *checks* Radek is still scruffy hot

» *still wonders, if Carson is dull, what is Keller?* Well, dull is just boring, Keller is worse so that must make her aggravating...

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                                But agree with you about dull-as-ditchwater Carson.
                                » What about duler-than-dishwater Keller?

Comment

Working...
                                X