This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hong3103 View Post
    I just don't like the whining she did in that episode with Teyla... what the heck did you think you were signing up to do. She should've been briefed...
    » There was a briefing, but she didn't attend it because she was off debriefing one of her male coworkers. yes, that is a joke. don't kill me. (:

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      » There was a briefing, but she didn't attend it because she was off debriefing one of her male coworkers. yes, that is a joke. don't kill me. (:
      The doctor doesn't seem to be the type.... but before she accepted the post on Atlantis should've been briefed at least on the Wraith.

"Hey if you accept this post you will be working in a completely different galaxy and you will encounter creatures that want to kill you...(Wraith, Asurans, etc...) Are you sure you still want the job?"

I'm sure something like that was said to her when she was being briefed on the situation in Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
        About 9 months ago, I criticised Carter's posting as leader of Atlantis for the same reason and certain people (you among them) told me to shove it. Back then, a briefing and a few reports were enough. I guess they are not enough now
        I don't remember any of that. Whatever the case, Carter had more than just reports and briefings; she was out on the front lines for 10 years. But the fact that she had no experience in the Pegasus galaxy means nothing if she has the skills to back it up and the right people with the experience around her; after all, no new expedition members would know what to expect until they get there; it just comes with the job. You get briefed on the basics, then you'll have to fend for yourself once you're actually there, like most jobs. Carter did just fine, and though Keller was scared out of her wits at the beginning in Missing, she eventually toughed up a little, lied to the face of the Bola Kai leader, and shot Nabel in the leg.

Besides, facing dozens of cannibals while in the wild with no backup is a lot different than issuing orders from the comfort of a base of operations.

Comment

Mental green!

The doctor doesn't seem to be the type.... but before she accepted the post on Atlantis should've been briefed at least on the Wraith.

"Hey if you accept this post you will be working in a completely different galaxy and you will encounter creatures that want to kill you...(Wraith, Asurans, etc...) Are you sure you still want the job?"

I'm sure something like that was said to her when she was being briefed on the situation in Atlantis.
          That is a very good point, she must have been briefed about the Wraith and all the other dangers in the Pegasus Galaxy, and she went there and then didn't want the job of CMO? Hmm, I don't know why the writers decided to write her that way really. If you weren't prepared for it, and are scared, why would you go in the first place? We shall some of us have to agree to disagree about Keller I think!
          sigpic

Comment

but she didnt go to atlantis to become the cmo, she was just a dr, but after becket died she was asked to step in temporarily, the first scene we see her shes asking weir how much longer till she gets replaced, then she never is

Comment

Originally posted by perkin127 View Post
              but she didnt go to atlantis to become the cmo, she was just a dr, but after becket died she was asked to step in temporarily, the first scene we see her shes asking weir how much longer till she gets replaced, then she never is
              Regardless... in any type of organization there's a hierarchy. Obviously she had the experience and knowledge to be the second doctor in line after Carson. She should've known that if the CMO were unable to perform their job she would have to step in and fill that job. If that was a responsibility she could not handle she shouldn't have taken the job as a doctor in the Atlantis team.

She could've taken any other job as a doctor elsewhere and still get paid big bucks w/o having to worry about life-sucking aliens, replicating nanites, axe-wielding cannibals, etc....

Comment

Originally posted by perkin127 View Post
                » Then for the sake of continuity (does that exist anymore?) REPLACE HER. For the sake of all of us.

Comment

It was never said when she'd be replaced though.

Comment

As long as Ford isn't brought back to replace her (not the position)...

Comment

As long as Ford isn't brought back to replace her (not the position)...
                      I'll agree he could have been written better. Though I liked him better than Ronon just because Ronon was an over compensation of what Ford lacked. I personally don't like his ridiculous ability to withstand 3 stun blasts and outmatch people on Wraith enzyme and with Goa'uld inside of them in a fight. And yes, I voted that Ronon should leave... Or he should be written more realistically.

Comment

» Then for the sake of continuity (does that exist anymore?) REPLACE HER. For the sake of all of us.
                        Don´t speak for all of us. I don´t want her to be replaced.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                          Don´t speak for all of us. I don´t want her to be replaced.
                          I want her to be flushed out of the airlock with Teyla
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

I actually like Keller she brings something completely different to Atlantis, and everyone is complaining that shes a wimp, well so was Becket at the beginning, and maybe as she is a good dr, she went because she knew people needed her there. but i know if u dont like keller your not really going to change your mind because of what i say i hope that the writers make her role better in season 5 and hopefully change peoples minds otherwise its going to mess up the show for you and thats sad.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                              I want her to be flushed out of the airlock with Teyla
                              » I like Teyla, but if it's a package deal ...

Comment

» I like Teyla, but if it's a package deal ...
                                Then flush me out too.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X