This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountiegirl View Post
    As to Rodney/Keller, I think what he did in "The last man" was sweet, changing the timeline after she died
    .: I'm gonna put this bluntly to explain the first problem I have: Rodney should have changed the timeline for Carson and Elizabeth. I truly think he would value them much, much more than Keller. It would be much more touching if he did so for the sake of friendship that he didn't learn the value of until it was too late. I would much rather have him do that. It would make me a very happy girl.

.: Second: The other problem is that every time I see Keller and Rodney together, I'm like, "that could be me and my Dad". Not that my Dad is anything like Rodney nor I am definately not like Keller. But, seriously. I know they're adults, and they're not related. But ... squick. No other way to really describe it.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

.: I'm gonna put this bluntly to explain the first problem I have: Rodney should have changed the timeline for Carson and Elizabeth. I truly think he would value them much, much more than Keller. It would be much more touching if he did so for the sake of friendship that he didn't learn the value of until it was too late. I would much rather have him do that. It would make me a very happy girl.

.: Second: The other problem is that every time I see Keller and Rodney together, I'm like, "that could be me and my Dad". Not that my Dad is anything like Rodney nor I am definately not like Keller. But, seriously. I know they're adults, and they're not related. But ... squick. No other way to really describe it.
      ITA - There's something really creepy about the whole Rodney/Keller thing. Where did it come from anyway? Sometimes people put other people together and maybe you don't like it but you CAN see it, but not with this at all.

I dont personally like Teyla/Sheppard or Weir/Sheppard or other ships that have been brought up, but I DO see why people ship them or like that particular pairing. I do not see any such thing with Keller/Rodney or Keller/Ronon.

And the Rodney that I loved in seasons 1-3 would have changed the timeline for Carson/Weir/Sheppard in a heartbeat, not wait around because he had found a girlfriend and then do it because she died, I hated TPTB for making Rodney that way.
      sigpic

Comment

.: Second: The other problem is that every time I see Keller and Rodney together, I'm like, "that could be me and my Dad". Not that my Dad is anything like Rodney nor I am definately not like Keller. But, seriously. I know they're adults, and they're not related. But ... squick. No other way to really describe it. [/COLOR]
        I think that's my problem with McKeller too, I do get that father/daughter or adult/teen vibe, which is kinda creepy to me. eew
        sigpic

Comment

I don't get it. Something tells me I don't want to either.
          Theoretically spoilerish:
          Spoiler:
          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

All right, the Hate is raining down. I better get out of here before uncivil words are exchanged.
            Spoiler:
            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
              I don't get it. Something tells me I don't want to either.
              I think Reiko refers to the clear age difference... Or the part where Keller looks like a teenager and Rodney being a 40ier.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Except that she clearly doesn't look like a teenager and her CHARACTER is closer to 30, and relationships like that happen all the time and aren't creepy. My friend is 24, going out with someone who is 42, and not once has anyone ever expressed finding that creepy, in front of them or behind closed doors, because it's incredibly NORMAL. The age difference between Jen and Rodney is several years slimmer than that margin.

But I promised myself I was going to leave, so off I go.
                Spoiler:
                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Unfortunately Jewel looks exactly her age, and that is still 5 years away from thirty, which makes it hard for me to see her as someone closer to 30.

I can see Reiko's point...

Of course, it depends what you find to be normal... 42/24 - not exactly normal in my book, but if they're happy so be it... 10 years, really is the limit to me personally.

Why would you leave? Unless of course, you're about tp say something you might regret later on... in that case, cool down, and come back.
                  Last edited by Falcon Horus; 17 April 2008, 08:52 AM.

Comment

All right, the Hate is raining down. I better get out of here before uncivil words are exchanged.
                    You are always welcome to post on the Compliment and Praise thread. Come on by we have pizza.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      You are always welcome to post on the Compliment and Praise thread. Come on by we have pizza.
                      Dude you've been witholding pizza?

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                        Dude you've been witholding pizza?
                        We have cookies...

Comment

No hatred of the character implied on my part here, merely my reason for being uncomfortable with the pairing.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            We have cookies...
                            LoL... Integrabyte tried to lure me to the darkside with cookies

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                              LoL... Integrabyte tried to lure me to the darkside with cookies
                              Of course, he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Of course, he did.
                                Yup, cookies couldn't change my opinion on S4... doubt they will on S5 either

Comment

Working...
                                X