Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will captain the Phoenix? (Possible spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
    Boss? aye aye aye... ships' Captain, please.

Being a ship's Captain is a job for an Officer. Walter is enlisted. He's now basically the in charge of the Gate Room frankly, reporting directly to General Landry. He's as important as he's gonna get, which is pretty important.

The trouble is, the gateverse isn't known for its accurate representation of "other ranks" ie Airmen and Sergeants etc, in reality SG teams would have at one to two officers with anything from 3-6 other ranks, including a Sergeant who is incredibly important in such situations.

As for commanding the ship, I do see it being Carter, but not only is it a step down from Atlantis, it's also a completely different direction. Carter has commanded a science team in Area 51 (her first real command) and then she was in essence promoted to station commander with Atlantis. She should now either take control of an offworld base in our galaxy or recieve further promotion and higher command. Commanding a ship is a backwards step, and is in no way similar. Frankly, even though the Navy should be commanding the ships, it's the Air Force who are, and as such, I would want someone who's had considerable pilot experience to be in the chair, Carter has not.
    What`s the point in having a pilot being the capitain ? Cuz he knows what the ship is capable of ? Come on, if you think about it for a second, who in earth knows more about the ships than Carter ?

I remember when Carter/Oneill are on an x302 and he says.. "ok, let`s see what this is made of" and carter replies "Sir, I can just tell you now" even though it was a joke, she really did know that. I Mean, she knows everything the ship is capable of...

And the fact that she was too fast promoted.. humm, let`s say that saving the world 8 times has something to do with it...

But about rankings, what I think SGA lacks are Majors, I mean, no major was going to atlantis ? ( John was chosen not based on his rank...but on his ATA genes)

Comment

Lorne, Marks...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Lorne, Marks...
        i recon it will be Lorne or Carter but it could be Marks, look at how fast he gets promoted. in 'Beachhead' he was a Lt, in Ethon he was a Capt, then 'Off the grid' he was a Major. so by now he should be a Col and by next season he will be king of th universe

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
        Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
        X