This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

.: ITA - 'Next Top Model' reject was the first thing I thought. They do look like models, except Porter, and all look lovely. No denying they are beautiful. Yet I'm still disappointed in PTB going all the way in the "hot chicks" route
    Actually.....

I am disappointed about that too, but as far as the individual casting goes....Janina is the one who pushes it over the edge, IMO. Nicole is a good choice for Dr Porter, Christina is a good choice for Major Teldy IMO - she's guest starred on just about everything (kind of like Jessica Steen) and I've always liked her in the roles I've seen her in. And we already knew about Leela. But Janina - that just pushes the whole thing over the edge into an SGC's Hottest lineup.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      Any ideas on their nationalities? I'm guessing Dusty will be Indian and the rest American...
      Leela Savasta was born and raised in Vancouver, Canada. She is also a dual citizen with the United States...

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
        Leela Savasta was born and raised in Vancouver, Canada. She is also a dual citizen with the United States...
        I meant the characters

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          I meant the characters
          Ohh ...I'm definately having another Walter day

Comment

Nicole de Boer! Geat!

Maybe they put her together with McKay in a box and make The Cube - 15 years later (no, I dont wish that, really - but I'd love a hint, a quote ore something).

And for the hot chick thingie: it isn't really bothering me. They are actors and they look different when they wake up in the morning before they go into mask. OK, they might be prettier than most of us but then - they are actors.
            The cake is a lie!

Comment

Is this in earnest? There's going to be an all-female team? Not to mention an all-female team that do indeed look like models. How about put a couple of women on Lorne's team? Why should they be separating out the genders in to different teams!?

Seeing Nicole De Boer on the show would be cool though.

The rest of it.....I'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                Is this in earnest? There's going to be an all-female team? Not to mention an all-female team that do indeed look like models. How about put a couple of women on Lorne's team? Why should they be separating out the genders in to different teams!?

Seeing Nicole De Boer on the show would be cool though.

The rest of it.....I'll have to wait and see.
                I believe it is just for this one episode, 'Whispers'...

"Said hello [to] Paul McGillion back who dropped by the production offices on his way to his wardrobe fitting for 'The Seed.' I pitched him 'Whispers.' He was predictably delighted at the prospect of being stranded off-world with an all-female team."
                (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)
                http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s5/507.shtml

Comment

whooooooooooo! Christina Cox yay!!!

hope she's got the same kick ass personality that she has in Blood Ties
                  Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                  Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

I guess all the people (women?) complaining about 'casting hot models' would prefer if Flanigan, Momoa, Hewlett and Smith were replaced by butt ugly guys.

Comment

Maybe having more hot female characters will even the ratio between males and females at conventions
                      The cake is a lie!

Comment

Nicole de Boer - the best news in SGA in two years

I hope that we will meet them all more often when they are doing such an event from that.
                        And I hope this doesn´t mean that we will see less Lorne in S5

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Having established that the all-female team is played @ least semi-descent & atrractive, strong women (both individually & as a group); I am more interested ot see the characters & how they interact with one another & Shep's Team - particularly considering alot of front line tropps are male.

Women here in the Australian Army aren't allowed to serve on front lines (don't ask me why, I've had plenty of women kick my ass over the years, I know they can hold theitr own! ); but it is good to see STARGATE & the female military characters in SGA &SG-1 giving women in the military a good wrap & showing they can be sexy/smart/sophisticated AND kick ass (literally & figuratively).

I personally wanna see more of the all-female team & wtach them whump the boys from Atlantis (preferrably Shep) & pwn the Wraith!

Comment

Nice to see Nicole again, last time I saw her was in DS9 and quite enjoyed her character despite the short run she had. I think she does look the part of a doctor so here's hoping they write her to be an interesting character.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Talking about supermodels: lol

Looks sweet, doesn`t she...

Honestly...if there is nothing to complain about, you guys are perfect in searching for something to complain.
                              We all know about Leela and not only SG wanted her but BSG as well...hmmm...makes you think about her as a good actress.

Christina is 36 years old for gods sake...not the mid-twen you would have expected.

Nicole is 38 years old and something you could call a scifi-veteran

Janina...well, you can see the picture. I think she fits perfectly the type of woman they wanted, according to the casting call I read.

Overall I think they made a pretty good job here. I`m totally looking forward to this one...
                              Sorry for my bad english...I`m still learning.

Comment

I noticed people moaning about the all female team expecting them to be too beautiful/look like hookers. These woman look pretty normal to me, good looking yes, but there are still some people complaining.

Maybe the next all female team could consist of women inflicted with elephantitis. Wouldn't that just be so much better? And don't forget, we have to replace Shep, Ronon and Lorne with rabid, deformed hobos too! It's gotta be a fair deal now!

Comment

Working...
                                X