X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA - Yahoo! TV - Tonight's Picks Friday Nov 21 '08:

At Yahoo! TV:

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

Tonight's Picks Friday November 21, 2008

**snippage**

Stargate: Atlantis

Friday at 9pm on SciFi

Things heat up when Dr. Keller and Dr. McKay journey to Earth for a top-secret scientific demonstration by McKay's former rival, who claims to have the remedy for global warming. But his dangerous theory becomes an apocolyptic reality and lives are put in danger.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Stargate Atlantis - Pop Culture Zoo: Talking ‘Stargate Atlantis’ With Bill Nye:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=615
      Last edited by morjana; 21 November 2008, 08:51 PM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Stargate Atlantis - Show Patrol: Dave Foley gets geeky on 'Stargate Atlantis':

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=617
        Last edited by morjana; 21 November 2008, 08:50 PM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - SciFi.com Updates for Brain Storm/Infection:

From the SciFi Channel's Stargate Atlantis site, updates for November 21, 2008:

Brain Storm

* Episode Synopsis

* Episode Photos

NEW Alex Levine blog update for Brain Storm

NEXT new episode: Infection airs Friday December 5 at 9pm on the SciFi Channel (US).

After a Wraith hive ship shows up over Atlantis transmitting a distress call, the team discovers that its crew has been stricken with a disease they helped create.

Trailer for Infection at SciFi.com

Also embedded on my google blog

NEW Season 5 Quiz!

Romance

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - MGM Stargate: Video: Paul McGillion Talks About Outsiders:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=779

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Clique Clack: Review - 'Brain Storm':

At Clique Clack:

(Please follow the link for the complete review. There are some very lovely HD screencaps at the site.)

Stargate Atlantis - Rodney and Jennifer sittin’ in a tree… (rolls eyes)

by Brett Love

Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our Stargate. Yeah, from the get go, there were a lot of reasons for me to not like this episode. With the series rapidly racing toward its finale, an episode where Sheppard and Ronon make the briefest of cameos, while Teyla and Woolsey are completely missing, is really not what I’m looking for. Add to that the fact that this was a ‘relationship’ episode, and we were really starting out in a hole. Some fun casting helped a little, but I’m guessing that this one will ultimately be viewed by a goodly number of fans as a swing, and a miss.

**snippage**

Really, I spent an awful lot of time just shaking my head at this one. It felt like the story came together like this: We have to do green week, and McKay and Keller have to finally declare their deep love for each other. The rest of it was just window dressing, and window dressing of the garish variety. So, yeah, it’s a rare thumbs down for Atlantis for me. On the bright side, Todd will be back to save the day in two weeks.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Film School Rejects: Review - 'Brain Storm':

At Film School Rejects:

(Please follow the link for the complete review.)

TV Review: Stargate Atlantis 5.16 - Brain Storm

Posted by Kevin Carr - November 22, 2008

Review: This episode doesn’t contribute that much to the overall ending of the series, unless the Atlantis team ends up using a space-time bridge to eventually defeat the Wraith. Rather, this show is more about the characters of Rodney and Keller. As I mentioned previously, when I interviewed Jewel Staite at Comic-Con in July, she assured me that Keller was going to make a choice in men, between Rodney and Ronon, and here’s her choice.

**snippage**

Finally, while this episode doesn’t contribute to the overall storyline of the Stargate universe, it was a nice cameo spotlight, with an appearance by Gary Jones as Airman Harriman and Bill Nye the Science Guy as one of Rodney’s scientific rivals back home.

Up Next: It’s a break for the Thanksgiving holiday, but Stargate: Atlantis returns after that to start its last three episodes, beginning with a visit from Todd the Wraith who is looking for help battling an illness.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                  SGA - Film School Rejects: Review - 'Brain Storm':

At Film School Rejects:

**snip**

Up Next: It’s a break for the Thanksgiving holiday, but Stargate: Atlantis returns after that to start its last three episodes, beginning with a visit from Todd the Wraith who is looking for help battling an illness.
                  nope, four (Infection, Identity, Vegas and Enemy at the Gate)
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                    nope, four (Infection, Identity, Vegas and Enemy at the Gate)
                    I think Kevin was using New Math.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - MGM Stargate: NEW Poll Nov 24 '08:

At MGM Stargate:

STARGATE POLL

Who would make the best high school science teacher?

* Malcolm Tunney

* Rodney McKay

* Bill Nye

* Neil deGrasse Tyson

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - IGN: Review - 'Brain Storm':

At IGN:

(The review author rated this episode with a 8.6 out of 10. Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Stargate Atlantis: "Brain Storm" Review

Bill Nye the Science Guy and the mile high club.

by Tory Ireland Mell

November 24, 2008 - Writer-producer Martin Gero does a pretty good job in his Stargate directorial debut, and he also had the good fortune to direct some science gurus and the love moment we have all been waiting for!

The science and celebrity cameos were a bountiful in "Brain Storm" -- from Marshall Bell to Bill Nye the Science Guy -- this episode was filled with fun times and laughter.

**snippage**

This was a very well done standalone episode. I never for a moment wondered where the rest of the team was, even though I knew where they were. These are the moments I like, especially when these types of episodes are usually boring and just simple throwaway shows.

The CG was pretty nice on the complex and the tornadoes looked good, but my only problem if I were to have one with the look of the episode, was that the front desk where they checked in and the reception area looked like they were two completely different places. For continuity's sake, it would have been less distracting if both locations had a common theme. But that is an art department problem, and me being nit-picky.

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode, even when the previews for it made me think it would just be mediocre at best.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I am surprised IGN gave such a high rating for Brain Storm. They are well known to giving out bad reviews
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Stargate Atlantis - MGM Stargate: Behind the Scenes: Brain Storm:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....45&postcount=1

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              I am surprised IGN gave such a high rating for Brain Storm. They are well known to giving out bad reviews
                              To be honest, IGN's reviews are really poor, IMO. And the fact that this reviewer liked this eppie just goes to prove my point... IMHO, of course
                              sigpic

Comment

SGA - SyFy Portal: Review - 'Brain Storm':

At SyFy Portal:

(Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Review: 'Stargate: Atlantis' - Brain Storm

By MIKE MOODY
                                Source: SyFy Portal
                                Nov-22-2008

McKay and Keller finally got together -- and got it on – in one of the funniest stand-alone episodes of the season..

I've been excited about "Brain Storm" ever since the guest list was announced. It's not every day that you get a founding member of "The Kids in the Hall" sharing screen time with someone like Billy Nye the Science Guy on a "Stargate" show.

**snippage**

What Worked

The pace, the jokes, the romance, the "freeze lightning" -- it was all good. The guest stars were a joy to watch. Even the fake Stephen Hawking worked for me.

What Didn't Work

The usual. The plot was pretty standard -- shut down the device that's gonna kill us all -- and the tornado effects looked a little silly. Even though I enjoyed it, I'm sure some fans would have rather seen an ep that featured the entire cast in the middle of the action.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X