Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree with Kindy. Their wasn't much whinning in this episode.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Yep Rodney is just AWFUL in this episode!!

He stays up ALL NIGHT long trying to figure out how to help Ronon!!!!!!

Sits with RONON while he goes through detox.

What is Everyone's definition of Whining??

Maybe the people who Don't LIKE Rodney feel that every time Rodney opens his mouth he whines, or says more than three sentences it somehow becomes a Rodney Episode.

So maybe the people who like I said, hate Rodney are the weakest link?? hmmm
      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Yeah, it's a bit much for people to be upset with him in this episode, especially big Ronon fans...

Rodney worked his tail off to find him, sat by the guy's bed when he was sleeping, and when he had the opportunity to be snarky to him (after Ronon made a comment upon waking up that he was going to punch him), he instead excitedly went to share the news that Ronon had woken up.
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
          Yep Rodney is just AWFUL in this episode!!

He stays up ALL NIGHT long trying to figure out how to help Ronon!!!!!!

Sits with RONON while he goes through detox.

What is Everyone's definition of Whining??

Maybe the people who Don't LIKE Rodney feel that every time Rodney opens his mouth he whines, or says more than three sentences it somehow becomes a Rodney Episode.

So maybe the people who like I said, hate Rodney are the weakest link?? hmmm
          Well i went from thinking he was ok to can't stand him in S4 to hmm maybe there's hope for him in in S5.....Did that make sense....

I thought there may have been a little bit of whining but not much...I mean let's face it,he wouldn't be Rodney if he didn't whine a little bit but it got really ridiculous in S4 with the whining but in S5 it's so far so good so maybe there's hope for him yet

I'm just so glad they've toned down the whining in S5,i just hope for the rest of the season they don't resort back to S4 Rodney!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            Well i went from thinking he was ok to can't stand him in S4 to hmm maybe there's hope for him in in S5.....Did that make sense....

I thought there may have been a little bit of whining but not much...I mean let's face it,he wouldn't be Rodney if he didn't whine a little bit but it got really ridiculous in S4 with the whining but in S5 it's so far so good so maybe there's hope for him yet

I'm just so glad they've toned down the whining in S5,i just hope for the rest of the season they don't resort back to S4 Rodney!
            I admit to having a "Zero Whine Tolerance"... I hear that tone of voice and my skin crawls! Rodney seems to excell at it and for unknown reasons some people think it is funny to hear a grown man whine! I am not one of those. I actually didn't mind rodney in the first two eps, but then he began whining again! IF they go back to no whine I will be thrilled!
            Last edited by Rac80; 26 July 2008, 11:54 AM.

Comment

i love rodney whining. no whine, then whe have to check whether its not a shapeshifting alien

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                I admit to having a "Zero Whine Tolerance"... I hear that tone of voice and my skin crawls! Rodney seems to excell at it and for unknon reasons some people think it is funny to hear a grown man whine! I am not one of those. I actually didn't mind rodney in the first two eps, but then he began whining again! IF they go back to no whine I will be thrilled!
                Oh i don't find whining funny either....But a very small bit i can handle
                sigpic

Comment

without rodney, and some carter type of replacement, it would become too much like SG1

Comment

Oh i don't find whining funny either....But a very small bit i can handle
                    you are a better woman than I am... no whine...all the time!

Comment

you are a better woman than I am... no whine...all the time!
                      Well then...That's when the mute button comes in handy
                      sigpic

Comment

I admit to having a "Zero Whine Tolerance"... I hear that tone of voice and my skin crawls! Rodney seems to excell at it and for unknown reasons some people think it is funny to hear a grown man whine! I am not one of those. I actually didn't mind rodney in the first two eps, but then he began whining again! IF they go back to no whine I will be thrilled!
                        See, I hear people say the same thing about Keller. In both cases I don't mind them. Like them both because they seem like real people with fears and foibles. (Of course every once in awhile I want to give McKay a swift kick to the rear.)

He wasn't whiny this week though, I thought.
                        My Livejournal
                        I watched all of the first four seasons of SGA last May. Here are my newbie impressions.

Comment

Exactly, miniglik. Keller whines too, in a similar tone of voice. I find it charming from both of them, in moderation, which I think both achieve.

I still think it's pretty unfair that McKay can't whine because he's a guy and Keller gets a free pass because she's a girl.
                          Theoretically spoilerish:
                          Spoiler:
                          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Well then...That's when the mute button comes in handy
                            and my mute button activates the closed captioning so I don't miss any of the storyline. Hopefully next week will have less whining and a more enjoyable ep!

(ok I admit I inhabit a fantasy world on that topic... but let me have my delusions! )

Sorry Kindly but I see a world of difference between a young woman (in her 20's) and a (supposedly 40 ish) adult male whining! some things are just different! "time passages" you know! What is cute at one age is simply annoying (or disgusting as the case may be) at another. Ever seen a gal or guy in their 50's dressing like they are 25? yeeech! Atleast IMHO!

Comment

and my mute button activates the closed captioning so I don't miss any of the storyline. Hopefully next week will have less whining and a more enjoyable ep!

(ok I admit I inhabit a fantasy world on that topic... but let me have my delusions! )

Oh that is cool...
                              Ok fantasy world activated!
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh that is cool...
                                Ok fantasy world activated!
                                Nice here isn't it?
                                have a drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X