This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stclare View Post
    Its weird because I also think he is one of the best written charcters and has enjoyed some of the best development. i just despair when they forget that and regress him to make him fit the story.
    And therein lies the problem.....They are that focused on Rodney most of the time they forget that's there's other characters they need to write for!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      And therein lies the problem.....They are that focused on Rodney most of the time they forget that's there's other characters they need to write for!
      ITA! it turns into either the mckay show or the mcshep hour, either way it is not good for a group dynamic.

Comment

i just despair when they forget that and regress him to make him fit the story.
        » Yup. Exactly.

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
        it turns into either the mckay show or the mcshep hour
        » Or the Jennikins hour

Comment

After watching "The Seed" i thought id post here

Spoiler:
          I really enjoyed the few scenes which McKay had with Teyla. When mcKay was quarantined Teyla was thoughtful enough to come to McKay's room to keep him in the loop about what was happening on Atlantis.

It was the first scene McKay and teyla have had together in quite a long time (i dont remember the last time they had a scene together before "The Seed") and it was good to see as they had good interaction.

Comment

Search & Rescue
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Search & Rescue
              How could i forget that one

But my statement stands that McKay and teyla need more scenes together.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                After watching "The Seed" i thought id post here

Spoiler:
                I really enjoyed the few scenes which McKay had with Teyla. When mcKay was quarantined Teyla was thoughtful enough to come to McKay's room to keep him in the loop about what was happening on Atlantis.

It was the first scene McKay and teyla have had together in quite a long time (i dont remember the last time they had a scene together before "The Seed") and it was good to see as they had good interaction.
                I did enjoy that scene with Teyla and Rodney. We need more one-on-one interaction scenes like that with mckay if we are supposed to see him as a member of the team and not just "the biggest whiner". maybe there will be hope.... but I doubt it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                  I did enjoy that scene with Teyla and Rodney. We need more one-on-one interaction scenes like that with mckay if we are supposed to see him as a member of the team and not just "the biggest whiner". maybe there will be hope.... but I doubt it!
                  Rodney hasnt been in either eps as much this season compared two the first two of last season IMO. it seems the emphasis is on Shep and his hero complex.

Not that im complaining there may have been less of him in the Seed, but the scenes he was in, i felt were really well done, with little to no whining. his interactions with all the women was a lot more respectful and subdued compared to some earlier episodes. so though i dont feel i see as much of him what i have seen is well worth the trade off.
                  sigpic
                  banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Rodney hasnt been in either eps as much this season compared two the first two of last season IMO. it seems the emphasis is on Shep and his hero complex.

Not that im complaining there may have been less of him in the Seed, but the scenes he was in, i felt were really well done, with little to no whining. his interactions with all the women was a lot more respectful and subdued compared to some earlier episodes. so though i dont feel i see as much of him what i have seen is well worth the trade off.
                    I actually quite liked him in the first two eps in S5.....He wasn't overly used,he has toned ack him whining greatly which i liked and his scenes with Teyla were really good.....And i almost forgot how much i miss the McKay/Carson banter.....Long may it continue like this....I may even start to like him again!
                    sigpic

Comment

I actually quite liked him in the first two eps in S5.....He wasn't overly used,he has toned ack him whining greatly which i liked and his scenes with Teyla were really good.....And i almost forgot how much i miss the McKay/Carson banter.....Long may it continue like this....I may even start to like him again!
                      I would have realy loved seeing Rodney

spoilery

Spoiler:
                      rodney talking to carson in stasis it would have helped reinforce that they are meant to be best friends. that idea came out of left field to me in season 3 after sunday.

I agree as much as I love my Rodney I too hate it when they make him the whiney laugh monkey - theres no real need for it anymore.

To the bold, dont speak to soon you will jinx us
                      sigpic
                      banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

I would have realy loved seeing Rodney

spoilery

Spoiler:
                        rodney talking to carson in stasis it would have helped reinforce that they are meant to be best friends. that idea came out of left field to me in season 3 after sunday.

I agree as much as I love my Rodney I too hate it when they make him the whiney laugh monkey - theres no real need for it anymore.

To the bold, dont speak to soon you will jinx us

Yeah that would have been nice....

I don't want them to get rid of the whining completely but i just thought they went way over the score with it in S4,so hopefully they've decided to tone it down

ohhh oops *tapes mouth shut*
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah that would have been nice....

I don't want them to get rid of the whining completely but i just thought they went way over the score with it in S4,so hopefully they've decided to tone it down

ohhh oops *tapes mouth shut*
                          Now you've done it

prepares ear plugs for next week
                          sigpic
                          banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Now you've done it

prepares ear plugs for next week
                            Well if i get enough Teyla next week he'll be off the hook
                            sigpic

Comment

Mckay exists, therefore he whines! and oh my heck did he ever in this ep!

Comment

The whining in this episode was pretty darn minimal, if it existed at all.
                                Theoretically spoilerish:
                                Spoiler:
                                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Working...
                                X