Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have The Wraith Lost There Grip On Pegasus...?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But on the other hand, we're now getting to know their inside workings better thanks to a great character like Todd.

Just go with the flow...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Astrofighter View Post
      Woolsey will be like many characters before him, he will adjust to work with the team and eventually put the team first before the IOA. Just like the changed Vala from being self absorbed sex crazed treasure hunter to valued team member who still drops sexual treasure hunter jabs from time and time again. Same thing will happen to Woolsey's character. He will become more of a team player but at the same time he will hold back and let things develop before he decides to do anything, but it will always be the right thing in the end.
      I damn hope not, that be boring and done before, vala. I want him to do the wrong thing or at least morally wrong thing at least a few times, and most of all I do not want him to become best buddies with the team like previous commanders and I want plenty on tension and the team not getting their own way all the time. And best of all I want him to proven right about his decisions and teams members especially rodney and Shepperd to be proven wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam_Mitchell View Post
        I personally think that the wraith are not that much of a threat as they used to be back in the kulling times... when I saw the wraith in season 1 I thought they were powerful and everyone was scared of them [people in atlantis] now its just a case of using one of the spaceships to destroy them...

Threat? The Genii were more of a threat. The wraith is a concept that failed to take off. The Goa'uld was incredibly intimidating. The wraith; NOOOO!

Comment

Well, we can't find the Wraith that scary if Sheppard isn't scared with them in the first place. I thought Rising was scary, definitely the female Keeper, but after that... There's Steve, who we gave a, well, ridiculous name so we wouldn't be afraid of him, problem is that he's adorable. Then they got shot down so easily (new ammo, couldn't keep on resurrecting them, either!) and yeah, no more thread. Character development for the Wraith was the next step, with Michael it somewhat began, and with Todd it got completed, and here we are.

Spoiler:
          Now we work nicely together with the Wraith, while the arising people in the galaxy are being total butts towards the Atlantis expedition... Like they'll do better without them... Pfft.

Todd is working on reuniting some of the left over Wraith, so after that, maybe he's going to take on the other ones, get rid of them, and make sure he's got a decent and loyal core, and then back to galaxy domination?

Comment

Originally posted by kiku65 View Post
            [Woolsey] And because he's an annoying small-minded jerk as well, of course
            He's one of the few politicians that Hammond, O'Neill and Landry trust....
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Yes.

#1. They got beaten by Earth, lost roughly 17 Hives. THEN, the Asgard beam weapon 304s came into action...

#2. The Asurans were whipping their arses, the Wraith lost many ships, possibly upto 20 Hives.

#3. Wraith infighting

#4. Michael is putting the finishing touches on them.

The Wraith are relegated to Gaould status after their butts were handed to them.

Comment

1. I think they lost only 14-ish, out of a possible "60 or more", but that '60'-number has never been confirmed. If they say they live in a 'quadrant', which seems more like 1/4th of the galaxy, and they found over 20 in that area, why not do it times 4? They don't know if other quadrants had more Hives around it, maybe some were sitting on Wraith planets, etc., so '60' is a great speculation.

Asgard beams came into action? Have I missed anything? Still 14 Hives down. And that's not even counting all the Cruisers that's out there, which are a few per Hive, if I'm not mistaken.

Plus if they lost Hives, and found their position threatened, why wouldn't they build more Hives and Cruisers, and spread some of their maybe over crowded Hive-population on those other ships? The team has said in the past that a Hive can easily house 2,000 Wraith, and they were lucky only 200= were sitting on Michael's Hive. Maybe they're spreading out to have more fire power and Hives/Cruisers in an Alliance, so they can defeat fellow Wraith easier, should they feel threatened.

2. Speculation, again. Yes, they got kicked, but the Asurans pretty much tired of the 'let's hunt the Wraith' games, so they decided on a different course of action. It's unclear how many Hives were taken out out of how many left.

3. Yes, they like to defend their own feeding grounds, but it's not like they lose 20 Hives on daily base. More can be made (remember that the Keepers have made their own alliances, so if they're spread out over different Hives, so is their knowledge).

4. Michael did so in The Last Man, but at this point he's only spreading the Hoffan drug, I think. Only when he's got enough Cruisers/Hives himself, and enough men under his command, he'll go after the Hives that are shooting each other. And I think he needs the baby's extra powers to control all, so unless he's got that DNA boost, he might not be able to command such a large fleet at this point. Remember that they thought everything depended on Michael getting his hands on Teyla and her baby. A large part of TLM won't be executed, now, imo.

Spoiler:
                Yes, they're losing their grip on the PG, see "Inquisition" a bit, too, since people are speaking up, but there's still a number of them left. And they are getting more organised. "The Queen"

Comment

Working...
                X