X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    You have got to be kidding me... *facepalm*

Anyways, TPTB are too scared for that. They haven't a clue how to write for anyone but McKay.
    Wrong - they can´t write anyone. Not even McKay. I am a McKay fan and I would welcome lesser screen time for him if he were better written.
    I think they didn´t develop his character at all. When one writer writes him good in one episode, it´s reseted in another. And with McKay, who has so much screen time, is painfully obvious how they suck writing characters. They are doing this with all characters. They ignore and make fans hate one character (Teyla) or spoil another character by writing for him "too much" (McKay or Sheppard).

Of course, this is just my opinion, he is my favorite and I voted for him in Spaceys. But after S4 I think DH as an actor deserves to be in some better show - any of actors.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      You didn't know that?

Actually, I shouldn't have said "just won." It was last summer - David won a Spacey Award for Favorite TV Character with 40% of the vote. Second place was Katee Sackhoff for Starbuck with 24% of the vote.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0..._two_spa.shtml
      Oh that... ah, I remember that... Nevertheless I stick with Jackie - McKay, as to give other characters a chance to shine.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Okay... hit me... swear at me... but I can't STAND Carson Beckett!!!

Please... is there someone out there who thinks the same??

I started an 'anti-Carson in S5' thread and it was taken off by the mods, despite my being very careful to remain objective and non-confrontational.

Nothing at all against McGillion, but that pointy-haired guy must have some friends in high places methinks...

GET RID OF BECKETT!!!!

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Originally posted by fuchsia View Post
          There is one other... according to my list which keeps track of this thread.

I started an 'anti-Carson in S5' thread and it was taken off by the mods, despite my being very careful to remain objective and non-confrontational.
          That would be because they're not allowed anymore.

Comment

Oooh... that does make sense then.
            But aren't there still some knockin' about?
            Like the anti-keller thread, for example... and also...Hmmm...
            actually that's about it; that one's allowed to stay, maybe cos she's rubbish.

Comment

I know someone who feels the same way

Oooh... that does make sense then.
              But aren't there still some knockin' about?
              Like the anti-keller thread, for example... and also...Hmmm...
              actually that's about it; that one's allowed to stay, maybe cos she's rubbish.
              there's no anti-Keller thread in the s5 section
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                I know someone who feels the same way

there's no anti-Keller thread in the s5 section
                It's not in S5, it's in Characters and Relationships and it's called:

The Anti-Keller Thread

It really is... trust me!

(Right now they are discussing ways of poisoning the good doctor)

Comment

It's not in S5, it's in Characters and Relationships and it's called:

The Anti-Keller Thread

It really is... trust me!
                  oh ok sorry I thought you were talking about the s5 section of the forum. AFAIK anti-[insert person] threads are still allowed, I'm not sure though
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                    oh ok sorry I thought you were talking about the s5 section of the forum. AFAIK anti-[insert person] threads are still allowed, I'm not sure though
                    That's okay!
                    I was just over there and I wanted to join in, but was afraid they would shoot me, which is what they now want to do to Keller!
                    I was thinking of telling them my thoughts on Beckett... but I was seriously scared!!!

Comment

I think the reason it still exists is because it was created way before the ban of anti/pro was put in place.

Comment

As far as I know, the anti threads are still allowed in the characters and relationships forum. But that's the only place.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Get rid of the character that just won a Favorite TV Character award? (By a sizeable margin no less?) Seems like that would be rather suicidal of TPTB.
                          Hmm, what would tptb do if DH was offered and took another job?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          You have got to be kidding me... *facepalm*

Anyways, TPTB are too scared for that. They haven't a clue how to write for anyone but McKay.
                          Even McKay isn't well written. Just over written. Even eps that are non mckay centered turn into mckay eps. Just look at the last man....the ep wasn't about sheppard being the last man in pegasus. Not about micheal or teyla's son. (We have no idea what became of the boy) Nope! It was about mckay's horrible life.

You didn't know that?

Actually, I shouldn't have said "just won." It was last summer - David won a Spacey Award for Favorite TV Character with 40% of the vote. Second place was Katee Sackhoff for Starbuck with 24% of the vote.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0..._two_spa.shtml
                          Electoral vote? Gee, only 40 percent. I would assume there would be greater margins.

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                          Wrong - they can´t write anyone. Not even McKay. I am a McKay fan and I would welcome lesser screen time for him if he were better written.
                          I think they didn´t develop his character at all. When one writer writes him good in one episode, it´s reseted in another. And with McKay, who has so much screen time, is painfully obvious how they suck writing characters. They are doing this with all characters. They ignore and make fans hate one character (Teyla) or spoil another character by writing for him "too much" (McKay or Sheppard).

Of course, this is just my opinion, he is my favorite and I voted for him in Spaceys. But after S4 I think DH as an actor deserves to be in some better show - any of actors.
                          Yep, that about sums it up.

tptb cannot write a solid character, they find a few characters they like writing for and instead of holding back on their urges to write quick comedy at McKay's expense and developing him into a meaty, deep, well thought out character we get the McKay cliché.

Imagine just how powerful McKay's presence could be if they didn't have him saving the galaxy every episode? Imagine how much better his character would be if he interacted with other character. (We get a glimps of it with carson and mckay)

if tptb reeled McKay in and out of the spotlight, wrote him with meaningful conversations between shep, teyla, ronin...he could have been the next "early Daniel" of the show.

I don't recall the ep name, early sg-1, the team discovered the replicator girl. As Daniel tried to make a real connection with her...Jack shot and killed her. Daniel looked up and said along the lines of, "You dumb son of a B#tch. She was shutting them down."

Jack replied something like, "This is how it is and we cannot risk having that thing around."

That was great!

Imagine what they could have done with mckay if they wrote him INTO the show instead of the SHOW around him.
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                            Imagine what they could have done with mckay if they wrote him INTO the show instead of the SHOW around him.
                            There's definitely something to wonder about...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                              eps that are non mckay centered turn into mckay eps.
                              That makes no sense. If it's Mckay centered, then it's a McKay ep...no?

I don't recall the ep name, early sg-1, the team discovered the replicator girl. As Daniel tried to make a real connection with her...Jack shot and killed her. Daniel looked up and said along the lines of, "You dumb son of a B#tch. She was shutting them down."

Jack replied something like, "This is how it is and we cannot risk having that thing around."

That was great!
                              It was indeed great. That was from "Menace", by the way.

I think several scenes in Adrift corresponded well to that. And it's a gross generalization to say that McKay's always made for humor and can never have a meaningful conversation with someone. Just look at Tao of Rodney. Loads of stuff there. The Kindred Part 2, between him and Clone!Carson; Miller's Crossing between him and Sheppard; none of those were for humor. Even First Strike, for all of its spectacle, included a scene between him and Zelenka questioning the Horizon mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                                I'll pay for you if I can watch too!
                                Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                                That sounds wrong .
                                .: *kicks Teggy*

Seems like that would be rather suicidal of TPTB.
                                .: Uh. They've done lots of rather suicidal things before I would not be surprised if they do it again.

.: *hits* *swears* *beats* [self-censored] *pummels* *kicks* *swears somemore*

.: You asked for it. Anytime.

Comment

Working...
                                X