Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remember "the siege"? if atlantis did that and todd rallied the wraith/told them the city wasn't destroyed, atlantis wouldn't stand a chance. a fake self destruct wouldn't save them twice.
    Last edited by naamiaiset; 22 April 2008, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
      No idea - but I think the 'Superwraith' in Sateda was pretty dang old, and we know 'Greg' (The Defiant One) was at least 10,000 years old, and Todd may be as well, based on his knowledge of the cloning facility used during the war with the Ancients.

das
      I agree, i view 'Superwraith' from Sateda as a very old wraith, he had that look about him that he had been alive for maybe tens of thousands of years, we was very bulky looking compared to the more slender framed Wraith commanders that we have seen and he had a lack of hair... either that represents him as old, or he could just be a Wraith who is stressed out too much accounting for the hair loss! Lol! Either way he has been my favorite Wraith so far.

The Wraith from 'The Defiant One' was old too, your right with him being 10,000 odd years old.

Not so sure about Todd, hes old but im sure theres more out there who view him as reletivly young.
      Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
        remember "the siege"? if atlantis did that and todd rallied the wraith/told them the city wasn't destroyed, atlantis wouldn't stand a chance. a fake self destruct wouldn't save them twice.
        The problem with that is Todd doesn't know the location of Atlantis. He never saw the gate address.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          The problem with that is Todd doesn't know the location of Atlantis. He never saw the gate address.
          true

the only way todd knows of contacting us, is through the tablet rodney gave him, for the relay station

Comment

todd hacked rodney's computer, you can't be sure just what information he has.

Comment

todd hacked rodney's computer, you can't be sure just what information he has.
              Why would they keep their own gate address in their computer.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Why would they keep their own gate address in their computer.
                I didn't say they did, but there'd be some kind of reference to atlantis' location? (at least I'd think so)
                Last edited by naamiaiset; 22 April 2008, 09:21 AM.

Comment

obviously, not everyone in atlantis knows the location, new people may not, but im sure they wont keep it on the database, more likely write on paper, so they can memorize

Comment

todd said he had great standing. I think he might've been one of the top commanders in the ancients war. the writers need to explain these things.
                    I do not think that he would say he was the Wraith king it would just give Atlantis a reason to hold him. He said he could get 12 ships to join the battle. Our early estimates indicated that there are 60 hives. So he commands 20% of Wraith population anyway you cut it that is a lot especially considering he was captured by the Genii.

He is probably a high ranking commander. He might have wiped out the Ancient fleet before the seige or he may have been the one to build the clonning facility.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see an episode: The Progenitor.

The very first Wraith. He lives on a planet in secluded meditation. Every month a dozen humans are sent to him to appease him. Kinda like Blade.
                    Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                      I do not think that he would say he was the Wraith king it would just give Atlantis a reason to hold him. He said he could get 12 ships to join the battle. Our early estimates indicated that there are 60 hives. So he commands 20% of Wraith population anyway you cut it that is a lot especially considering he was captured by the Genii.

He is probably a high ranking commander. He might have wiped out the Ancient fleet before the seige or he may have been the one to build the clonning facility.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see an episode: The Progenitor.

The very first Wraith. He lives on a planet in secluded meditation. Every month a dozen humans are sent to him to appease him. Kinda like Blade.
                      I like that idea...that could be a great episode. although i think the projenitor of the Wraith race would be female. All the queens cold be descended from a single queen...possible enginneered by an ancient

Comment

Originally posted by Fjord View Post
                        I like that idea...that could be a great episode. although i think the projenitor of the Wraith race would be female. All the queens cold be descended from a single queen...possible enginneered by an ancient
                        Okay, I guess the question is: how closely do the Wraith resemble Terran communal insect species?

Ant colonies and bee hives have one queen which is the only fertile female in the community. Periodically, in addition to the male drones and the androgenous workers, the queen produces several new queens. Since the colony/hive can only have one queen, the new queens usually fly away from the colony/hive fairly quickly, taking with them any number of drones and workers. In this way, new colonies/hives are created and the species expands and thrives.

It makes sense, given what we have seen of the Wraith, that they are indeed a matriarchal hive structure that can exist for time without a queen, but must have a queen in order to grow and survive. This kind of structure also explains Elia, the young Wraith girl in "Instinct".

There has to be a way to produce new queens, but from what Todd said in BAMSR, the lack of queens on many hive ships is a major problem that would seriously effect the balance of power amongst the Wraith. Since new queens must come from old queens, if the old queens did not want the competition, they would merely stop allowing any new queens from maturing. A hive without a queen could only survive so long, and a faction without sufficient queenly leadership would stand no chance at all.

Hence the importance of "The Queen" to Todd and his faction.

HOLY FEEDING GROUND, BATMAN.
                        sigpic The Outlaw Josey Wales
                        Josey Wales: Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.

----------------

Comment

The new enemy if powerful, how can it be from Pegasus?

Asurans/Ancients were hunting pretty much everything in Pegasus, and they did not find it? HIGHLY UNLIKELY. Pegasus is tiny compared to the MW.

Asuran Auroras were everywhere!

Then the Wraith would be aware of this enemy, since they been around a long time in Pegasus, which in turn means the Asurans and humans would find out.

If the powerful enemy is from Pegasus, it is a plot hole.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                            The new enemy if powerful, how can it be from Pegasus?

Asurans/Ancients were hunting pretty much everything in Pegasus, and they did not find it? HIGHLY UNLIKELY. Pegasus is tiny compared to the MW.

Asuran Auroras were everywhere!

Then the Wraith would be aware of this enemy, since they been around a long time in Pegasus, which in turn means the Asurans and humans would find out.

If the powerful enemy is from Pegasus, it is a plot hole.
                            How do we know that the new race is an enemy? it has not yet been confirmed (atleast to my knowledge) that the new race is an enemy. But anyways...waht does that have to do with the oldest wraith?

Comment

Originally posted by nova View Post
                              obviously, not everyone in atlantis knows the location, new people may not, but im sure they wont keep it on the database, more likely write on paper, so they can memorize
                              yeaahh, and this the same team that let wraith upload data onto computers containing hyper drive schematics, and left enough data on the gate bridge to expose it to a full attack by wraith.

And they would not even need the address, a picture of the sky would be enough to calculate Atlantis location, the tok'ra could do it so can the wraith being more advance and all., todd being telepathic could of easily pick that information out of Rodney or one of the other marines, all it would of need would one stray thought, and given how todd new exactly how to get under rodney skin, it would been easy for him to do.

Comment

I would think the first wraith would have to be able to reproduce, obviously. That spells queen 2 meh!

Comment

Working...
                                X