X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
    [mod snip]

In a relationship being able to laugh together is often what saves you from killing the spouse! after 27 years of marriage, my better half still makes me smile! (and blush on occasion too ) that is more substance than style...beleive me! to make any relationship work you have to genuinely LIKE each other... it's not all hot and bothered all the time!

27 years? awww.. how cute

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
      27 years? awww.. how cute
      yes it is cute... and many other things. after all these years I can still say he is my soulmate!

Comment

[mod snip]

In a relationship being able to laugh together is often what saves you from killing the spouse! after 27 years of marriage, my better half still makes me smile! (and blush on occasion too ) that is more substance than style...beleive me! to make any relationship work you have to genuinely LIKE each other... it's not all hot and bothered all the time!
        I agree with the roundness you need in a relashionship, my husband of 18 years makes me laugh, he also makes me wonder wether 25 years to life are worth it just that once

But I guess I just dont see the chemistry between Ronan/Keller. Which I do see in TLM between Rodney/keller. So thats my preference if forced.

Which ever way this goes or ends up I hope TPTB stick to one pairing or the other by the end of the season. I do not want to contenplate this being a theme thoughout the next however long, like ive seen on this board with the Sam/Jacks of SG1 fame.

If they had come out with one pairing, then even if I didnt see it I could ignore it. Having though what appears from spoilage to be a large amount of effort put into the three way deal, has me worried that by the end I will dislike all three characters.

That does not, a happy StClare make
        sigpic
        banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
          If they had come out with one pairing, then even if I didnt see it I could ignore it. Having though what appears from spoilage to be a large amount of effort put into the three way deal, has me worried that by the end I will dislike all three characters.
          That does not, a happy StClare make
          That worries me also, at the moment I love Rodney and Ronon, but really hate the love triangle angle they are going to throw at us.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
            Just to clarify, if we want to argue the fact that we don't want Keller with either, we can't?! Is this a pro thread now and not an open one, maybe it should say that?
            As long as you don't bash keller it should be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
              Actually, in Tao of Rodney, Esposito's thought "He's hot" that Rodney heard was about Ronon...

I'm not questioning shipping, just the need to have overt ship on screen. Of course the personnel in Atlantis are getting their rocks off, just like everywhere else in the universe. But shifting much/some/any the show's focus from scifi to romance changes the show's dynamic and personally, I liked it just the way it was.
              No I'm aware of that episode. I still wasn't sure how that was going. And even though it happened it was an aside and Ronon barely even looked at her. Added to that the girl just sort of ran off and then nothing. It's not the same level of attention that Shep or McKay would get----they never get passing. These women tend to throw themselves at those two heavily. Ronon gets nothing.

I see no problem with having an overt ship on screen. I really don't see what the problem is there. I had slight issues with Cadman/Beckett because apparently they were dating and then they broke up, but it never looked like dating. It was just weird sort of together that was half heartedly done. However, Katie/McKay was a more developed relationship although Katie made me sick.

I never advocated the shifting the show's focus to that aspect of the show. There would be no need to do that and a show can be very successful without doing that. For example I used to watch a show called JAG. Harm, the main character, had so many women he made Shep look like an untouched virgin. Actually he made every Captain on Star Trek and the rip offs look like innocents. However, it never really took away from the show. Or I never saw it as such. He had his moments with his ladies and would get interrupted by beeper. In any event, I thought it was pretty successful at developing human relationships combined with action and drama.

I don't find them having relationships in any way shape or form changes the dynamic. As I've said in some respects it actually enhances the character. I'd just like the characters to be more human and I do feel some human elements need to be implemented. I may hate Teyla's pregnancy but it's something that does happen. As such love affairs do happen. I'm not advocating X rated storyline. Just a little something won't hurt the show. Shoot wraith on wraith love is fine by me.
              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
                Just to clarify, if we want to argue the fact that we don't want Keller with either, we can't?! Is this a pro thread now and not an open one, maybe it should say that?
                Actually, one of the options on the poll is "don't care/don't want her shipped" so I don't see why you can't argue the fact that you don't want Keller with either. Another option on the poll is "other" if you want her paired with someone else (like Zelenka, for example).

While I like Keller, personally, I'm not a fan of seeing her paired with either Ronon or McKay, but I'm pretty sure this triangle thing is going to happen regardless of anything said around here on GW. I also think we're blowing it way out of proportion, but what the heck, it's not like we've got anything else to do until July 11th.

So, with that being said, I just hope it's not overt and doesn't take too much screen time. Although, I'm imagining some rather funny one-liners coming out of this from all characters involved.

Picture, for a moment, Sheppard's reaction when he hears about the triangle.
                Just picture it.
                This could be comic relief.

BTW, the Zelenka comment is b/c of your icon and I gather you're not a Keller fan. It's meant in friendly jest ~

Comment

Originally posted by Pic-CollSwan View Post
                  Actually, one of the options on the poll is "don't care/don't want her shipped" so I don't see why you can't argue the fact that you don't want Keller with either. Another option on the poll is "other" if you want her paired with someone else (like Zelenka, for example).

While I like Keller, personally, I'm not a fan of seeing her paired with either Ronon or McKay, but I'm pretty sure this triangle thing is going to happen regardless of anything said around here on GW. I also think we're blowing it way out of proportion, but what the heck, it's not like we've got anything else to do until July 11th.

So, with that being said, I just hope it's not overt and doesn't take too much screen time. Although, I'm imagining some rather funny one-liners coming out of this from all characters involved.

Picture, for a moment, Sheppard's reaction when he hears about the triangle.
                  Just picture it.
                  This could be comic relief.

BTW, the Zelenka comment is b/c of your icon and I gather you're not a Keller fan. It's meant in friendly jest ~
                  No probs! Sheppard's reaction would be very funny to the whole thing, I agree! I did vote 'don't care/don't want her shipped' but not with Zelenka!
                  sigpic

Comment

Having already said that I am pro-keller and ronon/keller shipper, let me add that I don't want this relationship in the forefront. Just a line (or even a look) now and then, not devoting episode after episode to relationship. I actually liked the way rodney and katie was handled... it was background.

Comment

Having already said that I am pro-keller and ronon/keller shipper, let me add that I don't want this relationship in the forefront. Just a line (or even a look) now and then, not devoting episode after episode to relationship. I actually liked the way rodney and katie was handled... it was background.
                      I think that's one of the fundamental things and one that is a misgiving for those who aren't shippers or don't speak to shippers. Majority of shippers DON'T and AREN'T looking for forefront love. That is one of the problems I had with the many scenes between Katie Brown/McKay---even though I hated Katie...I couldn't respect get into why they had so much air time. <---I'm contrary to you. I saw too much, Quarantine comes to mind.
                      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

yes it is cute... and many other things. after all these years I can still say he is my soulmate!
                        aww - lucky you!
                        thats how it should be.. you're glad you found someone like that!

*dreams of her otp*

Comment

As long as you don't bash keller it should be okay.
                          » Nah

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                          As such love affairs do happen. I'm not advocating X rated storyline. Just a little something won't hurt the show. Shoot wraith on wraith love is fine by me.
                          » I would love Wraith relationships. Seeing that would be something new and not a stupid triangle with Keller. Maybe, we can have some Wraith-on-Keller, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
                            aww - lucky you!
                            thats how it should be.. you're glad you found someone like that!

*dreams of her otp*
                            One word of advice... don't settle! (ok that was two words!) and remember...good things come to those who wait.

Now for Keller....ronon is definitely a good thing! (nice ON TOPIC segue there eh?)
                            Last edited by Rac80; 18 June 2008, 07:18 PM.

Comment

One word of advice... don't settle! (ok that was two words!) and remember...good things come to those who wait.

Now for Keller....ronon is definitely a good thing! (nice ON TOPIC segue there eh?)
                              thanks
                              god, dont tell me about waiting .....i live in austria and my boyfriend in the UK - believe me i waited too much already seeing him so little is not fun

yep, agree - plus, he's hotter than rodney

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                                Is confused aswell. has some posts been deleted? as I cant see whats wrong?

My post has been deleted.....

So I say it again - NEITHER

Keller has no chemistry with either, without them acting completely OOC. And that is not what I want to see. If it has to be forced, don't go there!

Spoiler:
                                Like Jason said in his interview - Keller is not right for Ronon and they DO need to bring in another woman, for Ronon, if HE believe his character need some loving
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X