• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Enemy at the Gate snippets

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=2452

Jan 9 2009

excerpt:

There are indeed aspects to the story that will need to be addressed, as David Hewlett explained in an io9 interview, “I think what’s nice about the episode is there’s enough unanswered stuff there. There are still things that need to be dealt with that I hope there will be more Atlantis for people to see, in cheaper formats, TV movies or DVD movies or whatever they want to do. But I do hope that’s something we can look forward to.”
    Fortunately, some of the events of the series finale will continue in the first Stargate Atlantis movie being penned by writing and production partners Mallozzi and Mullie. Mallozzi said, “The idea originally conceived for the opening two-parter [for Season Six] will now be the basis of the first Stargate: Atlantis movie, the difference being that we’ll be able to tell our story on a much bigger, visual effects-laden, character-centered canvas.”

REST AT LINK ABOVE

+++++++++++++++++++

http://blogs.usaweekend.com/whos_new...-at-the-f.html

Jan 9 2009

excerpt:

USA WEEKEND copy chief Jill Golden has been a loyal fan of Stargate Atlantis since the second season, getting hooked mostly because of the characters. In fact, some of her favorite episodes in the five-year run focused on the people rather than the save-the-universe plot. (One that comes to her mind? A second season episode, Grace Under Pressure, in which annoyingly brilliant — and brilliantly annoying — Dr. Rodney McKay is trapped alone on a puddle jumper at the bottom of the ocean.) So Jill is the perfect person to give us her thoughts on the series finale airing tonight at 9 p.m. ET on Sci Fi (for a video preview, go here). Click read more below for her inside peek at the episode.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

+++++++++++++++++++

Comment

SGA - TV By The Numbers: Au revoir Stargate:

At TV By The Numbers:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Damages disappoints, Top Chef shines, and au revoir Stargate Atlantis

Posted on 09 January 2009 by Robert Seidman

... The series finale of Stargate Atlantis airs tonight at 9pm on SciFi. I’ve seen the episode and thought it a fitting finale, but as I’m not a fan of spoilers myself, you won’t find any here.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Chicago Tribune: Vegas vs Enemy at the Gate:

At the Chicago Tribune's TV blog, The Watcher, by Maureen Ryan (Chicago, IL):

Originally posted: January 9, 2009

'Stargate Atlantis' hits the jackpot in 'Vegas'

There are two "Stargate Atlantis" episodes airing Friday. One of them is funny, fresh, interesting and full of creative twists.

The other is the show's series finale.

**snippage**

The series finale, however, feels a little more bleh (that's a combination of "blah" and "meh," in case you were wondering). There are wormholes and crises and nuclear bombs and murderous Wraith and an appearance by Samantha Carter (the always pleasing Amanda Tapping). Teyla gets little or nothing to do, a ship's shields fail (as they so often do) and Rodney spouts technobabble. It's a compendium of elements we've seen on the show dozens of times. It's a competent end to "Atlantis," but it's not much more than that.

**snippage**

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....te-atlant.html

VEGAS
          'Stargate Atlantis' hits the jackpot in 'Vegas'

excerpts
          There are two "Stargate Atlantis" episodes airing Friday. One of them is funny, fresh, interesting and full of creative twists. .....

What if, instead of fighting the evil Wraith in various galaxies, John Shepperd had ended up as a burnt-out detective in Las Vegas? What if Rodney McKay had ended up as a smooth fixer for a secretive government agency instead of a nerdy scientist? It's the old alternative universe premise, but the whole enterprise is done in an engaging and fun way. There's a bit of inside humor for longtime fans of the 'Gate, an intriguing Wraith story line and even an entertaining appearance by a couple of "Sopranos" actors.

All in all, it's one of the best episodes "Atlantis" has ever done.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

ENEMY AT THE GATE

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Robert-P...e-1001369.aspx

Robert Picardo Shares Stargate Atlantis Memories

Excerpt:

TVGuide.com: How you feel about the show ending?
          Robert Picardo: Well, there were a lot of disappointed fans. I've met a lot of them at personal appearances, and I did a Christmas charity event and got a lot of sad eyes coming up to me. There was a certain amount of sadness that I saw in the regular fans, but I assured them that we would be making a television movie for Sci Fi channel. So, there will be more to come

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

SGA - San Francisco Examiner: TV On DVD: 'Stargate: Atlantis' finale:

At the San Francisco Examiner's TV on DVD blog (San Francisco, CA):

'Stargate: Atlantis' finale prompts look at early seasons

January 8, 4:30 PM

by John Stahl, TV on DVD Examiner

Before sharing my thoughts on the DVD sets of the first two seasons of "Stargate: Atlantis," I want to thank the person or persons behind the website Subduction leads to Orogeny for posting the portion of my entry on Tuesday that mentioned my interview with Shaun Daily on TV Talk [on Friday, Jan. 9].

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....83&postcount=1

... I would also like to comment on two aspects of the current season. The "I Dream of Jeannie" fan in me loved the reference to "Major Nelson" in a recent episode. I also liked the clever way that last Friday's episode lead into tomorrow's series finale but did not like the overall "CSI: Atlantis" aspect of the show. It seemed that one of the other truly infinite possibilities regarding the generally very good concept would have been better. I do appreciate that it was very true to the Stargate spirit.

I am very eager to see the new Stargate series and the "Atlantis" direct-to-DVD movies.

Please feel free to share comments and questions as additions to this entry or as e-mail to tvdvdguy [at] gmail.com. I also apologize if I got anything wrong; I simply have not started the Stargate studies that I intended to begin. This project is still on my list.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - MGM Studios: Stargate Atlantis - Don't Miss the Series Finale Tonight!:

From a MGM Studios e-mail announcement:

Stargate Atlantis - Don't Miss the Series Finale Tonight!

http://tinyurl.com/8dummh

STARGATE ATLANTIS - SERIES FINALE

TONIGHT! Join the Atlantis team for one of their biggest battles with the Wraith yet.

9/8c only on Sci Fi

Visit Stargate.MGM.com for exclusive behind-the-scenes photos and online featurettes!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Enemy at the Gate review

http://www.scifi-universe.com/actual...rie-culte-.htm

French language:

Le scénario manque d’idées, lorsqu’on nous annonce la mort d’un membre de l’équipe, on n’y croit pas une seconde, il faut dire que le faire dans un series-finale, c’est manquer terriblement son coup. Surtout lorsque l’on annonce quelques semaines avant la diffusion de l’épisode, qu’aucun cliffhanger n’est prévu. La mort du docteur Beckett avait pourtant été extrêmement bien mise en avant dans le scénario de la saison 3. Toutefois, dans Ennemy at the Gate, on retrouve avec plaisir des visages connus des fans de la licence Stargate, les amateurs de SG-1 verront l’apparition du Major Davis (Colin Cunngham), tandis que ceux qui préfèrent Atlantis, s’attarderont sur le retour du Docteur Beckett (Paul McGillion), de Zelenka (David Nykl) ou encore de la brillante Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping), cette dernière rend d’ailleurs un magnifique hommage ?* Don S. Davis, l’acteur étant décédé depuis juin dernier.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

You can punch into the URL at Alta Vista’s Babelfish at http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

And that translates into the oddball: The scenario misses ideas, when one announces to us the death of a member of the team, one does not believe in it a second, it should be said that to do it in a series-finale, it is to miss its blow terribly. Especially when one announces a few weeks before the diffusion of the episode, that no cliffhanger is envisaged. The death of Doctor Beckett however had been extremely well proposed in the scenario of season 3. However, in Ennemy At the Spoils, one with pleasure finds known faces of the fans of the licence Stargate, the amateurs of SG-1 will see the appearance of the Major Davis besides (Cunngham Hake), while those which prefer Atlantis, will be delayed on the return of Doctor Beckett (Paul McGillion), of Zelenka (David Nykl) or of brilliant Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping), the latter pays a splendid homage to Don S. Davis, the actor being deceased since last June

MORE AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

SGA - the TV addict: Tonight's TV Addictions Jan 9 '09:

At the TV addict:

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

NEW & NOTABLE:

... STARGATE ATLANTIS (9PM SCI FI)

In the series finale, the crew deals with a hive ship that poses a
                  major threat to Earth. Call us crazy, but we're betting the good guys
                  will win. Although how cool would it be if the series ended by, like,
                  blowing up the planet?

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Grrl TV: Amanda Tapping Returns 'Stargate Atlantis' Series Finale:

At Grrl TV:

Amanda Tapping Returns for `Stargate Atlantis' Series Finale

by Chandra on January 9th, 2009

If you're a Stargate Atlantis fan, as am I, you know that former Stargate SG-1 and current Sanctuary star Amanda Tapping was a regular cast member on the show last season.

You also probably know that tonight, January 9, at 9pm EST, the SG-1 spinoff Atlantis airs its series finale, "Enemy at the Gate," after five satisfying seasons. And, yes — talented Tapping rejoins her former castmates for the final ride of the series.

Several Atlantis movies will follow soon, but if you're a Tapping fan, you won't want to miss her appearance tonight. Then, make sure to stick around the Sci Fi Channel afterwards for the first-season finale of her own show Sanctuary, which will return for a second season later this year.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - i09: The 10 Funniest Moments From 5 Years Of Stargate Atlantis:

At i09:

(Video clips embedded at the site.)

The 10 Funniest Moments From 5 Years Of Stargate Atlantis

By Meredith Woerner, on Fri Jan 9 2009

Tonight is the series finale of Stargate Atlantis. We'll miss that
                      great SGA humor most of all — here are the moments that made us laugh
                      hardest.

The hardest part about losing Stargate Atlantis is that we're losing yet another scifi series that didn't take itself so seriously, but respected the actors enough that it didn't become Knight Rider.

SGA, for me, was less about the Wraith, or even character development,
                      but more about what ridiculous one-liner will Ronon try to work this
                      week. Sure, I cheered when McKay bagged the girl and when Sheppard
                      saved someone's life... once again.

But what I'll remember from the crew of Atlantis was the funny. It's
                      the string of clever moments (some more than others) is what I'll look
                      back on fondly over the years. And yes, I'll light a candle to say
                      goodbye to dear, sweet Rodney McKay — but he really, truly is only as
                      good as the people who roll their eyes around him.

So here are, in my humble opinion the top 10 funniest moments from
                      Stargate Atlantis. (Please add on your favorites as well.)

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - GateWorld: The Best of Ronon Dex:

At GateWorld:

(Please follow the link for the complete GateWorld article.)

The Best of Ronon Dex

Friday, January 9 (FEATURES)

Our countdown to the Stargate Atlantis finale wraps up with a look at
                        our five favorite Ronon episodes!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

From a SciFi.com e-mail announcement:

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Chicago Tribune's Show Patrol: 'Atlantis' signs off:

At the Chicago Tribune (Chicago, IL):

(Please follow the link for the complete column. The review author rated EATG with 2 out of 4 stars.)

Show Patrol by Curt Wagner

Posted: January 9, 2009

'Psych' returns as 'Atlantis' signs off

"Stargate Atlantis" airs its 100th and final episode Friday with the aptly title “Enemy at the Gate.” It’s not the best “SGA” ep ever, but it’s a nice goodbye, with Amanda Tapping’s Col. Samantha Carter and other favorites coming back. They’re all battling the alien Wraith, who have found their way to Earth. Atlantis and its crew race to destroy an advanced hive ship, giving fans a thrilling space battle. It also gives Col. Sheppard (Joe Flanigan) one last cha nce to look studly and save the day. If you know what a Wraith is, you’re stoked like I am.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Pink Raygun: Recap and Review - 'Vegas':

At Pink Raygun:

(Please follow the link for the complete LENGTHY recap and review of 'Vegas.')

Stargate Atlantis: Vegas

By Wolfen Moondaughter

I feel like I’m suffering from Bipolar Disorder when watching this Rob Cooper-penned episode: I both love and dislike aspects of it at the same time. Happily, though, while I don’t count it as an all-time fave exactly, there’s never a point where I actually hate it. But I haven’t felt this conflicted over an entire episode of something since the final episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer!

When I’d first heard of the concept, on Mallozzi’s blog, I wasn’t too thrilled — it sounded like it wasn’t much of a “sci-fy”-y sort of ep, and like it was going to be pretty much all Sheppard, two points I would not want for a nearly-last episode. Thankfully, there was more sci-fi to it than I’d expected, and Rodney, Woolsey, Zelenka (and yes, Keller) were also in it. Unfortunately, Ronon and Teyla were not in it. (Yes, I know, it’s unlikely that Ronon and Teyla would have joined the Expedition without John, but one could argue that it’s unlikely the expedition would have survived at all without him anyway, or say that the Wraith wouldn’t have gotten woken up early, so there would be little need for a war. And since Rodney says he has a team in Pegasus, I saw no reason why that team could not have included Ronon and Teyla, nor why, if it did, they wouldn’t have come along to hunt for the Wraith on Earth. I mean, if Ronon would come when Jeannie was abducted and when John needed moral support when his father died,, why wouldn’t Ronon come to track a Wraith?) Rodney wasn’t in it nearly as much as I would have liked, either — I would have much preferred Sheppard work with him on the investigation the whole time. I did appreciate their chemistry together in the scenes they did have, though. And I was thrilled to see a more serious Rodney for a change — while I appreciate it when he’s funny, it’s those serious moments (or the moments where his humour is intended, as biting sarcasm, rather than the writers using him as the brunt of a joke or as a clown) that I like best. So even if the ep as a whole isn’t quite a fave, some of my fave McSheppy interaction can be found here!

The dialogue was stilted and hokey at times, like old noir or western films (you know, “pulp” type stuff), and didn’t really reflect well on the actors’ abilities — yet it worked, at least in the context of the episode. The story was also very slow in spots, though. (Okay, I don’t have an “other side” to that.) I was happy to see Neil Jackson again, at least. He played Khalek in SG-1’s “Prototype” and Marcus, my fave character, on Blade: The Series; this time, he was the Wraith. As glad as I was to see him, and as fantastic of a job as he did, I’m also surprised they didn’t use a Wraith we’re already familier with. I’m, also a little disappointed that John didn’t give him a name. I was happy to see Todd again, of course; it was intriguing to see him as a nutter, but I wish Rodney had been more compassionate about it ….

…. See you (hopefully) next week, for my review of “Enemy at the ‘Gate”! And provided I manage to get this posted in time and you read it before then, don’t forget my “Goodbye to the ‘Gate Party” tonight, January 9th at 11:10 EST, at “The ‘Gate Room”, my virtual chatroom! Feel free to use this room any other time as well!

http://www.whirled.com/#world-s101919

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - SciFi.com - NEW Quiz - Season 5 Wrap-Up:

At SciFi.com's Stargate Atlantis site:

Quiz - Season 5 Wrap-Up

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X