This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timtonruben359 View Post
    I'm thinking they would kill of Lorne before Zelenka that being said, Stargate Solutions has Zelenka in Ghost in the Machine (episode 5) and Lorne in Broken Ties (Episode 3). I'm pretty sure Kavan Smith (Lorne) said he'll be in a number of episodes this year. JM has stated they're trying to build up more of a support cast since they killed a number of them off last year.

The writers have been a little nuts killing people off on Atlantis I mean 3 main characters, and a number of supporting characters. I am hoping the cast will stay fairly stable this year and if there is a season 6. That's what made SG-1 so great was the fact the cast stayed the same for 7 years and they managed to build up great chemistry and grow their characters. I think on SGA we’ve seen the writers get rid of characters just for the sake of getting rid of them.
    Well Ford needed to go, he was such a bland character. Carson has returned so, the only regrets I have is Weir. She was a great character, but I guess they felt they could take a risk with it, and I think for Season 4 it went very well. Too bad it will end so much potential and opportunity, imo.

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    Wonder how Zelenka will die . Prolly running some errand for McShep
    Nah, he'll fall through the vent duct overlooking the woman's showers! Kidding! I like Zelenka!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Nah, he'll fall through the vent duct overlooking the woman's showers! Kidding! I like Zelenka!
      So glad you are just kidding!
      But Zelenka can share my shower anytime...
      sigpicDr. Z!

Comment

Well Ford needed to go, he was such a bland character. Carson has returned so, the only regrets I have is Weir. She was a great character, but I guess they felt they could take a risk with it, and I think for Season 4 it went very well. Too bad it will end so much potential and opportunity, imo.
        I agree with your comments on Weir. I wasn't actually a fan of the character until after This Mortal Coil...I just miss the chemistry she had with the other characters like Sheppard and McKay.

Comment

I think both of these characters are safe this season. Zelenka has a nice role in season 4 and was in the majority of the episodes and even had some focus parts. They tried the ratings game by killing off Carson, which was the worst move ever by the entire Franchise, imo. Well the show did better with Carson's return. So why make the same mistake twice?
          yup! also that decision was made by different PTB
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Zelenka has been being developed alot lately. I really don't want him gone. I was intrigued by the last time we saw Weir. I am hoping they will bring her brack for some episodes.
            "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
            'Eleanor Roosevelt'
            Individuality is freedom lived.
            'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1 View Post
              Zelenka has been being developed alot lately. I really don't want him gone.
              I agree and that's also the reason he'll be imo

I was intrigued by the last time we saw Weir. I am hoping they will bring her brack for some episodes.
              Spoiler:
              TH turned down the offer to appear in s5. instead we'll see a somewhat different Weir in GitM
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

The writers have been a little nuts killing people off on Atlantis I mean 3 main characters, and a number of supporting characters. I am hoping the cast will stay fairly stable this year and if there is a season 6. That's what made SG-1 so great was the fact the cast stayed the same for 7 years and they managed to build up great chemistry and grow their characters. I think on SGA we’ve seen the writers get rid of characters just for the sake of getting rid of them.
                .: With your comment on SG-1, I wished the PTB had kept the S2-S3 cast together at least until that time or an actor wanted off. The super sexy six had too great of chemistry together and now it's all out of whack.

.: The "shock value" ploys - as you said, getting rid of characters just for the sake of getting rid of characters is just lame. If you get rid of a character, either do it effectively (PTB tend to be impotent at that), or kill someone majority audience hates (*cough*Keller*cough*)

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

.: The "shock value" ploys - as you said, getting rid of characters just for the sake of getting rid of characters is just lame. If you get rid of a character, either do it effectively (PTB tend to be impotent at that), or kill someone majority audience hates (*cough*Keller*cough*)
                  Well based on Stargate's history, medical doctors seem to get the axe so Keller has the odds against her .

Comment

Well based on Stargate's history, medical doctors seem to get the axe so Keller has the odds against her .
                    .: But she has assets (if you catch my meaning) and is under 30. And the PTB love her.

.: Thats when the odds fly out the window

Comment

Zelenka has been being developed alot lately. I really don't want him gone.
                      They've been having some fun with Zelenka in S3 and S4. I really think it will continue in S5. Zelenka works so well with all the other characters.
                      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

WHAT!!! NO!!! RADEK CAN'T DIE!!
                        and if he does. the fan campaign t revive him will be larger than all the others combined!
                        Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X